I cant stop crying...

Sorry this happened to you. This also happened to me last year. It was my fault. I had a friend help me take out my weave. I told her where to cut the braid, inadvertently cut off about 2 inches. So I know your pain. Again, sorry this happened.

In all my 22 years I have never heard of not one person needing to cut the braids in any way for a weave. Either she really didn't know what she was doing or (more likely) she just wanted to mess your hair up.

You need to call her and tell her what she did AND you need to call the better business bureau and make a complaint because if she keeps doing things like this she needs to be out of business. And definitely get your money back!

Though I know you're upset now, you and your hair will be alright!

I def agree with this!! When the africans would braid my hair and do a full weave back in the day.....they never used scissors.....It amazes me that these stylists try to find one way to use them darn scissors!!!!

I'm sorry this happened to you...

My heart goes out to you. She cut a lot of your hair, from BSL to neck/shoulder length is some serious inches cut. There should be a law against this type of thing. So many women have had so many horror stories about beauticians and it seems as though nothing can be done about it. It take many years for women to get there hair to where they want it, also lots of time and effort, and you go to a beautician and in minutes, it's gone:nono::nono:. I hope the damage to your hairline is not permanent, but I'd definitely ask her, what happened!!!

whoopthattrick.jpg

WHOOP THAT TRICK

Okay ladies, time for another PMS rant

:offrant:

That hateful ***** knew EXACTLY what she was doing! Her triflin jealous a** couldn't take the fact that your hair was so long and healthy, so she decided to be a ***** and cut your hair. She did this on PURPOSE!

Take that scummy waste of oxygen to court and sue her for everything she has! I'd even push to have her liscence taken away. That kind of blatant disregard and cruelty needs to be met with some serious punishment! Get a lawyer, take before and after pictures to court.

SUE THAT H*E!!!! :swearing:

------------------------------------------
Okay, now that I got that off my chest..... I'm so very sorry this happened to you. As you can see, I'm pretty peeved about it. This is ludicrous! *taking a deep breath* Have you thought about growth aids? I think the best thing right now is to keep it super simple and keep your hair up and out of sight.

:bighug:
I pretty much agree with everything tiffers said. That woman should lose her license.

I'm really sorry this happened to you and I'd be upset too were I in your situation. Try wearing your hair up for the next month or so, or join the bootcamp so you don't have look at your hair too much.

Garner,
I don't trust her to touch it again. This is the third time I have have had a stylist cut my hair super short. The first time I ask her to even the ends-shame on me. The next time I asked the stylist to trim the ends-shame on me not enough detail. This time I told her about all of my stylist disaters and how scissor shy I am. She acted like she understod and instead she was steadly in back of my head cutting.

Very unfortunatly, I can relate. I posted pics in my album of damage done to my hair by a "professional stylist", just to share with other women that they are not alone when something like that happens. It hurts when someone just chops off and damages years of care and growth in a matter of seconds. In time, your hair will grow back, and you will heal. Please don't let her get away with it though. Stylists need to know when they mess up like that and you need to be compensated in some form for the time you will now spend undoing her damage.

Sorry this happened to you. This also happened to me last year. It was my fault. I had a friend help me take out my weave. I told her where to cut the braid, inadvertently cut off about 2 inches. So I know your pain. Again, sorry this happened.

I talked to her this morning and that is what she tried to say, that I cut my own hair taking down the weave. I just told her, I may make that mistake once or twice but, not my whole head and not all on the ends. Somewhere along the line if I was taking it down wrong, I should have ended up with a plug in the middle, pluse when I was taking out the braids I was looking at how the ends were cut.

Some people just can't be trusted. I was thinking of getting a weave myself but instead opted for a half wig. You can do protective styles until it grows out a little, then shape the choppy pieces the stylist made.

Kacie,
that is a great idea. Probably what I will do 'cause I am not ready for a cut right now.

I'm sorry to to hear about your hair loss. I didn't think she would acknowledge it :nono: Did she even try to offer to look at your hair or give you money back? Did you ask her WHY she needed to cut your braided hair in the first place?

I am so sorry!!! You must call her and tell her what she's done immediately and tell her she needs to compesate you in some way.

Now, in what areas is your hair neck length, shoulder and brastrap? Let's see if we can come up with a style that will compliment the butchery she's done with as minimal additional hair cutting as possible.

I am so sorry to hear this! :nono: At the very least she should refund all of the money you paid. Not only did she cut your hair without notifying you, but she put the weave in too tight!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I know that won't bring you back your hair, but she needs to know that she should be more careful with her next customer. :wallbash: Again, I am so sorry. :nono:

Okay ladies, time for another PMS rant

:offrant:

That hateful ***** knew EXACTLY what she was doing! Her triflin jealous a** couldn't take the fact that your hair was so long and healthy, so she decided to be a ***** and cut your hair. She did this on PURPOSE!

Take that scummy waste of oxygen to court and sue her for everything she has! I'd even push to have her liscence taken away. That kind of blatant disregard and cruelty needs to be met with some serious punishment! Get a lawyer, take before and after pictures to court.

SUE THAT H*E!!!! :swearing:

------------------------------------------
Okay, now that I got that off my chest..... I'm so very sorry this happened to you. As you can see, I'm pretty peeved about it. This is ludicrous! *taking a deep breath* Have you thought about growth aids? I think the best thing right now is to keep it super simple and keep your hair up and out of sight.

:bighug:
Tiffers,
Thanks for the hug and pumping me up, she is coming over to look at my hair. I am mad, sad and hurt. I try as hard as I can to be nice. I tip and usually wash my own hair befor I go, all they have to do style it and I still pay them the full amount. My girl told me I need to find a man if I go back to the salon. For right now I am so cool, I just need to learn how to trim the back of my hair and I will be straight.

Oh my goodness. How tragic. I can't believe your hairdresser would make a mistake like that. Has she ever done a sew-in before? :nono:

She claims to have done them before. I really just need to do my hair myself and put this in prospective-it is hair, I will not die from it and it will grow back...one day:ohwell:

I'm sorry to to hear about your hair loss. I didn't think she would acknowledge it :nono: Did she even try to offer to look at your hair or give you money back? Did you ask her WHY she needed to cut your braided hair in the first place?

She said she would never do anything like that and I must have done it. She is supposed to either come by or meet me to take a look at my hair. I explained my situation to her before she started and she still put it in way too tight and cut it. I knew she wouldnt admit it either. I know I did not cut my hair, I was so careful and inspecting each braid as I took it down.

OMG (jaw dropped) !!! I am so sorry to hear this....Which is why I STAY OUT of hair salons. As for your hair...it'll grow back hun!! Just continue to do what you were dooing prior to your hellish experience. Don't waste anymore negative energy or stress on it (that definitely won't help your hair)...Swallow, deep breath, and proceed you know....it'll be back in no time!!! BIGGGGG HUGGGG!!!!!:bighug:

I am so sorry!!! You must call her and tell her what she's done immediately and tell her she needs to compesate you in some way.

Now, in what areas is your hair neck length, shoulder and brastrap? Let's see if we can come up with a style that will compliment the butchery she's done with as minimal additional hair cutting as possible.

No areas are BSL anymore, that is how I know I didnt cut my hair taking the weave down, some pieces would be the orginal length and others would not. The neck piece is in the very back at the bottom (thank you Jesus) because when she braided, she went from from to back and then crossed the braid over and wrapped to the front, that is where she cut. This braid had the shortes length so it is neck length. the front pieces which went the enitre length of my hear (from side to side) are the longest at Shoulder length. Because the braids were cut, it isnt an even cut or I would just wear a Victoria Bechem type cut, long in fron, short in back. Because the sections were braided the same on each side, the are approximatley equal on each side of my head (again, another reason I know I didn't cut it taking the weave out).

I think the best solution will be a shoulder length bob and hid the neck length pieces in the back.

OMG!!!! I am so sorry this happened to you. And my husband wonders why I'm paranoid about letting folks do my hair....:nono:

Oh precious grnidmonster, I am so so sorry that this happened to you honey. I can't even imagine how you must feel.

I would call her too and let her know what she did to your hair so that she does not make the same mistake again on someone else's hair. I feel that she might tell you that you might have mistakingly cut your own hair when you were trying to take it out though - I really don't think she'll willingly take the blame for the damages she's done to your hair. This is a funny situation but even so, I would at least try to get a refund even though that will not appease the hurt you're feeling. Good luck with it.

Now I'm mad. You can not tell me that she didn't know what she was doing. :wallbash: Okay, calm down. Relax, Relate, Release. You could take her to small claims court if you wanted to.

Now that I am at peace :lachen:Go ahead and get your hair evened out by a professional. Resume you regimen and within no time your hair will start to recover.

I really can't believe that:wallbash: OOHHHHH!!!!!!

I talked to her this morning and that is what she tried to say, that I cut my own hair taking down the weave. I just told her, I may make that mistake once or twice but, not my whole head and not all on the ends. Somewhere along the line if I was taking it down wrong, I should have ended up with a plug in the middle, pluse when I was taking out the braids I was looking at how the ends were cut.

I just knew that :censored: was going to accuse you of cutting it :rolleyes: And Yes that :censored: did that mess on purpose. Sorry this happened to you. Threads like this reminds me why I don't *bleep* with hairdressers....

This reminds me of the joke about bad doctors.....

What do they call a person who finishes last in beauty school....

A Beautician!!! When folks get their license to practice anything whether they were first in their class or last they are still considered quaified by that state when they pass their exam. Something is wrong with that.

I feel so much for you. If you do nothing else, please let that woman know what she did so she may think twice the next time she has to put a weave in someone elses head.

You need to stand your ground when she comes to inspect your hair. All that talk about you cutting your own hair is bs. She needs to take full responsibility.

Not only does she need to refund you for the money you paid, she also needs to compensate you for all the money you've spent over the years, getting your hair to BSL. Not to even mention all the effort you put into it.

Back