Im going to color and straighten my hair any tips on color/heat protectant?

Rapunzel*

im thinking of doing a black rinse and flat iron tonight im thinking of doing a protein treatment for my dc or should i not?it comes with a conditioner in the box but i need something more creamy/thick

i used natural instincts midnight black on my sister it came out nice and had a great shine
icon7.gif

any tips because i need a regimen on straightening i detangled my hair earlier today
im going to use fantaisia ic heat protectent
and cowash with aussie moist before i color

I don't suggest coloring your WET hair. If you decide to color, please color on dry hair. I'm pretty sure that's what the directions will suggest. Also, please do a strand test. I'm saying this because I didn't and the color and my hair didn't like each other. It was just a rinse thank goodness but it still damaged my bangs in my opinion (I just colored to cover gray hair in my bangs - cause I'm too young for gray).

I would suggest a moisturizing deep conditioner after coloring. I also use a touch of neutralizing shampoo in my shampoo if I use any color. Cause I want to make sure it completely stops processing when I tell it to. But that's up to you.

Do you have a relaxer? Are you natural? It's tough to give straightening tips without knowing your hair texture and needs.

I don't suggest coloring your WET hair. If you decide to color, please color on dry hair. I'm pretty sure that's what the directions will suggest. Also, please do a strand test. I'm saying this because I didn't and the color and my hair didn't like each other. It was just a rinse thank goodness but it still damaged my bangs in my opinion (I just colored to cover gray hair in my bangs - cause I'm too young for gray).

I would suggest a moisturizing deep conditioner after coloring. I also use a touch of neutralizing shampoo in my shampoo if I use any color. Cause I want to make sure it completely stops processing when I tell it to. But that's up to you.

Do you have a relaxer? Are you natural? It's tough to give straightening tips without knowing your hair texture and needs.
im natural and i forget what the box says i think it wants it on dry or damp hair. it says dont shampoo until 1-2 days after coloring. its a rinse. but since my sis had a relaxer i added a little shampoo before coloring to make sure all the relaxer was rinsed out.

i dont think i will do a strand test, i belive im suppose to disgaurd after use right?thats what most directions say.

Back