I'm going to be a Maid of Honor!!!!! Yeeeeah!!!!

Amazhaan

I am sooooo excited for one of my besties that will be getting married in October 2011. She got engaged in March and asked me to be her MOH yesterday.

She hasn't done much thus far, so I am curious to know what I'm getting myself into.

So far, she has picked out the colors, the venue (and is currently securing the date there, as her first choice is already booked), the flavor of the cake, and selected her bridal party--which is 4 bridesmaids including me.

I believe as the MOH, I'm suppose to plan and host the bridal shower and bachelorette party. This is fine, but please also note that she is and will be getting married in Cali and I'm in Florida.

I have tons of frequent flier miles, so I can book a few flights for $10, but I want to make the most of my trips out there and do as much as I can here.

That's pretty much it. So I am looking for some help/advice and any useful tools, websites that you all could recommend.

Thanks in advance...

I am sooooo excited for one of my besties that will be getting married in October 2011. She got engaged in March and asked me to be her MOH yesterday.

She hasn't done much thus far, so I am curious to know what I'm getting myself into.

So far, she has picked out the colors, the venue (and is currently securing the date there, as her first choice is already booked), the flavor of the cake, and selected her bridal party--which is 4 bridesmaids including me.

I believe as the MOH, I'm suppose to plan and host the bridal shower and bachelorette party. This is fine, but please also note that she is and will be getting married in Cali and I'm in Florida.

I have tons of frequent flier miles, so I can book a few flights for $10, but I want to make the most of my trips out there and do as much as I can here.

That's pretty much it. So I am looking for some help/advice and any useful tools, websites that you all could recommend.

Thanks in advance...
I would say, hook up with one of the BM's that's in Cali and go from there. Do you all know each other? I'm excited for you! I have never been a BM.

Congrats on the FF miles, I loooove FF miles. It's great to get a ticket for almost nothing so it's good to know it won't take a chunch out of your pocket in order to be a supportive MOH. Congrats on being chosen as MOH!

I would say, hook up with one of the BM's that's in Cali and go from there. Do you all know each other? I'm excited for you! I have never been a BM.

Yes, she is one of my best friends...we met in college. I am just honored and I have never been a bridesmaid before either! So I am pretty stoked on my first one being a MOH. :grin::grin::grin:

Congrats on the FF miles, I loooove FF miles. It's great to get a ticket for almost nothing so it's good to know it won't take a chunch out of your pocket in order to be a supportive MOH. Congrats on being chosen as MOH!

Girl yes -- those YEARS of International and Domestic travel have paid off... I flew my SO with me to Barcelona last year for $40 and 100K miles...but it was worth it... lol

I'll have to make some trips sparingly with enough time to get several things done at once. I know that she is counting on me to basically be the event planner for her wedding so I'm researching online and will be purchasing some books, etc this weekend.

PLEASE wear the dress she picks out without any questions asked. :yep: One of my SO CALL bestie's had issues with the dress(I was paying for the dress) I picked out. We are not having a wedding party and I have not spoken to her since I told her this. I do not like the way she handled the whole situation considering I was going to do so much for her in this wedding. :wallbash::angry2:

My advice is to not be in a rush to hop on the plane to CA. Utilize Skype and other technology resources. Of course you want to fly out there for the shower and the wedding, but other than if you want to, a lot of trips back and forth is not necessary. Also, as mentioned, get to know the other bridesmaids. This is a group collaboration, all the work should not fall on you.

Back