If you were a huge celebrity, would you be rocking your real hair...

If you were a huge celebrity, would you rock your real hair?

• Yes I would, no fake hair for me

Votes: 73 27.5%
  • Only for protective styling/versatility

Votes: 114 43.0%
  • I would wear fake hair until my real hair was much longer

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • Honestly...I would probably never be seen in public with my real hair

Votes: 35 13.2%

• Total voters
I have worn a lot of weave and I'm not a celebrity so I know I would. They would just be 1000 times better. I would have a fabulous one like teyena Taylor. I wouldn't lie and say it was mine because that's childish

Well being that I'm just as important as a celebrity - if not more important and I don't wear fake hair anyway... I wouldn't if I was a celeb.

Weaves are just one of those things that aren't for me :spinning:

This is a good thread OP. I would rock weaves with the BEST HAIR AND CLOSURES until I reach APL.

Have some of you noticed that when you see a celeb's real hair, it's not that impressive. (Not all...but some)

You would think that since they have money they would have really good hair, but sometimes they don't. I've seen Bey's hair with her rocking all those lacefronts, I'm not impressed with her hair. She had really pretty hair when she was little.

I think that since they are SOOOOOO busy, sometimes they don't care about healthy hair practices and just go with what looks good. :look:

beyonce_real_hair_3.jpg

images

HOLD UP! I don't know how recent this photo is but at the innaugural ball Beyonce's hair looked sooo real for the first time while she was singing. lhcf members were convinced it was hers as well... Maybe she wasn't wearing a lace front but some tracks instead for this event and it blended nicely..WOW! Yeah, this hair is not impressive-I'm surprised this photo is lurking around out there.:blush:

I would do just as I'm doin now. Switchin up. Real hair , Fake hair. Whatever floats my boat, whatever fits my schedule, whatever fits my event, talkshow, movie, concert, etc. It would just depend. I know for sure that these individuals go through unbelievable amounts of manipulation, and I would NOT about to mess up my crown because they wanna fry, dye and lay to the side my OWN hair. They can do that mess to the weave or wig.

HOLD UP! I don't know how recent this photo is but at the innaugural ball Beyonce's hair looked sooo real for the first time while she was singing. lhcf members were convinced it was hers as well... Maybe she wasn't wearing a lace front but some tracks instead for this event and it blended nicely..WOW! Yeah, this hair is not impressive-I'm surprised this photo is lurking around out there.:blush:

Her hair in that first pic was in a bun in the back. Someone posted a photo from another angle when that pic started floating around. She does have some hair, although I'm sure it's not as thick as it was when she was little. The color probably thinned it a bit.

I couldn't pick an answer, and it's not just coz I'm an indecisive Libran :giggle: I couldn't pick one because I was torn between whether I'd be able to be in charge of my hair as I am now or whether I'd have to listen to the forces that write my check. If I had full control of my own hair, then I would rock my own hair as well as wear extension braids since I know how to work with both. If I had to have my hair styled by someone because those are the rules of the game (eg the role I'd be playing in a movie needed some expertise I couldn't accomplish on my own), then I'd not rock my own hair because I REFUSE to let anyone touch my hair. They would be working on wigs on my head.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't as a big time celebrity, I wouldn't want my hair exposed! It would be way toooooooooooooooooo damaging. Even celebrities that have longer hair keep it up (you have to deal w/multiple hair styles for videos, photos, award shows, publicity events, chartiy events, fashion shows, etc...) I wouldn't want to have my real hair exposed to various stylist on a weekly basis...

I also wouldn't wear my real hair out because as big time celebrity (like Bey, Rhi, etc...) when you get that big you also have to stay ahead of the game and constantly reinvent yourself. Look at Janet (Madonna), she has never rocked the same hair do for a long period of time in over 20-25 years

Last edited:
I don't know if I would want folks messing in my hair for a magazine cover. I may just wear a wig that was an exact replica of my natural hair and let them fool with that.

I dont like fake hair plus my hair is too thick to be rocking it under a wig or anything but I wouldnt wear my real hair out too much. I dont like other folks playing in my hair and want say over what is done to it so I'd rather they manipulate the fake hair.

If I were famous, I'd wear my hair out for day to day things like shopping, but as far as working, I'd have to weave it up I believe. I just think that would be too much manipulation for my hair. LOL.

wow, great responses. I do wish we could see a few more AA celebrities in their real hair, relaxed and natural. Wouldn't it be great to see someone in a Chanel gown and a gorgeous afro puff.

I learned from the few people I know in the music biz....THey wear weaves on tour and for photo shots..To keep the many beauticians from damaging their natural hair...

So I guess my answer would be ...If I was the type of celebrity that constantly had to deal with different people in my hair...Then I would probably be rockin fake hair too...No way I would let my hair get damaged..

Knowing what I know about my hair, I would definitely be rocking some extensions until my hair grow out. Also I know if I was a celebrity I would not know anything about stretching or protective styles so a weave/extension would be my best friend.

dare to be different i suppose is why I picked "protective styling/versatility. I'm not ashamed of "weaving" b/c lots of folks do it but I also want to show off my good healthy hair progress.

If i was a celebrity i would be in control of my hair! I guess i would develop that "diva complex" like Mariah Carey and them:lachen: For one I know I would would be a heat trained natural... I would definitely have silk pressed Tailbone/Classic length length hair:blush: Id hire the best personal stylist and brainwash lhcf techniques into them:yep: Depending on what kind of celebrity i am singer, actress model id wear an undetectable lacefront that correlates to the gig im doing at that time and even then all hairstyles and foreign stylists working on my natural hair will be scrutinized to the fullest no matter whos in charge... The industry wont conform me ill conform them...

I've had bad experiences with beauticians I went to on a regular basis after researching them so I know I wouldn't trust random star stylists in my hair. Esp., when they're primary consideration is probably style/not health. I'd wear my hair to the grocery store and when I visit family during periods of rest. That's about it.

I am disappointed that even hair magazines don't make the effort to distinguish between who is weaving/wigging/lace fronting and who is not in their pages. I have been collecting Sophisticate's black hair since the 90s, but it's become almost useless now because they don't make that distinction.

I wouldn't wear my real hair b/c all the heat/lights/etc. would do too much damage to it and I'm extremely hair conscious. I wouldn't EVER say it's my real hair tho. That's just silly.

I agree totally although I voted that I would never been seen in public with my own hair (which is not strictly true) now if I was peforming or something then no way would I wear my own hair I don't need a stylist pulling and ripping at my hair just think what has happened to A Keys her hair used to ne so thick before the constant straightening

I think I would wear my real hair. I'll rock cute rollersets. I hate doing them myself. So if I were rich, I'll just pay someone to give my hair its weekly fix:grin:

i'm not into fake hair... and i always call out the weaves when i see celebrities in person or something... and i wouldn't want that if i were famous! like a previous poster said, i would hire the best hair professionals so that i could have healthy hair all the time. and i'd keep my hair long. i could still be versatile with updos and faux bobs.

i just think that it sucks that celebrities wear so much fake hair and body parts and get injections... it builds unrealistic expectations for the viewing public. now everyone just assumes that someone's hair is fake. like how people always think michelle obama is wearing a weave. no, that's her real hair. and it looks good. and you too can have good looking real hair if you choose to.

Every now and then to prove I'm not bald like the rest of these Hollywood chicks. Kinda like what Beyonce does. . .and yes, I would state it in interviews 24/7 just like her that I am wearing MY REAL HAIR :lachen:

I don't like anyone touching my hair.. so I'd style it myself.. I don't have a clue with doing weaves[ive tried] and braids take to long. so I'd just wear my own.. even if I have to bun it all the time!!

I know that the lights in movie sets/ music videos are harsh on the hair. Plus, all the different changes in styles and all that, I'd wear a weave unless I was going to a awards ceremony or something. I'm sure even at their level, most stylists use a lot of heat to get the desired look. I'd probably be too busy to do my hair and image IS everything in that business. I guess a weave for protective styling? And if I were taking a hiatus or had so much flow that I could space out my films/music, I'd take care of my hair and wear protective styles.
Ph, and I wouldn't lie about it. Especially if there are pics of me wearing my own hair! LOL

Last edited:
You know... If it was safe and I had a really good stylist I would wear my own hair. But when I needed to get really done up or required a lot of versatility, i.e. a music video, or a movie, I would not want to mess up my real hair and would opt for the fake version. I wouldn't want any teasing or frequent color or any scissors for example. My day-to-day preference however would be the real thing.

Back