I had a REALLY good night with him, but he still hasn't called (long/lots of details)

Re: I had a REALLY good night with him, but he still hasn't called (long/lots of deta

Caleb didn't manage to start the convo up again, you did. Stop chasing this guy.

I really don't like this texting stuff (not necessarily aimed at you, OP). I just feel like it allows for minimal effort as far as communication in concerned. Just seems like if we are texting back and forth, what is the guy's motivation to pick up the phone and call me?

Re: I had a REALLY good night with him, but he still hasn't called (long/lots of deta

You contacted him first again, and he wants to invite you over. He knows that you're interested in him and may be open to other things... at his place. Please write this guy off. He invited you over to his place, not out on a date where things are nice and safe.

I agree...if he was interested in "more," he would have let it be known by then, not wait for you to engage him in conversation. Sure, it seems as if he wanted to talk since he kept texting back, but him responding isn't showing interest. It's showing that he's still open to having you over for some nookie!

Let us know how things go with the other guy! OR if Caleb even texts you back...without you doing first contact! Have fun!!
~*Janelle~*

I really don't like this texting stuff (not necessarily aimed at you, OP). I just feel like it allows for minimal effort as far as communication in concerned. Just seems like if we are texting back and forth, what is the guy's motivation to pick up the phone and call me?

A lot if a guy actually wants to start something real with you. His actions seem to indicate that he doesn't want a relationship, at least not with you. My advice is to move on and find a guy that wants what you want.

If he really wants you, he will call you.

Thanks ladies for your advice and tough love. I needed it. I shouldn't be interested in Caleb anywaysbecause he doesn't even meet any of my criteria... except his good looks and charm. I hate how I let very attractive men get away with things.

But I did go to dinner with the other guy. I really enjoyed it. Had his arm around me most of the night, occasionally touchy--but not excessive like Caleb. & no, we didn't kiss. But he texted me immediately afterwards saying how much he enjoys my company.

...I need to start reading The Rules book pronto! lol

The minute you and this other guy get serious Caleb or some other no-good guy will start calling. Be prepared and don't fall for it. Focus on nice guys who act like gentlemen.

I've been there letting the good looking men get away with crap. Stay strong. They're not worth losing a good guy over.

I've been there letting the good looking men get away with crap. Stay strong. They're not worth losing a good guy over.

Me too. I met a guy who was 6'2, broad shoulders, no kids, was working on his masters and I didnt know how to act...He played so many games. I couldn't even see he just wasnt into me cause I was too focused on him and his accomplisments:rolleyes:

Me too. I met a guy who was 6'2, broad shoulders, no kids, was working on his masters and I didnt know how to act...He played so many games. I couldn't even see he just wasnt into me cause I was too focused on him and his accomplisments:rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Move on. The ladies are correct he is not into you. If you ever run into him again. Just nod and KIM. Do not engage in any conversation. Sometimes as women we have to learn to give these men boundaries. Sometime a date is just date, two people testing the waters. We as women sometimes see more than there really is.

Focus on the ones who are attracted to us and show genuine interest. Good luck.

^^^ I know not directed at me. KIM is Keep It Moving.

Thanks ladies for your advice and tough love. I needed it. I shouldn't be interested in Caleb anywaysbecause he doesn't even meet any of my criteria... except his good looks and charm. I hate how I let very attractive men get away with things.

But I did go to dinner with the other guy. I really enjoyed it. Had his arm around me most of the night, occasionally touchy--but not excessive like Caleb. & no, we didn't kiss. But he texted me immediately afterwards saying how much he enjoys my company.

...I need to start reading The Rules book pronto! lol

I am glad you had a great dinner date :) Hopefully more will come if that's what you want.

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

No girl, you're not. I just dont want women to make the same mistake I did so in situations like this I always say KIM.

So I just received a text from Caleb. I had to look at name on the text message twice because I couldn't believe my eyes... :lachen:

So I just received a text from Caleb. I had to look at name on the text message twice because I couldn't believe my eyes... :lachen:

What did he want? Maybe he has a girlfriend you dont' know of...

It's not a phone call though!

Texts are like, whatever. They mean nothing to me really.

What did he want? Maybe he has a girlfriend you dont' know of...

Well I'm still texting him... Just purposely taking a while to respond :grin: He asked me how I'm doing... and then asked what I'm doing at the moment... I'll keep you updated.

It's not a phone call though!

Texts are like, whatever. They mean nothing to me really.

I'm a huge texter... as you may have already noticed. lol. I actually prefer texting than talking on the phone. But I totally see where you're coming from. The guy I went out with last weekend texted me loads but also called me twice.

I'm a huge texter... as you may have already noticed. lol. I actually prefer texting than talking on the phone. But I totally see where you're coming from. The guy I went out with last weekend texted me loads but also called me twice.

You know, I'm not actually a big phone person either, believe it or not, but it's something that SHOULD be done by a man at certain points if he's truly interested.

There was a time before text messaging existed, and people were actually forced to talk to each other. Not surprisingly, there was a lot less confusion that way in where people stood or not. If someone didn't call, then you knew what was up. None of that, "Well, he texted, so is that okay?" stuff.

As far as I can tell from this thread, Caleb hasn't made one unprompted phone call to you since that night, correct?

You know, I'm not actually a big phone person either, believe it or not, but it's something that SHOULD be done by a man at certain points if he's truly interested.

There was a time before text messaging existed, and people were actually forced to talk to each other. Not surprisingly, there was a lot less confusion that way in where people stood or not. If someone didn't call, then you knew what was up. None of that, "Well, he texted, so is that okay?" stuff.

As far as I can tell from this thread, Caleb hasn't made one unprompted phone call to you since that night, correct?

That's correct. But don't worry bunny, I am just shrugging it off. I just find it amusing that he texted me.

That's correct. But don't worry bunny, I am just shrugging it off. I just find it amusing that he texted me.

I would put "thanks" under your post, but it's not there! ARGH!!!

Glad you're shrugging it off. :)

I like this new dude though. :D

I would put "thanks" under your post, but it's not there! ARGH!!!

Glad you're shrugging it off. :)

I like this new dude though. :D

I think that's the phrase of the day :grin:

Caleb ended up asking me "when are we going to hang out again?" I told him that I don't know and that I've been busy lately... then he asked me "like?" :rolleyes: So I just exaggerated what my plans are this weekend to sound busier than I really am. He said that he understands and to let him know when I am ready to hang out..... And I left it at that. :)

I've dated so many jerks the past 6 months, I really deserved a good night with a guy...(I'm going to refer to him as 'Caleb')

Caleb and I were friends in high school. I liked him when he wasn't interested in me and he liked me when when I was no longer interested... we stayed friends but lost touch when I left for college. Almost 4 years later we started having short conversations via facebook... exchanged numbers and occasionally had lengthy text message conversations.

After not hearing from him for a few months I heard a song that reminded me of him from back in high school. So I texted him about it and he was amused. After another long texting conversation he asked me to go to this billiards place with he and his friends. I went and it turned out to be a great night.

When I got out of my car, this boy... or should I now say 'man' has gotten even more attractive over the years! He gave me a huge hug and told me that I smell and look good. He introduced me to his friends and bought me a drink. Caleb and his friends are so good at pool!

When I played Caleb he was giving me lots of pointers and of course found a reason to touch my waist while helping me play. I was still awful lol but I still had fun. Especially when I had 5 striped balls left and Caleb just needed to get the 8 ball in. He bet me a drink that he could get all of my stripe balls in AND the 8 ball before I could get just the 8 ball in--he did, and it was hot. :lick:

Four drinks later I had a really good buzz and Caleb was extra flirty. He would pull me into his lap, rub my neck & back, and kiss my shoulders. I'm typically not into pda but it actually didn't bother me for once. And whenever I'd move somewhere else Caleb would eventually follow me or come over and ask me to join him. The place closed at 2am and the night didn't end there.

We went to his place and the strangest thing... the power was out! So we lit a few candles and sat outside on the deck to talk. It was such a romantic environment... We had a lot of deep conversations... we started reminiscing about high school and how we missed out on each other, things we hated about high school, how and why his last relationship ended (1 month ago), discussed racism and interracial dating (he is white), and how he loves his mother and his little brother who is half black...

By 3am, we moved inside. Held hands while sitting on the couch. He told me for about the 3rd time that night that he thinks I'm absolutely gorgeous :blush:. But I called him out by saying he was always a smooth talker, but he swore he wasn't just talking. He even said "I'll even pinky promise.." lol. He went on to say that he never has trouble getting girls and that he never has to try but with me he feels himself trying so hard... and then he stopped himself and said well, I'm not trying really hard but... I don't know, it's hard to explain---Um... say what?? :rolleyes:

We kissed a bit. I kept pulling away though. I didn't give him the opportunity to get into a heated make out session. And eventually I had to go. He walked me to the car and I gave him a short kiss goodbye after asking him to call me...He smiled and said "of course." He told me to call him if I get lost---and I did lol. When I called him we ended up talking on the phone all the way til I got home.

I told him how it was nice kissing someone who wasn't trying to get into my pants at the same time. He was shocked that I experience that all the time. He told me that if I wanted to, I could have driven back home in the morning... and that he would sleep on the couch and I could sleep in his bed. I was shocked by this. He told me to turn around so he could prove it to me because he would like to be able to see me in the morning... He also made a comment about how he can tell I don't just trust anyone... --I didn't realize I had my guard up that much.

When I made it home he asked me what my schedule was like so we could spend time together again. Then we got off the phone. I got home at 4am...

The next day, I got a text from him saying "Thanks for hanging out with us last night. Had fun." I texted him back saying "I had fun too. I'm glad you invited me." An hour later I asked him a question about the whole power outage situation... and he told me what he found out. But now TODAY... I haven't heard from him.

I don't get it! And it's driving me crazy because I keep thinking about how great last night was. I want to see him again.. real soon. I even thought about calling or texting him if I don't hear from him. Maybe that isn't a good idea. I don't know. Thoughts? I thought we really had something going on, especially since he seemed interested in seeing me again at the end of the night. SIGH.

Oh my goodness not you as well!!(((Hug))

I have just recently posted a thread: post 'why are men so confusing' my experience is similar to yours i.e. the most wonderful night ever and the SILENCE the next day most the responses i got were that men are not confusing and that I am making it confusing but I think it is not always straight forward, I belive that some men often get confused about what they are feeling.

So how many days did he make you wait to hear from him?

oh my gosh ladies... he texted me AGAIN last night!! it was a bit after midnight! I almost didn't reply, but I did. His text was an apology and saying that he felt like a jerk after that night. He also said that he wouldn't be kissing on me the next time we hang out unless I initiate it and he is afraid he made a bad impression. ...Which he did. I made a comment saying how this is something we'd need to discuss over the phone. He said that he agrees and that he would call me in a minute. I looked at the clock and it was almost 1am! I told myself that unless he calls me in literally A MINUTE, I would answer. And he didn't, so I just went to bed :grin: I was still half-awake 10 minutes later when he called but I decided to not answer... (trying to follow the rules, lol) Immediately after he sent me a text saying "I hope you're not asleep already. Call me."

This morning I thought about sending a text saying "sorry I was asleep" but I've decided against it unless he texts me first.

WHAT DO YOU THINK LADIES? Do you think he's really not a bad guy after all???

Last edited:

So how many days did he make you wait to hear from him?

well I initiated a texting convo after 2 days. Then he didn't text me until a week after that. He called me late last night. I've been reading the rules book lately, and it says not to be surprised if it takes a guy 1-2 weeks to contact you after a date which is how long it took him.

Btw, I thought the same thing when I read your thread! I was like how similar!!! :grin:

Do you REALLY want to know what I think? :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

yeah. funny thing is I'm no longer interested in him anymore. Took him too long to apologize. Now I just think he's HOT :lick:

Back