If a guy doesn't approach you or ask you out, there's a good reason!

About a year there was a guy at my church that I thought was the perfect package. He was tall, handsome, great personality and always ready to lend a helping hand. I had a huge crush on him! He would flirt with me but never made a move on me. Turns out he was married with kids!! Thank goodness I never pursued him!

About a year there was a guy at my church that I thought was the perfect package. He was tall, handsome, great personality and always ready to lend a helping hand. I had a huge crush on him! He would flirt with me but never made a move on me. Turns out he was married with kids!! Thank goodness I never pursued him!

Ahhhh yes girl... I know the "church guy" scenario all too well.... :lachen: :lol: I had a bad experience years ago (documented in the RT board) with a guy friend of mine who was "in church" as well. :rolleyes:

Yes, unfortunately in a church or a place of worship you have to be REALLY careful, because a lot of times the "brothers" or men in the congregation WILL be nice, attentive, smiling, and friendly. After all, isn't that how they are SUPPOSED to be? They are supposed to be imitating Christ because we are followers of him and he was all of those things. :yep:

The problem lies however, when we as women/"sisters" take that expression of personal interest and friendliness to mean something DEEPER. :look: Trust me when I say that a christian man (yes, even a "man of God") will find SOME way to let you know that he finds you attractive and views you as more "special" than the other sisters in the congregation. Their interest may be a bit more subtle at first, and it may even take a LONG time for him to express that interest, but trust and believe that eventually you WILL know something. :yep: My experience has definitely taught me that. :yep:

Back