I did a flexi rod set!!!!! (pics included)

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I have to thank Pink Flower for answering my questions. I did a flexi set this morning. Pics are in my fotki April - June album.

I used 2 1/2 packs of the purple flexi rods from Sally's. I washed and conditioned with Goldwell's Kerasilk Ultra Hydrating shampoo and Silk Protein conditioner. I used a quarter size dollop of Lacio Lacio as a leave in and a handful of Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade to set. I sat under my soft bonnet dryer on med high for 1 hour and 15 minutes and 5 minutes on cool. Took out the rods, added five drops of WGO to my hands and ran them over my curls!

Paul Mitchell's foaming Pomade will make my May Hit or Miss list for sure. :)

Take a look....

Go on girl! Your flexi rod set looks great! :clap: You most definately can keep this up for 5 days! I'm almost on my 3rd week with this strawset I did! :)

lovelymissyoli said:
Go on girl! Your flexi rod set looks great! :clap: You most definately can keep this up for 5 days! I'm almost on my 3rd week with this strawset I did! :)

I DO NOT have the patience to do a straw set although I think they are very pretty. It only took me about 20 mins to do this set and that's because I wasn't sure at first how to get the flexi's to stay tight. I couldn't imagine trying to set all this thick hair on little straws.

How do you keep yours looking fresh?

Thanks ladies! I didn't think it would look as good since I'm 10 weeks post touch up but you can barely see my thick roots.

locabouthair said:
very nice. Anybody got pics of flexi sets on natural hair?
I haven't yet had the stamina to try a flexi set on my natural hair, but if I ever do, I'll be sure to post.
simplycee, you did a beautiful job on your set! Congratulations! :grin:

I have to agree with everyone else here. It looks really good. I think I am going to do this style for my cousins wedding this summer. What size rollers did you get from sally's and how long did it take for your hair to dry? Did you use end papers?

Your rod set is GEORGOUS!!!! How are you going to keep the style for the week? That is what I always find to be the hardest when doing any type of curly style!

michelle3147 said:
I have to agree with everyone else here. It looks really good. I think I am going to do this style for my cousins wedding this summer. What size rollers did you get from sally's and how long did it take for your hair to dry? Did you use end papers?

I used the purple ones, I have no idea what size they are but they were the biggest rods Sally's had. I did use end papers but I might skip that step the next time I try it. My hair is very thick so I was perepared to be under the dryer for a while. I sat under the dryer for 1 hour and 15 mins (10 mins on cool to set the curls). Next time I may use my hood dryer instead of my bonnet dryer to see if it dries a little faster.

Back