I wanna try the baggie method on my 4 yr.olds hair (pic)

miss stress

But she does the crown and glory method with extentions either cornrows or single braids and I was wondering if I put oil on them and a baggy would they slip out. If I cant use oil, wht would u ladies suggest?

If thats a bad idea could u give me some suggestions abt keeping her hair moisturized in her braids cause I just took some down 2 days ago and her hair was bone dry! Its never been like that b4 so I guess I have to do extra during theese harsh German winters. Just for fun heres a pic of her hair b4 I was totally finished taking down her braids. I know yall like pics.

Thanks in advance

edit-sorry the pic is big and kinda blurry but you can still c what were workin' with

DSCF1947.jpg

When I had braids last year Dec-end Jan, I used braid spray and baggied. I used the braid spray as needed, not daily. My hair would be wet in the morning, but not dripping wet. (I didn't care :D). After DC, I would spray then seal my real hair with shea butter. ETA :(I mean seal up to where my real hair ended in the braids).
[Infusium 23 would be good too since it strengthens the hair].
My hair was moisturized when I took down the braids.

What a beautiful child, congratulations to the mum!

Some kind ladies in this forum have suggested baggying without product. I tried it and I love it. Instead of sleeping with a satin cap I sleep with a plastic/shower cap. The heat and sebum which are generated from the scalp create a moisturizing environment and the hair becomes softer without the need of water or product.

If you see it's not enough, you could still spray a mixture of your favourite leave in conditioner + water (maybe spring water, as it's not chlorinated) + oil as well if you prefer so, smoothing the braids with your hands and making sure that the hair is not wet or damp when you add the plastic cap, in order to avoid overmoisturization.

I hope it helps!

great ideas ladies! I just wanted to make sure I wouldnt wake up to extentions being all over her room in the morning after using oil. Thats y I run everything by u guys first!

@afrochic- does the braid spray u use have glycerin? Cause I want to try to lay off that for the winter but it sounds safe for baggying cause of the steam effect right? I've been using juices and berries by oyin but I mixed up some honey suckle rose, tea tree oil, and a lot of water. wich one do u think I should use? and I'll definately pick up some infusium too

Last edited:
I've been in braids (conrows and I'm trying singles this weekend) for a while now, what I've been doing was moisturize with ORS Carrot Oil, or my homemade leave-in with water + conditioner (Yes To Carrots, honey, and other stuff you like.) Then I seal with Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil and baggy by whole head at night, when I wake up my hair is so moisturized. HTH

I think you can use glycerin based products for bagging as long as you seal the hair with oil after removing the baggie so the moisture could be locked in.

Back