I had to stop my transition -- so i could CHOP!!!

Thanks everyone, i have to say, that i'm loving the twa /images/graemlins/grin.gif My son was like "mommy, you cut your hair--it's pretty. Did you go to Mr Rob??" --that's my son's barber /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif He asked, "are you gonna have a ponytail tomorrow?" and i told him that it's all gone and asked if he wanted to see it-- so i showed it too him and he was like "Bye hair" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif -- jainygirl

Your hair looks fantastic! I had no idea you were transitioning! I really need to start reading more, I am so behind. Anywhoo, you look fab! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
Thanks everyone, i have to say, that i'm loving the twa /images/graemlins/grin.gif My son was like "mommy, you cut your hair--it's pretty. Did you go to Mr Rob??" --that's my son's barber /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif He asked, "are you gonna have a ponytail tomorrow?" and i told him that it's all gone and asked if he wanted to see it-- so i showed it too him and he was like "Bye hair" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif -- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Your son and husband are equally supportive... how sweet. Your TWA looks FABULOUS and I can't wait to see more pics!!! Congratulations /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I'm in shock right now! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
It looks so pretty - you'll never regret this! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congratulations Jainygirl. That was a bold move after having that long hair for so long. I'm sure you'll love your natural hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I can't see your avatar, but YOU ROCK!!!! And so does your husband! Congrats! I am sure it looks very, very cute! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dang Jainy, you are one brave chick. I almost fell outa my seat when I read your post, but then after looking at your avatar: You look great girl! Congratulations on going natural. /images/graemlins/tongue.gifarty:

WOW!!!! You literally took my breath away, Jainy! /images/graemlins/spank.gif

Congratulations on the BC! /images/graemlins/clap.gif You're more brave than this Aries woman! Enjoy the natural journey! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

See, I miss all the good stuff while in class! I seriously thought this post was a joke until I saw your avatar /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Jainy you ain't no joke! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif.......If this is any indication of how you approach life you will be rich one day! I admire you for this you got me in the mirror sizing up my new growth /images/graemlins/look.gif. And it really does look great on you /images/graemlins/wink.gif it brings out the features in your face.

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
WOW-ZA!!!! Your hair looks great! /images/graemlins/grin.gif You are sooooooo brave. You are a hair warrior!!! Your husband is just as amazing as you are. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

{ in my Lifetime moment voice} Jainygirl, I just want you to know that you are still my hair buddy, no matter how much hair you have. I will always cherish everything we've shared. I know that your hair journey may be a little different from mine, but I love you and your tresses!!! We must have a proper burial for the lovely tresses that are no longer with us. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif Oh yeah, I can't wait to read your post after you go to work this weekend. That's gonna' be good! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There can be ONLY 1 Kitchen_tician /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif you are too much -- Thanks girl /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

You know it!! work is gonna be a trip-- i can see it now. "guhl, where yo hair at?????" /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

11385878-S.gif

Woo hoo! I never expected you to chop so soon... HIGH FIVE!
I can totally relate about your reasoning though, I was the same way.
Lucky you, you have a perfectly shaped head & face for a twa. I'll bet your big doe eyes look even bigger now.
CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy your beautiful natural hair.
11385879-S.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
CONGRATS girl..I'm glad you love it!! I'm an Aries too..I had a BC on Tuesday...unexpectedly.. but I hate mine..lol I'm so glad that you love yours though.. /images/graemlins/clap.gif when is your bday?? Mine is April 10th..

[/ QUOTE ]

My bday is April 19th -- go Aries!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif I know you look great with your twa. You may just need to adjust to the new length for a sec. I've had short hair before so it wasnt a shock, and the hair....oh the HAIR I love it. It's the little things that i notice. Like i jumped in the shower and didnt worry about the steam or putting anything on my head to keep any water from getting on it. It is way too much freedom all at once..i swear they should give you a pamphlet with a warning that you will be overcome by giddiness soon after chopping /images/graemlins/rofl.gif -- jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
..oh the HAIR I love it. It's the little things that i notice. Like i jumped in the shower and didnt worry about the steam or putting anything on my head to keep any water from getting on it. It is way too much freedom all at once..i swear they should give you a pamphlet with a warning that you will be overcome by giddiness soon after chopping /images/graemlins/rofl.gif -- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yessss, those first few showers after the BC... I remember it too. Makes me want to CHOP all over again. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jetcitygirl said:
11385878-S.gif

Woo hoo! I never expected you to chop so soon... HIGH FIVE!
I can totally relate about your reasoning though, I was the same way.
Lucky you, you have a perfectly shaped head & face for a twa. I'll bet your big doe eyes look even bigger now.
CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy your beautiful natural hair.
11385879-S.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks JetCityGirl /images/graemlins/kiss.gif You are so sweet. When i woke up this morning BC was nowhere on my mind but after i got it in my head i was like, "well jainy..ya knowwww you are gonna be natural eventually anyway...." /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:

My bday is April 19th -- go Aries!! /images/graemlins/weird.gif I know you look great with your twa. You may just need to adjust to the new length for a sec. I've had short hair before so it wasnt a shock, and the hair....oh the HAIR I love it. It's the little things that i notice. Like i jumped in the shower and didnt worry about the steam or putting anything on my head to keep any water from getting on it. It is way too much freedom all at once..i swear they should give you a pamphlet with a warning that you will be overcome by giddiness soon after chopping /images/graemlins/rofl.gif -- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl just wait until it rains and you don't have to run for cover. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Kha said:
O-M-G!! WOW, your hair looks GREAT! I admire your courage...that is what I'd call a BIG CHOP! Congrats! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my first reaction /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Fabu baby, Fabu!

congratulations!

i did the same thing a little over 2 yrs ago. as u said, it is the most liberating thing!

HAPPY NATURAL HAIR GROWING!

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
RushGirl said:
CONGRATS girl..I'm glad you love it!! I'm an Aries too..I had a BC on Tuesday...unexpectedly.. but I hate mine..lol I'm so glad that you love yours though.. /images/graemlins/clap.gif when is your bday?? Mine is April 10th..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm April 18th over here! Bowing down /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif ...to the strong Aries...Queen of Natural (you look very regal...something about your neck...really pulls this off)...Jainy...

You've got some great family support behind you. It's a beautiful thing. And Kitchen almost had me in tears imagining her Lifetime voice...that's a friend right there bwoyyyyyyyy....

Congratulations on your new journey.

I've just added new twa pics to my album :. I used my webcam so they arent totally clear but i just had to take some /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif. I'll be creating a new album soon /images/graemlins/wink.gif -- jainygirl

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I literally gasped at the sight of your hair! You are so brave...I haven't even read your post yet, but I caught a glimpse of your avatar. I'm speechless...

Back