I can't believe I use to ___________ and thought it was cute. (Hair related story)

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I can't believe I use to wear my hair pulled back in a "pony-tail" when my hair was NL. ( sorry if any of you do this) I thought it was okay until I saw a video and my hair was pulled back in that little twig... :blush: I was too shamed! I asked my friends why did they let me wear my hair back like that. They said...no one could you nothing. :lachen:

So go ahead and spill it... what can't you believe you've done with your hair and thought you were too cute then....:look:
Pictures if you have them.

I'm looking for one...

Re: I can't believe I use to ___________ and thought it was cute. (Hair related story

Ok.. Are you ready for this?? So when I was growing up I did my own hair, so in Junior High school we wore 'fans'. Girl, I had my brittle neck length hair pulled up in a high ponytail and spread my ends out like a 'fan'.Girl i'm surprised a good whiff of wind aint come by and snap them ends right off..lol . Hell, I used to spritz that bad boy so hard so it wouldnt blow.. I was highstepping down the hallway..CUZ I KNEW I WAS CUTE...:wallbash::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::nono::nono:

Re: I can't believe I use to ___________ and thought it was cute. (Hair related story

I can't believe I use to wear my hair pulled back in a "pony-tail" when my hair was NL. ( sorry if any of you do this) I thought it was okay until I saw a video and my hair was pulled back in that little twig... :blush: I was too shamed! I asked my friends why did they let me wear my hair back like that. They said...no one could you nothing. :lachen:

So go ahead and spill it... what can't you believe you've done with your hair and thought you were too cute then....:look:

I'm looking for one...

I used to wear BUSTED braidouts when I first started doing them.

I thought it looked cute too :lol: Thankfully, I don't have any pics.

Ok.. Are you ready for this?? So when I was growing up I did my own hair, so in Junior High school we wore 'fans'. Girl, I had my brittle neck length hair pulled up in a high ponytail and spread my ends out like a 'fan'.Girl i'm surprised a good whiff of wind aint come by and snap them ends right off..lol . Hell, I used to spritz that bad boy so hard so it wouldnt blow.. I was highstepping down the hallway..CUZ I KNEW I WAS CUTE...

^^^ *Gasp* GIRL!! I remember that d**n fan! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I remember I use to want to do my hair like that...my momma looked at me real fool like and said I wasn't walking around looking like a rooster or peacock! :rofl: Man you just brought back some memories for real!

I used buy phony ponies that were like 3a spiral curled hair, and my hair is like 3c4a and dry. and it was super straight from that "good perm". So I had super straight roots, and curly ponytail. That was a NO NO!!

Use the brown gel to make side burns with curls in it! I just it was the best thing!

:lachen:

I never thought the fan was cute. I guess I'm fortunate, lol. There was this girl in my class in elementary/junior high who wore it for 5+ years.

I used buy phony ponies that were like 3a spiral curled hair, and my hair is like 3c4a and dry. and it was super straight from that "good perm". So I had super straight roots, and curly ponytail. That was a NO NO!!

LOL! Those good ol' microwave ponytails :lachen:

Use the brown gel to make side burns with curls in it! I just it was the best thing!

:lachen: :lachen: At least you only did the side burns.... Most of us did the whole d**n hair line talking about its baby hair :look:......bwahhhhhhhhhhhhaaa. I have a feeling i'm going to dying laughing at this thread...

I'm looking for one...

LOL!!! when my daughter sees me with my little nub before I pin on my phony pony she says mom you don't have any hang time!!!:lachen:but I'm bout to fool her butt , one day I'm gonna take down my bun and it's gonna be REAL!!! thanks to LHCF & OCT/MT :yay:

^^^ *Gasp* GIRL!! I remember that d**n fan! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I remember I use to want to do my hair like that...my momma looked at me real fool like and said I wasn't walking around looking like a rooster or peacock! :rofl: Man you just brought back some memories for real!

I know.. Those were the days.....Rooster..lol..hilarious:lachen:

OH Yea!!! I forgot the mocrwave ponies.. I melted so many rollers by putting that crap in the microwave.. I got in trouble for that soooo many times//lmao

I'm sorry I used to wear my hair in those butterfly clamps (also known as Banana clamps) and fan out my ends like they were some kind of mohawk (because my hair was stiff and didn't move as it should). I'm also sorry that I wore super high and tight ponytails (thanks mom, lol). My ends looked like a bottle brush and it pulled my eyes back so far I looked like I was squinting. As I think back that mess wasn't cute :nono:.

Ok.. Are you ready for this?? So when I was growing up I did my own hair, so in Junior High school we wore 'fans'. Girl, I had my brittle neck length hair pulled up in a high ponytail and spread my ends out like a 'fan'.Girl i'm surprised a good whiff of wind aint come by and snap them ends right off..lol . Hell, I used to spritz that bad boy so hard so it wouldnt blow.. I was highstepping down the hallway..CUZ I KNEW I WAS CUTE...:wallbash::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::nono::nono:

:lachen:I remember this! I called it "the Palm Frond" because it looked like the fronds on a palm tree. So many girls wore their hair like this in middle school and high school (and they still do :nono:).

:lachen:I remember this! I called it "the Palm Frond" because it looked like the fronds on a palm tree. So many girls wore their hair like this in middle school and high school (and they still do :nono:).

PEOPLE STILL DO THIS :blush:

I was so dumb.....I literally cut my edges off with scissiors because they were really nappy......I got such a scolding from my hairdresser.

I had these huge ghetto gold extension braids that I actually liked because I didn;t have to fuss with my hair and it was such a different look for me.

MICROWAVE PONY -TAILS!!!!! throw some good ol cheap yaki on some rods and stick it in for about 2 to 3 minutes and voila! all I needed was half a tub of brown gel to slick my bald headed hair up into a pony-tail and bobby pin the track right on in! i scratched my scalp so much with those bobby pins LOL But it was crrrute tho!

I used a lot of gel in elementry school. One day in second grade I was staying with a friend while I was away and allowed her to gel my whole head (she was older so I thought she knew better). uggg..when my mom got home she banned me from using gel...and I never used it again (still haven't to this day)

I can't believe I thought my press and curls were cute. This ends and tons of money wasted later I can look back and say it wasn't as cute as I thought. LHCF has been saving me a lot of money at the hair dresser.

I never wore the fan ponys :nono:

In High School, I use to pile on gobs of Let's Jam from root to tip because I thought it made me look like I had " good hair". I Know, sad and the funny thing is because I had really course hair, putting that stuff on every morning made it look much worse. Thanks god I didn't live in a cold climate. My pony tail could have hurt someone.

Last edited:

*HOLLERING @ this post*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i used to slick mine down with gel like gloria on waiting to exhale. it was short like that to because it broke off so bad. then i would make the edges all wavy like i had baby hair.

I'm guilty of the fan too... and the swoop bang glued to my forehead with lots of black gel.... and gelled down "baby hair" with a tooth brushewww lol:nono: horrible pictures....:lachen:

In High School, I use to pile on gobs of Let's Jam from root to tip because I thought it made me look like I had " good hair". I Know, sad and the funny thing is because I had really course hair, putting that stuff on every morning made it look much worse. Thanks god I didn't live in a cold climate. My pony tail cold have hurt someone.

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaa
487.gif

Good hair! Girl you know you fool!

Another fan ponytail victim here. But of course I had to jazz it up with the fan bangs-lifted at the root and shellacked with a delightful mixture of White Rain hair spray and brown protein gel. :nono: In high school (and for a little longer too) I thought Ampro was my saviour. :lachen:

can i get a pic of this "fan" hairdo. cause my imagination is running wild with how ya'll were lookin:rolleyes:

Here it is...I got a stanky, drippy carefree curl put in by a bootleg beautician and all of my long pretty hair ended up getting cut off. Yes, for about 6months I looked like a boy but, that leisure curl grew my stuff back out and I never experimented again- until I got a perm again..

In High School, I use to pile on gobs of Let's Jam from root to tip because I thought it made me look like I had " good hair". I Know, sad and the funny thing is because I had really course hair, putting that stuff on every morning made it look much worse. Thanks god I didn't live in a cold climate. My pony tail cold have hurt someone.

:dead: :lachen: :dead: again.............

:yep: they sure do still wear that. I never understood why? It's SEE-THROUGH!

Oh well, don't forget the "Struggle Bun". :lol: I don't remember which member, but that's what an LHCF member used to call her buns before her hair grew out when a ponytail and bun were little nub sized. :lol:

Another fan ponytail victim here. But of course I had to jazz it up with the fan bangs-lifted at the root and shellacked with a delightful mixture of White Rain hair spray and brown protein gel. :nono: In high school (and for a little longer too) I thought Ampro was my saviour. :lachen:

noooooo! :lol: I've SEEN girls with those bangs to match!

OH Yea!!! I forgot the mocrwave ponies.. I melted so many rollers by putting that crap in the microwave.. I got in trouble for that soooo many times//lmao

what's a microwave ponie?

Back