Pic Update--My ends with the baggie method!!!!!!

SherryLove, everytime I start hating the buns and baggies I see a pic of you and Addrienne and I remember its all worth it. Your hair looks great!

[ QUOTE ]
YOUR HAIR IS AMAZING!!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif When you use the baggie method what is your total procedure? What oils do you put on your ends? Do you use good old vaseline or oils? How long do you leave the baggie on? Finally do you or anyone else think you could reap similar resutls from a really mostirized and olied up bun? Like wear in for two to three days wash and redo it again? Thanks.... /images/graemlins/wave.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, sweetcheri...

after i take my hair out of a rollerset, i part it in two sections down the middle. i proceed to generously oil the last three inches of my hair with castor/olive oil. i then two-strand twist my hair and cover my ends with small sandwich baggies and secure them with rubberbands. i then pin the baggied ends up with two large hair pins. i keep this in for two weeks at a time... i wear my headwraps on a daily basis. my ends do not do well in a bun...

hth

Your hair looks GREAT as usual Sherry. Looks like you got back the inches you cut off. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Beautiful as always, Idol-mine! I still believe you throw some Miracle Gro into the mix somewhere. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

go for it,,, simplycee.

nonie---no miracle grow formula for sherrylove....LOL

ladies---thanks again for the compliments....

Very nice ends!

Thank you for showing your method. I will have to modify it for my hair somehow. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey ladies..... /images/graemlins/wave.gif /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I last trimmed my ends in june of this year...and usually i would need to get a slight trim by now, but my ends are holding up much better now that i am using the baggie method. I just wanted to share with you how my ends are faring well with the baggie method....I just added a pic to my hair pic album....I hope this can be an inspiration to those who want to preserve their ends. Excuse my super oily tresses. i was getting ready to do a hot oil treatment, and that was the only time my mom could snap a pic.....lol.... i will be posting some better pics in about two weeks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, those ends look awesome!

Great looking hair as always /images/graemlins/clap.gif. Seeing hair like yours gives me motivation to try the baggie method.

sherrylove, once again, i'm glad this is working for you! i never considered headwraps, but hmm... thanks for that link! your hair does grow really fast. i agree with everyone that said you've recovered all the inches that you cut. well done! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

caramelhonee, you don't have to use phonytails. i still do the baggie trick without them. i recently created an album in my picture trail of how i do it.

kitchen_tician, i've always used Vaseline with this method. i use curl activator for moisture and Vaseline to seal it in.

[ QUOTE ]
Your ends look great, your hair is just beautiful period!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree! Keep up the great work Sherrylove!

thanks, KT...

it may... but i would definitely use one of the carrier oils (such as olive, castor, or coconut)that are known for penetrating the hair shaft.....as opposed to just sitting on the hair....

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!! First time I've seen your pix. Question... do you use the oils you mentioned in liquid form or pomade (i.e. olive oil)?

Thanks,
SG

You hair (as always) is pretty. The baggie method has really worked for your ends. They look healthy.

Sherry, your hair looks great /images/graemlins/up.gif - and you and your family are adorable /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
thanks, KT...

it may... but i would definitely use one of the carrier oils (such as olive, castor, or coconut)that are known for penetrating the hair shaft.....as opposed to just sitting on the hair....

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!! First time I've seen your pix. Question... do you use the oils you mentioned in liquid form or pomade (i.e. olive oil)?

Thanks,
SG

[/ QUOTE ]

One more round of thanks to all of you ladies...... /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

SG - I definitely use them in the oil/liquid form........

Back