I had to stop my transition -- so i could CHOP!!!

Jainygirl, I am /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I also didn't realize that u were transitioning.... Girlfriend, u are soooo courageous! Your relaxed hair was pretty.. but ur natural hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Wow, I'm soooo excited for u! Have fun getting to know ur hair!
/images/graemlins/dance7.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif /images/graemlins/bdance.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Thanks everyone (((hugs))) I'm telling ya, i think they call it going "natural" because when you do it that's exactly how it feels --totally natural. You ladies and the ladies at NP are the best i swear. Each board has their specialty and i need y'all BOTH. I plan on keeping HEALTHY natural hair not just natural hair and i need all of the tips I find on both boards to accomplish that /images/graemlins/smile.gif. You all have been tremendous in all the knowledge i've been able to pick up about all kinds of hair. So now that i'm chopped i dont feel lost at all as far as what to do. And if i have questions i can ask you all /images/graemlins/kiss.gif Thanks -- jainygirl

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I spend ONE day away from the board and I come back to news that just about made me faint! Jainy you look stunning- the TWA is just breathtaking. I hope you enjoy every moment of it the TWA is something so liberating and freeing I still miss that feeling and think of returning to it (plus the drastic reduction in time it takes to get ready). Someone once told me that the TWA is also "going natural" because it finally lets your natural beauty shine without anything covering it or taking away from it. Congrats! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

ok I'm late but ..

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS JAINY! YOU LOOK GREAT!

/images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I just got back home from taking my sister grocery shopping. I didnt even get a chance to marinate in peace with my twa. My poor twa is getting totally de-virginized tonight /images/graemlins/laugh.gif My sister was like, "you really cut it ALL." I think she must see how much i like it because when i dropped her off she said, "you have thick hair, it's gonna grow in really nice." /images/graemlins/grin.gif I called my mom and told her too and she's the "ooohh jainy never cut your hair" queen. She was like, "oh, you already cut it?? Well i know it matches ya." what else could she say /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I'm being so devious tonight and i'm loving it /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif -- jainygirl

Congratulations Jainy. Doesn’t it feel great!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I BC 2 weeks ago and I am loving it. Being an Ariean I did exactly like you did, just woke up and decide I was not transitioning for another day! I went to the salon, got it cut, shampooed etc and styled in comb coils. I had not told my SO of my decision beforehand so when he came to get me from the salon I was praying that he liked it. He LOVED it.

You do look great with your TWA. I was shocked last nite when I read this, but it defintely goes with your face..... now you have me thinking/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif, I have 3 inches of new growth but I'm not as brave as you are....plus it's cold up here .....

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
do u miss all that long hair!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. Now that i have my twa i'm like "dang girl, how did you manage all that hair??" /images/graemlins/rofl.gif this low maintenance is really gonna spoil me for when it starts to grow out /images/graemlins/laugh.gif -- jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
Chyna Red said:
Congrats!! your look good. I can't believe you cut it yourself and it looks that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Chyna and Chanou /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chanou, You know you wanna do it snip,snip /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Chyna, I made sure to cut into the newgrowth so that i would be sure to get rid of all the relaxed ends. Then i went over it after i shampooed and snipped more of the relaxed ends off. The relaxed ends really stand out after shampooing /images/graemlins/smile.gif I just knew when i decided to transition that i would want to do my own chop...i'm STILL scared of the Scissor Happy Stylists /images/graemlins/laugh.gif -- jainygirl

Holy Ish Batman!!!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif You are a brave, brave woman!! Congrats and best wishes on your natural hair journey /images/graemlins/kiss.gif.

I'm happy for you. I admire the support from your husband. You are blessed to have that kind of support. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Jumpin Jehosaphat. Jainygirl, o.k., your new motto is "Just Do It". That fits you better than it does Nike.

You look great. Enjoy the TWA.

Back