I had to stop my transition -- so i could CHOP!!!

WOW-ZA!!!! Your hair looks great! /images/graemlins/grin.gif You are sooooooo brave. You are a hair warrior!!! Your husband is just as amazing as you are. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

{in my Lifetime moment voice} Jainygirl, I just want you to know that you are still my hair buddy, no matter how much hair you have. I will always cherish everything we've shared. I know that your hair journey may be a little different from mine, but I love you and your tresses!!! We must have a proper burial for the lovely tresses that are no longer with us. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Oh yeah, I can't wait to read your post after you go to work this weekend. That's gonna' be good! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

CONGRATS girl..I'm glad you love it!! I'm an Aries too..I had a BC on Tuesday...unexpectedly.. but I hate mine..lol I'm so glad that you love yours though.. /images/graemlins/clap.gif when is your bday?? Mine is April 10th..

You look so elegant.

I chopped my huge afro off around October last year. Well, my husband shaved it all off for me. I had about 1/16-inch of hair on my head. A year later, I have about 6.5 inches. He said he would never cut my hair for me again. LOL.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif You ARE brave! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Congrats on coming to a decision so quickly.
Enjoy your natural hair!
23_1_140.gif

Thanks everyone, i've been in the mirror even more than usual this morning. My husband is like...."hey, wait a minute i thought your mirror time would decrease." /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Yeah, my main goals were to keep my natural hair healthy during transitioning and to treat my scalp. After a week of that i realized that all my hair was doing was getting in the way sooooo i decided to get rid of the middle man(relaxed ends) and close the deal on my own -- snip, snip /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think what helped me to chop quickly is that I was tired of the relaxer and figured that i'm gonna be natural eventually ANYWAY so why not speed up the process. This is so cool y'all. Snipping away was the most liberating thing i think i've done. After i made the first cut i ran into the bedroom and gave my hubby a manical laugh /images/graemlins/spinning.gif then ran back to the mirror and finished chopping. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Very nice you look great! Exactly how much did you cut off?

I did the BC before (but I had no choice) once you get used to it you will really love it. It's very freeing and you finally get to see your real hair texture.

I know I posted already, but I just wanted to let you know how good it looks. /images/graemlins/clap.gif Your head is shaped really nicely also. /images/graemlins/smile.gif At first I thought you had a little tail hanging in the back, but that was just the picture I think.

Oh yeah, you can still use grease, right? /images/graemlins/look.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

*big gulp* You are one brave chickie! Congrats on your naturalness!!!! I'm so happy for you. I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your product likes and dislikes, etc. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I'm SPEECHLESS! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Good for you! /images/graemlins/clap.gif I wish you success on your new journey to natural.

You cut it all off...good for you...sounds familiar /images/graemlins/wink.gif
It'll be easier in the long run /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Girl Let me Find out that you did an Ayeshia move....lol. I chooped sporadically too. You are too corageuous Jainy!!!!! And you look great /images/graemlins/clap.gif/images/graemlins/dance7.gif Im too excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow it looks great on you too!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy it while its lasts cuz in a few months that twa will be gone /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wow Jainy!

You are so brave. /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif I would never have had the nerve to do it all at once like that. It looks good on you. Can't wait to follow you through your natural journey. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Whatever floats your boat jainy! You look good with long relaxed hair, and you have the perfect head/neck to carry off a twa with flair!

Wow Jainy it looks great. I can see the big ole' cheese from your side profile! You'll LOVE washday, it's so fast!

Jainy, I was so shocked when I saw your avatar over in the OT board that I rushed to the Hair board to find out the scoop!

WOW!!!!!! You look great! Congrats on your bold move to cut it all off. Can't wait to see more pics. /images/graemlins/up.gif

O-M-G!! WOW, your hair looks GREAT! I admire your courage...that is what I'd call a BIG CHOP! Congrats! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Wow! This is a shocker./images/graemlins/shocked.gif You have more courage than I do. Congrats on the bc! *going to check out pics now*

ETA: Oops no new pics yet. You chopped off a lot of hair Jainygirl! Wow is all I can say.

Wow your are something else! Congrats...it looks good short...and in a few months you will have a headfull of thick natural hair.

<font color="green">Congratulations!</font> /images/graemlins/clap.gif
You are making me miss my TWA...

Congratulations! The hair cut looks great on you. And you knew what you wanted and went for it. What a life lesson.

Daaaaammmmmnnn! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I didn't have the courage or a supportive environment to do the big chop. Congratulations to you for having both! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Who? Huh? Whaaaa? /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

Now that I have recovered--Congratulations you ballsy chick, you! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Give us some warning if you do something like this again! /images/graemlins/spank.gif My heart is beating fast. You would think it was MY hair! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Back