"I can't wait to tell you I love you"

mzlady you already know me by now

and you may think i need to take a break
and i totally agree

but its just not something i am ready to do yet i guess if i haven't done it

i'm only 22

and right now i'm not in a bad situation or at least not yet

but i don't mind learning, even if it does mean i'm hard-headed

Because due to her reaction to that situation (that most of us felt was a no brainer, he didn't want her to get in accident), not to mention other threads she'd started, it was quite clear that she had some things she needed to sort out on her own. She was supposed to be taking a break from relationships to work on herself for a little while. If she's been seeing this dude for 2 months that means she took a month, probably less, because this conclusion was made about 3 months ago, right before the NY meet up.

And now she's saying she thinks dude might be gay. :perplexed

So yeah, IMO, the :nono: is warranted.

Because due to her reaction to that situation (that most of us felt was a no brainer, he didn't want her to get in accident), not to mention other threads she'd started, it was quite clear that she had some things she needed to sort out on her own. She was supposed to be taking a break from relationships to work on herself for a little while. If she's been seeing this dude for 2 months that means she took a month, probably less, because this conclusion was made about 3 months ago, right before the NY meet up.

And now she's saying she thinks dude might be gay. :perplexed

So yeah, IMO, the :nono: is warranted.

Ahh ok I had no idea about the bolded......I guess its hampered her journey of self-discovery. Now I understand why the :nono:

mzlady you already know me by now

and you may think i need to take a break
and i totally agree

but its just not something i am ready to do yet i guess if i haven't done it

i'm only 22

and right now i'm not in a bad situation or at least not yet

but i don't mind learning, even if it does mean i'm hard-headed

Well, I'm glad you realize you're being hard-headed, LOL. But sometimes that's the only way for folks to learn.

I just see alot of myself in you so I know that you're on a destructive path. At 22, you should be out living life, having a good time and if you MUST be in a relationship, you should NOT trying to figure out whether or not your man might be gay. That's not a good look at at all.

But, you're gonna do what you're gonna do. I just hope that if you really have suspicions about this dude, you take the proper precautions.

My now former SO told me he loved me while he was drunk and um....doing the tango..I did not believe him...and he said it SEVERAL times. I know people say you are honest when you are drunk but I have said and done things that are very illogical when drunk so I know that is not always true. LOL

As far as the mention of you taking time for yourself, I can relate. People have told me that in the past we well, it can really be a hard pill to swallow if that is not what YOU feel you should do. I say you do what is best for YOU. It may be that you need a break, from the outside looking in...but onlyEBONY has to live with EBONY's decisions and actions. SO do you honey. You have to either stop caring what people say...or stop exposing your bad laundry to give them bad things to say. Also take into consideration...when you do what Ebony wants to do...and if it doesn't work out...its OK and time will go on...but just know if you post it here...you are going to hear things that you don;t want to hear. I do not think anyone here is trying to hurt you. I think everyone is pretty much speaking from experience and just want to see your prosper so these ladies may not be quick to pat you on the top of your head and tell you want to hear. BUt all that said...I still believe that everything will work out the way it is meant to be in time. :yep:

Sounds like a line to me, but I'm cynical today. :ohwell:

I'm with you. If you're in love after 2 months, I'm thinking something's wrong with you.

Plus that puts me in awkward position, because you know folks say "I love you" and expect a response. Like it's a damn test!!!

Last edited:
I thought people tell the truth when they're drunk :look:

Yea, I thought so too UNTIL I had a guy tell me he loved me, wanted to be with me, crying, the whole 9 and you know what came out of that? Absolutely nothing :nono:.

OP, I would NOT put too much stock in dude's comments. I don't understand why he hasn't said it already (while sober) if he supposedly "can't wait" :confused:.

Back