I had to stop my transition -- so i could CHOP!!!

jainygirl

Hey everyone /images/graemlins/grin.gif thanks for all the advice and stuff. I was playing with my hair this morning trying to practice twists and cornrows and stuff for when i went natural but ya know what happened..... i was like forget practice i wanna be natural NOW /images/graemlins/rofl.gif -- gotta love us Aries women. So my transition lasted a total of 11 weeks.

I told my husband that i was gonna chop and that i may have bald patches because of the effects of the ringworm and he was like, "so what, i didnt marry your hair -- i dont care if you end up totally bald." -- I know ...my hubby is tha bomb!! /images/graemlins/kiss2.gif. Soooo i started the first cut and i didnt stop until it was all gone. Then i shampooed with my Loprox (prescription) then some Aubrey Organics Island Butter Shampoo. I towel dried and sprayed some Sof N Sheen in my hair and VOILA!! I"m officially 100% natural /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif It was easy as 1, 2, 3.

I'll add more pics to my album later today. I already did my new avatar. (((Thanks Everyone))) /images/graemlins/kiss.gif -- jainygirl

64.gif

WOW!!!! You are very courageous. Your hair looks great though. I am sure you will have fun growing your "new" hair.

Congrats!!

OMG...your hubby is better than me...I wanna /images/graemlins/spank.gif. J/K--congratulations /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif!! That takes guts /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I also can't see your avatar, though.

Wow Jainy so you went ahead and did it?! So happy for you! Congrats on a great chop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll be sure to check back in and take a peek @ your album later this evening. /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

Don't feel left out deeda...I can't see the avatar either . /images/graemlins/look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
Wow! Congratulations!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pebbles took the words right out of my mouth, WOW. It takes some sheer courage to just make a split decision like that. I am so happy for you. You gotta admire a woman who know what she wants and goes after it without a second thought /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

*gasping at the avatar*

Jainygirl, you chopped already! I thought you might still be deliberating. Now I have to review your old posts to see what led up to this.

Yesterday I was considering how my face would look with 0.5" of hair. I was frustrated with it after 4 hours styling.

Jainy congrats /images/graemlins/clap.gif your BC looks like mine, I can't wait for the new pics! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

JAINY!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif You have been the only one on this board that has completely shocked me to the point were I just stared at my computer screen for about 5 minutes with my jaw on the floor (with my boss standing right near me knowing I’m not supposed to be on the internet). I read the first sentence, looked at your avatar and then I almost pass out!!

It looks GREAT!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif And it fits your face perfectly!! WHOA! They say aries are courageous! I guess they ain’t neva lied.

I am with Foxy...after I picked my mouth up I looked at your AVI...you look ADORABLE!! It fits you perfectly!! Way to go!! You look great!

Your haircut looks really good on you. You spared yourself the torture of dealing w/ two textures. Congrats.

[ QUOTE ]
foxybronx said:
JAINY!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif You have been the only one on this board that has completely shocked me to the point were I just stared at my computer screen for about 5 minutes with my jaw on the floor (with my boss standing right near me knowing I’m not supposed to be on the internet). I read the first sentence, looked at your avatar and then I almost pass out!!

It looks GREAT!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif And it fits your face perfectly!! WHOA! They say aries are courageous! I guess they ain’t neva lied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, I was like wait, this is Jainy???? My brain could not compute /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. Go on witcha bad self!! You are going to have fun growing out your fabulous fro!!! You are going to enjoy the ease of styling at this stage, when I did the BC several years ago, I remember being so relieved not having to spend an hour doing my hair every morning /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can't get over this I am almost as excited as you are. I am your number one online natural hair fan. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I saw this title and was like... I know this ain't Jainey but let me click anyway. I am so in shock right now. OMG, I am shock.

Go girl. Are you going to donate all that hair to Locks of LUV, they would really appreciate it.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back