I did a flexi rod set!!!!! (pics included)

Your set came out really good!! I used to do them and I would get them to last a week till my next wash. It may not work for you but I slept with my hair in two pigtails. I tried to put them really high so thant no matter how I slept I wouldn't be smushing them. In the morning I just took them down and added my moiturizer and fluffed.

Oh I can't remember who asked, I know you weren't talking to me, but I have some pics in my Jan album on how to set the rods.

Dandy112 said:
Your rod set is GEORGOUS!!!! How are you going to keep the style for the week? That is what I always find to be the hardest when doing any type of curly style!

I have no idea! Last night I used a claw clip to loosly clip up the length and the covered with a satin bonnet. When I woke up this morning I was pleasantly surprised that the curls were still there and still shiny, no frizz. I just need to get to Thursday and then I can try again.

It looks great!!! Nice, fluffy and soft! :up:

I just bought 2 packs of those Sally's purple rods a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to try them soon. I also used Paul Mitchell's foaming pommade for my last flexi set and it works soooo well. I wore my hair in 2 high ponytails and covered with a satin bonnet, at night, to maintain the style.

kitchen_tician said:
It looks great!!! Nice, fluffy and soft! :up:

I just bought 2 packs of those Sally's purple rods a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to try them soon. I also used Paul Mitchell's foaming pommade for my last flexi set and it works soooo well. I wore my hair in 2 high ponytails and covered with a satin bonnet, at night, to maintain the style.

Thanks for the suggestion and the compliment. I'll try this tonight.

Oh I also maintain my style for a week too. It took me awhile to figure out, but before I go to bed, I bend my head over and just make sure all my curls are loose. Then I put on my satin bonnet starting from the back to front (still bent over). I usually have to kinda stuff my curls in when I get to the front. Once you finish, you got this chef boyardee thing going on...it unattractive but it makes ur set last since the the curls are on top. :yep:

Simplycee-

Your rod set is GORGEOUS!!! Now I want to run out and get some rods, the PJ in me must resist...lol!

chocolate01 said:
Your set came out really good!! I used to do them and I would get them to last a week till my next wash. It may not work for you but I slept with my hair in two pigtails. I tried to put them really high so thant no matter how I slept I wouldn't be smushing them. In the morning I just took them down and added my moiturizer and fluffed.

Oh I can't remember who asked, I know you weren't talking to me, but I have some pics in my Jan album on how to set the rods.

Very Nice simplycee! :clap: Bravo!

Chocolate01, your set is also impressive. Is your hair natural or relaxed?

Back