I want a boyfriend!

Y'all I want a boy friend too. Sometime the feeling of being alone is overbearing. It isn't really about sex, but I just want someone to commit with on a certain level. I have being single for *gasp*... almost 4 years.

Okay quick back story, I had my son. His dad and I couldn't see eye to eye. Started talking to this great guy only to get a text message from his wife. Decided to stop dating til I figure out why I attract losers and to finish my MS. Well, I'll be finished in Dec and I am just so ready to find "love".

Why don't you all start an eligible bachelor thread.

Make the cousins post pics and reviews on their eligible and foine male friends and family in your area. LOL

We can have our own match.com right here and before you know it...we could all be in laws.

I know i have a nice guy friend in Austin, Tx I'd love to see married off cause he's such a good guy and a few others...:grin:

Why don't you all start an eligible bachelor thread.

Make the cousins post pics and reviews on their eligible and foine male friends and family in your area. LOL

We can have our own match.com right here and before you know it...we could all be in laws.

I know i have a nice guy friend in Austin, Tx I'd love to see married off cause he's such a good guy and a few others...:grin:

Good idea :scratchch ..I'm game :look:

Okay quick back story, I had my son. His dad and I couldn't see eye to eye. Started talking to this great guy only to get a text message from his wife.

Count yourself lucky girl all you got was a text. I got a phone call and it wasn't pretty. She was his babymama though and they weren't living together. One of those 'wont let go type *****es'. Anyways, once I managed to calm her down I made it clear to her there wasn't anything special going on between me and this drongo who was stupid enough to let some woman get hold of my no.
I was pissed and in the mood to get back at him. I did and I even let the ***** listen in so she could know I didn't want anyhing to do with such a lame guy.
Once I was done I told them both never to call me again.

I really want one too. It's not so much the sex although I'm hoping it'll be wild, hot, passionate, kinky, etc. It's more the companionship, the sharing. Just being able to snuggle up to someone when u feel pretty fed up with the world.
Anyways, I met 2. Both are lovely one more than the other. The more lovely one has a daughter, not hating on anyone but I have a real phobia for babymama's so I try to steer away from men with kids. The other one, he's real nice but there's something about him. He seems to have underlying controllng tendencies and my intuition is telling me not to ignore the warning signs.
I'm in the middle of just getting to know them both, no sex, kissing or anything like that, just simple freindship stuff for now. However, I think I'll be going for the guy with the kid. He is just so lovely. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something nice works out.

Shiiiiiid, when I feel like that I date myself. I take mysef to dinner, a movie, a play, the museum, long walks etc...

I have just as much fun if not more because the drama is down 10 notches. I even have s*x with myself at the end of the date. :drunk:

I am sick of being the girl who sits on the sidelines while her friends are out dating. I'm social. I'm friendly. I smile. (Well, most of the time. :rolleyes:) A friend is dating a new guy who asked her out and he seems really great - smart, funny, blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile, the only thing a guy asks me to do is to get out of his way so he can talk to some other chick . . . . :wallbash:

Help me not to be envious of my sista-friend and to be happy for her.
For you Darlin'... :kiss:

"Father in the name of Jesus, I thank you for bringing into 'GG's' life, a healthy male balance. A man to love her, honor her, cherish her all the days of her life and that their days will be long and blessed as one.

Father I thank you that you leave no prayer, nor request undone. For it is your will that neither man nor woman should be alone. Let this be done of you, our Father who art in Heaven and in Earth and in us.

In Jesus's name, we pray, we praise and thank you with all of our hearts.

Amen and Amen... :love3:

Glad to know I'm not the only one who is feeling this way. Hmmm . . . maybe we need to start a challenge to motivate ourselves! :grin::grin::grin:

Well, I've got the confidence, that's never been a problem. Probably got a little to spare if anybody needs some :grin:. I have my list and it has the necessities and uncompromisables. I think sometimes it may be the fact that I'm a homebody but I'm trying to shake it. I think maybe if I had a more active social life, I could meet more guys. Where I work, I get propositioned every day by some old fart and needless to say I definitely don't want some guy twice my age.
I swear if I have to be one more bridesmaid or help with another shower, man I don't know. And to top that off, most of my bff are married with babies and I have neither. Not really ready for the babes, but it would be nice to be able to have a date at their barbeque or something. Whoa is me:perplexed and Glib. Hang in there glib, our time is coming.

"Father in the name of Jesus, I thank you for bringing into 'GG's' life, a healthy male balance. A man to love her, honor her, cherish her all the days of her life and that their days will be long and blessed as one.

Father I thank you that you leave no prayer, nor request undone. For it is your will that neither man nor woman should be alone. Let this be done of you, our Father who art in Heaven and in Earth and in us.

Now that's a "thump" I'll take anyday. Girl I'm at work reciting this right now for myself:grin:

Now that's a "thump" I'll take anyday. Girl I'm at work reciting this right now for myself:grin:
God said, 'Ask and it shall be given...' Who better to ask and who far better to answer our prayers, our desires, our dreams. :yep:

I did...:yep: I asked God for a healthy male balance in my life. Too many women were not healthy and gettin' on my last nerve...:lol: Gee whiz.

So one day in the bathroom, I was brushing my teeth and I asked...a few months later, God answered.

BTW: He's not an old fart either... :lol: Cococutie, I can 'relate' to that all to well. :rolleyes:

God bless you angel. I've just prayed this prayer in my heart for you too. :giveheart:

:amen:

Thank you, Shimmie!

There goes Shimmie making you feel all nice and stuff.:yep:

Then now is DEFINITELY not the time to give up your virginity, because you could end up "giving" it to the WRONG one, and that is the WORST!! You're a really cute girl that looks nice and clean, not like some of these hoodrat, nasty looking skanks walkin up and down the street, so you don't have to settle for Mr. Right Now. Don't give away your diamond for a dollar!!! :pray:

I thought I was the only one that describe people like that.:lachen:

I pray that my opinion is well received, and I thought about this a few times before I posted. I am trying to say this in a very positive way and not to hurt any feelings.
I hope that the energy that you send out is not what you wrote on this thread. "I'm the girl who sits on the sidelines while my friends are dating...The only thing a guy wants from me is to get out of his way..." I'm not really talking about LOA, but just in general if that's how you truly feel about yourself, that's what guys will pick up. Confidence is one of the most attractive features anyone can have. You have to believe you are great and worthy before anyone else will.:yep:

ITA :perplexed

God said, 'Ask and it shall be given...' Who better to ask and who far better to answer our prayers, our desires, our dreams. :yep:

I did...:yep: I asked God for a healthy male balance in my life. Too many women were not healthy and gettin' on my last nerve...:lol: Gee whiz.

So one day in the bathroom, I was brushing my teeth and I asked...a few months later, God answered.

BTW: He's not an old fart either... :lol: Cococutie, I can 'relate' to that all to well. :rolleyes:

God bless you angel. I've just prayed this prayer in my heart for you too. :giveheart:

Thanks shimmie, I've been praying too and I know when HE feels I'm ready, boo'll be here with bells on.

I pray that my opinion is well received, and I thought about this a few times before I posted. I am trying to say this in a very positive way and not to hurt any feelings.
I hope that the energy that you send out is not what you wrote on this thread. "I'm the girl who sits on the sidelines while my friends are dating...The only thing a guy wants from me is to get out of his way..." I'm not really talking about LOA, but just in general if that's how you truly feel about yourself, that's what guys will pick up. Confidence is one of the most attractive features anyone can have. You have to believe you are great and worthy before anyone else will.:yep:

Hey There

I hear what you are saying, DivaStyle. At the same time, though, I find it hard to believe that that is all that is getting in the way of me having a so. I mean, does every woman who is partnered have her self-esteem game on point? Probably not . . .

Why can't I find someone who finds my "aw, shucks" self-mentality cute? :look:

:wave:HEY GLIB!!!!

I will say just keep active in your city. Go out with your friends, enjoy yourself. Go out to resturants, lounges, (if your like me and dont like the club atmosphere but still wanna go chill), do community service, if you attend church, get active there and join the singles ministry.

One mistake I used to make was I would stay in the house all depressed about it. (whose gonna see my gorgeous self in the house?)

I also began to do things to prepare myself for my mate. Take cooking classes, work out, get more into the bible, etc.

Enjoy the time you have by yourself. One of my fav things to do were reading a book in the tub full of bubbles, curl up on the couch and watch my F*R*I*E*N*D*S DVD's, and go out to resturants with my girls for girl talk. Near the end of my single period, I REALLY began to enjoy being by myself. (minus the few lonely nights I would have by then) I wish I had enjoyed it more.

HTH!!

Hey There

I hear what you are saying, DivaStyle. At the same time, though, I find it hard to believe that that is all that is getting in the way of me having a so. I mean, does every woman who is partnered have her self-esteem game on point? Probably not . . .

Why can't I find someone who finds my "aw, shucks" self-mentality cute? :look:

If you do think you are all that and have the world to offer to a man, why should they?

girl i hear u...i meet men, tons and tons, but i dont meet men who are on my level...or who are serious...i either meet that real hood dude who is into college educated women ( not my thing :nono:) or i meet that real square who is too shy to initiate a conversation.....i mean, i carry myself like a true lady, im very goal oriented..im focused and traditional...i dunno, maybe im in the wrong city, whatever it is..i get real sad sometimes because i wish i had that man i invision in my head, but my God only knows, so im not pushing it...that man will find me someday.:yep:

girl i hear u...i meet men, tons and tons, but i dont meet men who are on my level...or who are serious.........i get real sad sometimes because i wish i had that man i invision in my head, ...that man will find me someday.:yep:

Sorry to say...but its good to know I;m not the only one what gets sad, when i think about this topic....I get sad when i think about all the jerks that I've dated either being married or in a relationship (mind u, they're jerks with their SO's as well)......but shoot I'm about to buy a new bed and its gettin cold outside....man somethin gotta give......there's this cute but very quiet guy in my physics class that i want to get at but i already see other chics (black and white) givin him the eye, and I've always dated the guy that all the chics want and it always so drama filled.... so i'm just gonna wait in the wings silently until he says somethin or the semester just ends

I know chics that are straigh ruthless that got dudes lovin the ground they walk on....the kind that always have one foot in the door and the other out the door...never giving 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
Back