I met my ex's new girlfriend last night...

jwhitley6

I don't really know why I'm posting this. I guess because I didn't feel the way I thought I'd feel about meeting her.

I never run into him around town (except when I saw him walking his dog in my neighbohood last month...just learned he moved into the condos across the street from me, but that's another story), but last night we were at the same New Year's Eve party. :perplexed I'm not sure she knew who I was until I shook her hand and she asked me my name. I didn't feel nervous at all and in fact she seemed sweet and I kinda felt sorry for her (I don't know why). She is a cute girl (not as hot as me, but attractive) and my ex looked like he was about to pee his pants.:lachen: I was fine...no jealousy, no nothin'. Is that normal??

How did you ladies feel meeting the new chick??

Well, if you're over him - this would be the reaction. I think people get upset when they aren't over the person, and are holding on to the past. I say Good job! I know that must have been awkward, and you really don't know ho you'll react until faced with the situation. Happy New Year to you!:woot:

Sounds normal to me. You're done with the relationship and have moved on. And I'm sure you know you're the HOTNESS! So no need to freak out over what you no longer want.

Well, if you're over him - this would be the reaction. I think people get upset when they aren't over the person, and are holding on to the past. I say Good job! I know that must have been awkward, and you really don't know ho you'll react until faced with the situation. Happy New Year to you!:woot:

It was akward, because my ex makes things akward by acting all nervous around me. We've never had our closure conversation and I think he feels bad about it. Our relationship ended suddenly after the disclosure of his infidelity and he's apologized but never really explained what happened, but told me he'd talk to me about it once he's had a chance to process his behavior, blah, blah, blah. Over two years later and not a peep about it.

I guess I'm over him, but sometimes I still want to be angry with him and hurt. I feel like I deserve to still be able to play victim...That probably makes no sense. :spinning::lachen:

Happy New Year!

It was akward, because my ex makes things akward by acting all nervous around me. We've never had our closure conversation and I think he feels bad about it. Our relationship ended suddenly after the disclosure of his infidelity and he's apologized but never really explained what happened, but told me he'd talk to me about it once he's had a chance to process his behavior, blah, blah, blah. Over two years later and not a peep about it.

I guess I'm over him, but sometimes I still want to be angry with him and hurt. I feel like I deserve to still be able to play victim...That probably makes no sense. :spinning::lachen:

Happy New Year!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

He had that look on his face because he didn't want you to tell her that he's a cheater.

Happy New Year!

No girl, I understand. Been there and done that!

Happy New Year!

He is so not worth it. If he feels bad about not having closure with you, then he should man up and talk to you - instead of acting all nervous and weird. That he can't do that speaks volumes about him. And he's acting nervous while watching you talking with his girlfriend?? Seems like he's playing the victim.

He is so not worth it. If he feels bad about not having closure with you, then he should man up and talk to you - instead of acting all nervous and weird. That he can't do that speaks volumes about him. And he's acting nervous while watching you talking with his girlfriend?? Seems like he's playing the victim.

Word. :yep: Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

You sound emotionally mature to me. Somehow many people think drama and hurt feelings, even hatred, are necessary where exes and their partners are concerned. Sometimes it's really possible to just move on and not give a dang.

I don't really know why I'm posting this. I guess because I didn't feel the way I thought I'd feel about meeting her.

I never run into him around town (except when I saw him walking his dog in my neighbohood last month...just learned he moved into the condos across the street from me, but that's another story), but last night we were at the same New Year's Eve party. :perplexed I'm not sure she knew who I was until I shook her hand and she asked me my name. I didn't feel nervous at all and in fact she seemed sweet and I kinda felt sorry for her (I don't know why). She is a cute girl (not as hot as me, but attractive) and my ex looked like he was about to pee his pants.:lachen: I was fine...no jealousy, no nothin'. Is that normal??

How did you ladies feel meeting the new chick??

:lachen::lachen: at the bolded!! If you must say so yourself :grin:

I agree with this means you are well over him and yes, he looked like he was gonna pee his pants cause he was afraid you were gonna tell new lady that he was a cheater and....he never had that talk with you cause what could he say to justify his behavior?

You sound emotionally mature to me. Somehow many people think drama and hurt feelings, even hatred, are necessary where exes and their partners are concerned. Sometimes it's really possible to just move on and not give a dang.

Exactly! I think its easier when you have moved on and could care less about the ex. When you haven't thats when the drama starts and happens.

Back