I cant stop crying...

I'm so sorry to hear that! I know how you feel. Last year a hairstylist decided to "cut my split ends" and ended up cutting my hair neck length. Don't worry, your hair will grow out...it will just take time, care, and patience.

Same thing happened to me and the hairstylist never asked me if I wanted my ends cut (common courtesey(sp)) and her excuse was my stuff was broken off all over. So from SL to nl is where I went and I went home crying my eyes out. So I understand completely. Go report her to BBB, sue and get your money back, so called hair stylist these days.

Wow!! Sweetie, I am so sorry that this happened to you. I have been there. I went in for a trim and came out with a "Gumby" hair cut on one side and line up like a dude in the front. Now ya'll know that I did not tell that fool to do that to me. I had to work on it at home and get two corrective trims. Huge set back.

Another time, I went in for a sew-in weave and this child had my hair locking in three weeks. I don't what happened but luckily i didn''t lose my hair that time.

Take you vitamins and growth aides at home. Don't stress it will grow back. Keep ya head up mama. Just do corrective trims when it starts growing back.

The State Board of Cosmetology would probably be a good place to start. I wouldn't want this _____ anywhere near my head. There is nothing she can do for you that can compensate for what she has maliciously done.

I am deeply sorry this has happened to you. This just proves that licensed beauticians can mess up your hair too. The girl who does my weaves, who is not licensed, has never added hair to my braids. After 6 months of wearing weaves, I let a professional relax my hair and that ***** chopped off hair without my consent! I was at APL and after she was done, my hair was sitting right on my shoulders. I cried in my car in the parking lot of the salon. Six months of good growing gone!!!! I know what you're going through. Like everyone here has said, we've all gone through setbacks and your hair will grow back. Don't go back to that lady!!!

First of all, you are not stupid. It was a mistake. And although I have no idea exactly how you feel, I do know what it feels like to work so hard for something, and have it taken away so unexepectantly. I'll be praying for you to come to terms with your situation, and grow from it. God Bless:)

I talked to her this morning and that is what she tried to say, that I cut my own hair taking down the weave. I just told her, I may make that mistake once or twice but, not my whole head and not all on the ends. Somewhere along the line if I was taking it down wrong, I should have ended up with a plug in the middle, pluse when I was taking out the braids I was looking at how the ends were cut.

I am so sorry that this happened to you....your hair will grow back, it'll take time...time that you have spent before taking good care of your hair to where it was before the evil b***ch decided to cut it. I agree with the ladies that said you need to file a law suit. It's a good thing that you have a fotki going...your evidence is in your hands. Go after her license (if she is licensed, I'd be calling tomorrow to get it suspended and sending in evidence so she can get it revoked!) and get your money back. She needs to be taught a lesson that she can't go around doing whatever she thinks to other women's hair...

Good luck and you will come out of this situation sooner than later.

i feel ur pain...
just hang in there and give ur hair some TLC it will be back before u kno it. I think u should sue.

I am going to be brutally honest and admit the first thing I thought when I began reading this thread was, "Oh lord, not another, I made it to ____ length and then the evil stylist cut it all off." After reading your story and looking at your fotki I would like to sincerely apologize for my initial thoughts.

That being said, and truly evil stylist aside, your hair looks like it is in EXCELLENT condition, and while I would be just as upset if not more about losing those precious inches, I am sure that your hair will grow back healthy and thick.

Have you decided whether or not you are going to confront her? Are you going to trim gradually to get it all to one length or are you going to make a significant chop? Best of luck with whatever your decision is.

grnidmonster :hug2: i am so sorry. i would hav beeen devastated. the cops would have been called cause i would of went back and tried to choke a *&%#$. Especially after my own stylist horror chopping stories. No More!! BSL to uneven cutoff SL and above..omg!!!im getting disgusted/angry just thinking about that damn stylist. she knew. she had to know!
Please don't let this go, no matter what she says.
Just go into baby mode for your hair. it should be fine by Xmas. and u willl be back BSL b4 spring.

I just knew that :censored: was going to accuse you of cutting it :rolleyes: And Yes that :censored: did that mess on purpose. Sorry this happened to you. Threads like this reminds me why I don't *bleep* with hairdressers....

That's what makes me so mad, I know better! I have toying with the weave idea for almost three years so I finally did it. I checked out some utube videos but, didnt feel I could do it on my own. Damn, I should have left well enough alone.

I'm sooooo sorry this hapened. I had a sort of setbacl recently also (well more like 3 this year so far) so I know ow you feel. The latest was inky twists and my ends go dipped in the boiling hot water. When I took them out no matter what I did the ends looked like I got electrocuted so I had to just cut them, almost 2 inches. Al because of lazy briders not wanting to braid all the way past my real hair, i swear. Anyways I just say to all of these setbacks you live and you learn. I decided to stop being lazy myself and wearing these braids adnd just do my own hair and ony let the 1 stylist I trust to relax and trim my hair, and when I can't get to him do my own hair...no braids, no weaves, no glue, no kinky twists, no thread, no wigs , no nothing...just me. That was my resolve after the 3rd setback due to some braids/ weaves...shooot cant STAND lazy, incompetent stylists.. BTW my siggy shows one of the beautiful bald spots my second setback left me with! thank god it's not THAT bad!!

You need to stand your ground when she comes to inspect your hair. All that talk about you cutting your own hair is bs. She needs to take full responsibility.

Not only does she need to refund you for the money you paid, she also needs to compensate you for all the money you've spent over the years, getting your hair to BSL. Not to even mention all the effort you put into it.

Longilox,
You are so right. I am really disappointed that she accused me of cutting my own hair. Taking that weave out wasnt that difficult, it was just time consuming (3 hours). She is gonna have to do something because I am not going away.

OT: are weaves supposed to hurt? I mean my head was throbbing.

The State Board of Cosmetology would probably be a good place to start. I wouldn't want this _____ anywhere near my head. There is nothing she can do for you that can compensate for what she has maliciously done.

That's just it, her apology and a refund will not bring my hair back.:sad:

OP I am so sorry that this happened to you :hug2:

You know how to baby your hair, so I am confident that you will be back at BSL within 6 mos.

:bighug:

Wow, I am so sorry that this happened to you. That woman (I can't call her a stylist) was very irresponsible and obviously lacked professionalism along with compassion. She HAD to know she was cutting your hair, I can't believe she didn't realize it. She should refund whatever you paid at a minimum. I'm not sure how the law addresses such carelessness.

Your hair will grow back, that's a fact. But please don't you ever go back to her again :nono:

omg. omg. ooh i wish a ***** would! sue her, kill her! both! storm in there and let her have it! i'm sorry but i could NOT go in there all nice and polite! get a lawyer, show before pics of your hair and take some of how it is now! omg that pist me off! this is the EXACT reason i dont go to salon with they crazy jealous stupid a**!!

I am going to be brutally honest and admit the first thing I thought when I began reading this thread was, "Oh lord, not another, I made it to ____ length and then the evil stylist cut it all off." After reading your story and looking at your fotki I would like to sincerely apologize for my initial thoughts.

That being said, and truly evil stylist aside, your hair looks like it is in EXCELLENT condition, and while I would be just as upset if not more about losing those precious inches, I am sure that your hair will grow back healthy and thick.

Have you decided whether or not you are going to confront her? Are you going to trim gradually to get it all to one length or are you going to make a significant chop? Best of luck with whatever your decision is.

Thanks CMW45,
I hate to think she did it on purpose but, she did comment on the growth and I know I didnt cut my own hair. I have een trying to handle this as rationally as I possibly can. I have looked for errors I could have made and the way my hair looks it had to be her. My cuts would have been wildly random and it is not cut like that.

I think I am going to grow and shape it slowly. I think cutting it agin right now is more than I can process. My album is out of date, my hair had grown significantly and was even healthier. There are multiple lessons in this somewhere. When we speak up for oursleves they call us B@tc&. I guess that is what I will just have to be from this point forward.

Thanks CMW45,
I hate to think she did it on purpose but, she did comment on the growth and I know I didnt cut my own hair. I have een trying to handle this as rationally as I possibly can. I have looked for errors I could have made and the way my hair looks it had to be her. My cuts would have been wildly random and it is not cut like that.

I think I am going to grow and shape it slowly. I think cutting it agin right now is more than I can process. My album is out of date, my hair had grown significantly and was even healthier. There are multiple lessons in this somewhere. When we speak up for oursleves they call us B@tc&. I guess that is what I will just have to be from this point forward.

I think this sounds like a really good course of action.

Gurl, like my momma always told me...ain't nuttin' wrong with lettin' the inner b-otch out sometimes. In fact, in this instance, I feel like you need to get in touch with your inner b-otch and make sure that everything is righted and that she does not think she pulled anything over on you. *hugs* I know I will be following your journey.

I think this sounds like a really good course of action.

Gurl, like my momma always told me...ain't nuttin' wrong with lettin' the inner b-otch out sometimes. In fact, in this instance, I feel like you need to get in touch with your inner b-otch and make sure that everything is righted and that she does not think she pulled anything over on you. *hugs* I know I will be following your journey.

My kids know her a "black mommy" and I guess I'm gonna have to let her loose. She protects my babies and I need her to protect me too. Whatever happened to customer service? The customer is always right? Common courtesy?

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I had an experience, which I know a lot of us have had, where this stylist cut my hair and styled it in a "mushroom" bob. All she kept saying was "You gotta mow the weeds so the grass can grow" I wanted to mow her a__! All I wanted was a re-touch and a trim.I cried all the way home. As an adult my hair has never been shorter than SL, so when she cut it, everyone kept saying "Awww you cut your hair" And it wasn't a positive "Awwwww". Well it did grow back and I am currently SL trying for BSL. ( hugs )

Wow, I am so sorry that this happened to you. That woman (I can't call her a stylist) was very irresponsible and obviously lacked professionalism along with compassion. She HAD to know she was cutting your hair, I can't believe she didn't realize it. She should refund whatever you paid at a minimum. I'm not sure how the law addresses such carelessness.

Your hair will grow back, that's a fact. But please don't you ever go back to her again :nono:

I completely agree with everything you posted, lala.
OP, Im sorry. I cant imagine how you must feel.:sad:

ugh...she knew what she was doing. demand your money back when you go SHOW her what she did, cause more than likely her response will be "oh no, this is horrible" and you need to SEE how she reacts. step 2 is to get her license taken. if it is not her salon contact the owner. if it is hers, idk what to do cause i am not a pro but you can do SOMETHING.

When I first went to my stylist I did not let her touch my hair with scissors until she gave me a mirror to see how much she was "trimmimg" She only dusted the ends and after a few times of holding that mirror, I now trust her and have been very happy ever since.

That is absolutely horrible. While i was reading your post, my mouth dropped to the floor. Man, I'm so sorry that happened to you, my friend.
Nat

Oh Jesus...I am so sorry. I know how that feels. Before I started seeing her I was BSL but she cut it to shoulder dusting length then every time I started to get some length, she hacked it off. Now I just limit my visits to her.

But my experience isn't nearly as bad as this. I give you nice BIG hugs =)

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I see that you're in CA. Please click here to file a complaint with the California Bureau of Barbering and Cosmetology. The site says that they handle complaints about "gross negligence and/or incompetence" and as we know your stylist was grossly negligent and incompetent.

I agree with the others who said that she knew exactly what she was doing. She couldn't stand to see your beautiful long hair!

Back