I think I'm addicted to Washing my hair...

yesiam

I think I\'m addicted to Washing my hair...

I stay in thr shower for atleast 45 miutes almost an hour..Just shampooing and finger combing, and massaging my scalp and hair...
I love the water...
I must have been a mermaid in another life...
I know African Americans shouldn't wash away their natural oils by washing their hair everyday but it seems as thoug I find myself doing this atleast 4 times a week... I love clean,shiny ,hair... Can anyone relate to this?
My sister just gave me a ceramic flat iron that worked VERY well on my hair...I only flat iron it for pics.. Mainly I wear my hair in a bun, or braids...
I was thinking of posting pics but I was too lazy to do it (haha)....
I'll be posting soon though..

Oh and a special hello to my sissy : BLACKLOTTUS
and clasmate: Peachtree

Re: I think I\'m addicted to Washing my hair...

I can relate 100%!! I have washed my hair daily since June 11th. I think I'm addicted because it's what I think about when I wake up, at work, on my way home from work, and when I go to bed! I think the thing about "washing at your natural oils" is bogus because for the first time in my life, I have healthy, thriving and moisturized hair, quite the contrary!

LOL @ your signature!
laugh.gif

I've been washing every 4 days since the past month. I enjoy it, however I would like to wash more often. I fear though that I will wash too much. Also, I'm natural so I don't want to use the flat iron too much. It's the only way I can look human though.
nuts.gif

"It's the only way I can look human though."
nuts.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I think I am, too!!

If I'm not washing it, then I'm thinking about washing it; and planning what I will do with it the next time I wash it, etc. etc.
nuts.gif

I think I need rehab....

Maybe we can get a W.A.S.H Annonymous (sp.?) club going.
Women Always Spraying Hair!

*sign me up*
trampoline.gif

I'm not a daily washer, but I put water in my hair just about everyday.
sekret.gif

I love washing mine too. If my I hair is used to being washed at least twice a week. I can tell a big difference when I don't.

I wish I could wash/rinse my hair every day but I have 4a/b that's short -- just chin length so I can't air dry in a bun like you guys.

I think we should keep up the frequent washes..It keeps our hair healthy, soft and growing!!!

I know exactly what you mean about it being addictive, especially when you want to try new shampoos and conditioners. I've been washing my hair practically every night lately because I've been trying so many different products and I don't want to mix them in my hair. I want to get the full effect of each product. When I find the *perfect* products for my hair hopefully I won't continue washing it as much. I think that my hair was a lot healthier when used to wash it once to twice a week.

[ QUOTE ]
I think I am, too!!

If I'm not washing it, then I'm thinking about washing it; and planning what I will do with it the next time I wash it, etc. etc.
nuts.gif

I think I need rehab....

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I don't know what I'm going to do when winter comes. It gets very cold here.

I love having the water hit my scalp everyday. My hair doesn't look right if I don't do a conditioner wash. I love the constant moisture. Also with it being so hot in Houston, it makes my head feel cool

[ QUOTE ]
I love washing my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I.
smile.gif

I luv how the water feels on my hair too and I do this evry three days just wet my hair

I loike the washing part but I dread (no pun intended) the styling part afterwards. Im looking foraward to perfecting the airdrying thing once my hair is long enough to make a decent ponytail.

Hey Yesiam
wave.gif

Howz it goin' sweetie
cool.gif

Girl, Yes, I am totally addicted
smile.gif
. My new growth absolutely loves
love.gif
CO rinses, moisturizing poos, etc. In fact, I'm not a daily rinser, but I've washed or rinsed 4x in 6 days
shocked.gif
.... that's waaaay out of the norm for me....
and it gets worst.... i'm sitting here thinking about rinsing again before bed tonight.... I KNOW THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM
nuts.gif
laugh.gif
!!!!

I love the water too. I could stand there forever and let the water run over my head, though you've got me beat on the 45 min. in the shower.
laugh.gif

I think I'm becoming addicted too! Especially since I tried that V-05 Strawberries and Cream conditioner yesterday! I wanna do a conditioner wash soooo bad! I'm gonna do one tomorrow. I normally wash once, sometimes twice a week, but now I think I'll at least start doing conditioner washes about 4 times a week and shampoo once a week.

i rinse almost twice EVERY DAY =(. I love how the water feels on my hair , the problem is when i dont rinse it .. how will my hair feel ? I dont think i want to know

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe we can get a W.A.S.H Annonymous (sp.?) club going.
Women Always Spraying Hair!

[/ QUOTE ]
sekret.gif
hello everyone. my name is ineedmoney. but i think it should be ineedwater. my mommy
naughty.gif
taught me to stay away from it. she said it would dry out my hair
antlers.gif
. but . . . i can't
bath2.gif
. i'm sorry you guys. i wet my hair everyday. and . . . i don't know how to stop. help me please
drowning.gif

drunk.gif
laugh.gif
drunk.gif
laugh.gif
drunk.gif
laugh.gif
drunk.gif

if i didn't conditoner wash everyday i couldn't comb my type 4 hair. my condtioner lossen ups the curls.

I love washing my hair because it always feels shiney and soft after it dries. Plus since I stepped up the shampooing my hair has really grown...my scalp no longer flakes or needs to be oiled...

Back