I love you!!!!

naturallygoldie

LHHAtl Bambi & Scrappy got me thinking. They haven't been in a relationship all that long but she loves him... :ohwell:

In another thread about them, someone said 3 months was too soon for all of that but I see and have experienced differently.

How soon into the relationship did your partner tell you that they love and were in love with you?

How long into the relationship did you say it?

Who said it first?

On average, the person I was seeing says it first usually within 2 - 6 weeks into the relationship and I say it a little while after.

It took 2 months for him to tell me that he was in love with me. I think he said "I love you" his first day at work. I trained him and I bought breakfast. I had no idea we would eventually become best friends, lovers, etc. Now im happily married to him and we have a bunch of babies :lol:

I knew right away that he was someone special and knew I loved him after a couple months. I didn't say it until 4 months. I said it first and he said it right back. He was waiting for me to cave in and say it! We've been together over a year now and have spoken about marriage. :grin:

My hubbie told me he loved me after dating for about 3 months. I told him I loved him about three months after that. He was my first real boyfriend so I wanted to be sure it wasn't infatuation. 17 years later we are still together.

Last edited:
I think a little less than two months. He first started by saying he had feelings for me, then later on we got in a fight and he accidentally said it (I hate to hurt someone I love). I was like wait...what?! Lol. Took me a week or so to say it back.

Between two and three months. We used to have cute little arguments about which one of us said it first. He basically said it first but I said the actual phrase first then he said it too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

He said it like a month into dating. He said he thought of me like family, and how I make him feel like a man, and that he loved me, yada yada.

Took me much longer.

I gotta keep coming in here (and re-read all of ur responses) after reading about the sandwich lady in OT!!!!

My current SO, said it after 2 weeks :blush: we were joking around and the love word came up. I told him he don't know nada about love. He stopped laughing..with a dead serious face he said "Goldie, u know I'm madly in love with u" :spinning:

I'm extra grateful for him after reading that thread in OT. He goes above and beyond to make me feel like a princess :heart2:

To be honest, I knew I loved my husband from the first day I met him. We were INSTANT friends and I knew he was special. I didn't tell him I loved him until he told me about 3 months BEFORE we started dating.

He came to my job one day and had lunch with me and proceeded to tell me that he loved me and I was like "OH my God...me too!" Like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

I said it first. I am not one to hide my feelings. I think it was in the first 2-3 months. He would say things like good morning love or have a good day love. I finally said you keep throwing that word around and I am gonna believe you mean somethingelse. His response was........Have a good day love. He was such a butthead....cute butthead.

Back