I DID IT! I FINALLY BRAIDED MY OWN HAIR!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I finally braided my own hair. It took a long time, about 24 hours long. I couldn't really time it because of so many interruptions(kids, husband etc.) I ordered the braids video from the Hair Lady and studied it until I memorized everything on the video. It took me about 3 weeks after to decide whether I still wanted to get my self into this. I was afraid that is would come out disasterous. I finally did it! I definitely think that the end results are worth all of the time spent. I am going to keep them in for about 2 months if possible. My family says that I did a pretty good job on my braids. I have been getting so many stares and so much extra attention from the opposite sex now that I am sporting long braids! Wow I am just glad I did it and it is over. I am not looking forward to taking these bad boys out though!
Here are the pictures:
http://images.andale.com/f2/113/109/8111026/1054900059222_braids_006.jpg
http://images.andale.com/f2/113/109/8111026/1056242219208_braids_007.jpg

Edited to add on 7/22/05: Those links don't work anymore. I put a pic of the braids below.

braids-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Re: I did it! I finally braided my own hair!!

Wow, they look marvelous! I've never worn braids nor braided anyone's hair, so I can't really appreciate the time & effort needed for such a task... but my goodness, 24 HRS
shocked.gif
, your poor arms must be soooo sore... it's a good thing u had those lil interruptions....to rest up
smile.gif

Well, I'll say!! Wow what a good job and you did it all by yourself
notworthy.gif

You grow girl!!

Wow! That looks much better than my first try! Or my second or third...
grin.gif
I used the techniques from the growafrohairlong video, too. But I didn't have the patience to make the braids small.

Good job!
up.gif

Thanks Peachtree. I mostly leaned over so my arms did not hurt that much but oh the time it took. I thought I would never finish! The interruptions did give me an excuse to stop and take a much needed break.
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I'll say!! Wow what a good job and you did it all by yourself
notworthy.gif

You grow girl!!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow! That looks much better than my first try! Or my second or third...
grin.gif
I used the techniques from the growafrohairlong video, too. But I didn't have the patience to make the braids small.

Good job!
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks ladies. My family always tells me that I am good with my hands!

They are quite beautiful. I am happy for you.

Tracy

Greaqt job. I wish I could braid my own. I'd save about $140 dollars!
rofl.gif

As an avid braid wearer I say KUDOS!!!
notworthy.gif
Your hair looks great. Where did you order your video from? I would love to be able to touch up the front of my hair myself. It would save me money. Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Great job DSD! I'll be looking to you for support soon! If I don't chicken out.
sekret.gif

And thanks for posting the pics!
Flahssssss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl don't chicken out. It is really worth it. Once I got started I could not stop. I would love to help out if you need it!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As an avid braid wearer I say KUDOS!!!
notworthy.gif
Your hair looks great. Where did you order your video from? I would love to be able to touch up the front of my hair myself. It would save me money. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks!
I ordered the video from www.growafrohairlong.com.
I is nice knowing that now I can do it myself.

thats good i also do my own hair in twists and it takes me like 4 hours and iam a male and ive got no choice cause i aint paying all the time but yours are done nicely u can do them when u want now and save all that money to pay someone.

Your Braids look really nice, it gives me the inspiration to try on my own too, if I ever do I will be sending a pm your way! Great Job!
trampoline.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Your Braids look really nice, it gives me the inspiration to try on my own too, if I ever do I will be sending a pm your way! Great Job!
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks! I will be waiting to hear from you!

Re: I DID IT! I FINALLY BRAIDED MY OWN HAIR!!

Wow! I have my mom do them for me and i STILL don't understna dhow she does it. Lol. And you did that all YOURSELF
shocked.gif
And that's your first time?
shocked.gif

Way to go girl!

Niiiice! What kind of hair did you use? I usually briad my own hair too, but with human wet and wavy hair. The next time I plan on braiding my hair I'd like to switch to the hair you have. I always like open ends because it's quicker to braid. Mine usually take about 8 hours, maybe 10 and I split it up in two days. Try that next time and you won't really be sore.

Good job!

Back