HUGE Siggies...What's up with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with exoticmommie. If you don't want pictures in the siggies that big then u change the requirements so that people get an error when they upload a pic that big.

U have to consider that, as someone mentioned before, there are lot of non-internet savvy users here who probably upload their pictures straight from the cameras with little to no editing. My camera's images begin at 2000x2000 so u can imagine how big that would be.

There should be more explanation as to how to enhance ones siggy. Everytime I try to change my siggy it gives me an error. I made a pikistrip and I can't figure out how to attach it to my siggy like everyone else. Plus, everytime I tried to add more text, they tell me I'm surpassing the 5 line limit. I only have one pic and one line?!

So I personally would like to see the siggy requirements reevaluated or further explained.

BTW, I've never seen a siggy as big as the OP and others here are mentioning. And u keep saying "well u weren't here when they addressed this before, there were a lot of huge siggies out here!" Well, if all of those "huge" siggies are no longer here for us "newbies" to witness...why are u complaining? :ohwell:

Edit* Ha, I figured out the pikistrips thing. Yay! :)

Last edited:
It seems that we are going through this every year. I was hoping that people would be more respectful to others that do not enjoy broadband.

The rules have not changed. Big signatures are not allowed as a courtesy to all members.

I will write this one more time.

1. Create your signature
2. Post something (even a test post in the Q&A forum)
3. Go to your post
4. If your signature occupies more than 1/4th of the visible window - chop it.

Simple as that.

I will be running the delete big signatures script very soon. Whoever sees their signature disappear, well it was too big. Please do not open tickets as to whether your signature is big or not. Read the above 4 steps and you will be ok.

Members that do not comply with the rules will receive infractions and suspension of their account and in some cases permanent bans.

That's all well and good but this only applies when someone loads their signature picture onto the server. If you use a link, the sky is the limit. You can link a photo that forces people to scroll horizontally.

Also - I keep signatures off and this was well before I was interested in looking at LHCF on my mobile device. The fact of the matter is someone having a huge photo of them in their signature is not impressive nor neccessary. This is not Match.com (I don't think) and some of the photos with come hither stares or in a skimpy outfit, I guess to show off their hairstyle, isn't required nor do most people care to see this mess. It becomes distracting to the person browsing the site and then I'm forced to answer 20 questions if anyone walks by me and happens to see someone posing nekkid in their shower with droplets of water everywhere.

YOU, my dear - are my NEW BEST FRIEND. :lachen::lachen::lachen:I was actually waiting on somebody to mention that!!! What is UP with that, anyway?!?! I won't name names, but come on - a hot tub? With candles? And bubbles? REALLY? Uh - you do realize, this site is ALL women, right? :look:

YOU, my dear - are my NEW BEST FRIEND. :lachen::lachen::lachen:I was actually waiting on somebody to mention that!!! What is UP with that, anyway?!?! I won't name names, but come on - a hot tub? With candles? And bubbles? REALLY? Uh - you do realize, this site is ALL women, right? :look:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:You neva know girl. They tryna kick they game just in case there are some male lurkers out there.

Are you serious?

I don't even know what to say about that one.

I won't name names, but come on - a hot tub? With candles? And bubbles? REALLY? Uh - you do realize, this site is ALL women, right? :look:

It gets outrageous. I'll look back up at my address bar to make sure where I am. That was back before I just turned all siggies off. My browsing is much more pleasant now that I'm not forced to look at people's modeling portfolio while I browse.

I remember seeing some animated blowing kisses and some shower photoshoots and I'm seeing people go about their business in threads talking like we're not being forced to see this. I'm sitting here like :blush::look::ohwell::nono::sad::rolleyes: and they are like "yeah girl I like to use the 2 step Aphogee about a month after my touch up to prevent reversion".

It gets outrageous. I'll look back up at my address bar to make sure where I am. That was back before I just turned all siggies off. My browsing is much more pleasant now that I'm not forced to look at people's modeling portfolio while I browse.

I remember seeing some animated blowing kisses and some shower photoshoots and I'm seeing people go about their business in threads talking like we're not being forced to see this. I'm sitting here like :blush::look::ohwell::nono::sad::rolleyes: and they are like "yeah girl I like to use the 2 step Aphogee about a month after my touch up to prevent reversion".
:lachen::lachen:I don't think i've seen anything like this. Blowing kisses:blush: I'm gonna have to pay more attention to people's siggies.

STOP. Just STOP, okay?!?! I can't take no more - you got me in here CRYIN'!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

OMG you just don't know how relieved I am! I thought I was the only one on the board thinking "WTF?!?!?!?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back