I asked for space and I feel heartsick

leona2025

Last night me and Dh went to play pool for New Years and we weren't there for 30 minutes before we left because of arguing. So I told Dh the truth about how I was feeling and that I need space and he agreed. He is going to rent a room for a week or stay with friend.

He feels this is all happening because I didn't go out enough when I was younger and now I want to and he doesn't because he did and he tired of it. I know that I feel heartbroken even though I ask for this and when DH starts packing I don't that I can let him go. I don't know why I'm crying when I asked for this. I haven't been without him 1 night in 6 years.And I love him so much. We agreed we should see a marriage counselor and that we gonna see each other and kinda date each other and get to know each other again, but it just hurt me so bad.

Yea, I am also sorry that you are hurting, Leona2025. I think that you opting to have a little time to yourself was a good idea so that you can think things through. I also think that it is such a good step in the right direction that you have decided to go through marriage counseling. That was a good idea on your part!

I'm sorry Leona. All of these changes are so difficult but you have to realize that if neither one of you did anything different, then everything would stay the same. This may be just the thing you need to get the ball rolling. I hope your counseling does the trick for you. Sometimes it is hard to see a situation when you are in it but taking some space, stepping back and looking at things from a different angle leads to a new perspective. All the best things for you in 2011!!

Just make sure you let him know that you love him and what you are feeling right now. I am glad he is willing to work it out. He is a keeper in my book. Go together the marriage counsellor and pray to God want you want. Also go out with your girlfriends when he is not in the mood or by yourself. Then plan your outings which you both of you commit to and agree to keep. It will work out, please don't worry. Just make sure he knows you are still into him and want him in your life.

(((( Leona ))))
Sorry, I take back what I posted a few minutes ago. I forgot about your previous thread. I don't have any suggestions, just hope things work out for you.

Last edited:
Ok y'all so DH goes out at 1030am this morning to look for a room. I called him and he said he didn't find a room yet, but he window shopping. WTF? I'm curled up in bawling my eyes out and you window shopping?

Ok y'all so DH goes out at 1030am this morning to look for a room. I called him and he said he didn't find a room yet, but he window shopping. WTF? I'm curled up in bawling my eyes out and you window shopping?

They're some real "different" creatures Leona. That's why we love them.

You have to realize you hurt him, right, so he will not tell you how he is hurting as well. Men act differently than women. We are more emotion and they seem to be more fact. I hope your marriage can be saved, because you really love him. :yep: In effect, he gave you what you asked for. I guess you didn't think it would hurt you so much.

Back