How would you deal with this guy????

beana

Ive known this guy for 9 months, we've had our ups and downs. This past Friday was the final straw. He breaks our plans (which he confirmed earlier that day) without notice, I mean he doesnt even call to tell me he cant come pick me up. The next day he had the NERVE to text me like nothing happened, he did the same this morning. I havent responded because i honestly have nothing to say. Ive decide i cant deal with his sometimey attitude... He goes from hot to cold way too often and i cant wait around for my "turn".

NOW for my question: I usually just completely ignore men and stop ALL contact cold. I certainlly dont feel like i owe this man an explanation or anything... but how would you go about eliminating this guy from your life? Just cold or as my dad calls it "nice-nasty"?

Btw, we have a similiar social circle, so i KNOW ill bump into him sooner than later.

Ive known this guy for 9 months, we've had our ups and downs. This past Friday was the final straw. He breaks our plans (which he confirmed earlier that day) without notice, I mean he doesnt even call to tell me he cant come pick me up. The next day he had the NERVE to text me like nothing happened, he did the same this morning. I havent responded because i honestly have nothing to say. Ive decide i cant deal with his sometimey attitude... He goes from hot to cold way too often and i cant wait around for my "turn".

NOW for my question: I usually just completely ignore men and stop ALL contact cold. I certainlly dont feel like i owe this man an explanation or anything... but how would you go about eliminating this guy from your life? Just cold or as my dad calls it "nice-nasty"?

Btw, we have a similiar social circle, so i KNOW ill bump into him sooner than later.

He doesn't deserve and explanation. He is a JACKA$$ and not worth the breath it would take to talk to him.

Really either way will work
Since he could text like it was nothing you can be friendly but casually start dating someone who can show you more respect. I think being cold nasty is cool but it might bring drama as he'll probably want another chance, an explanation, to argue, and so on. But then again I'm a bit too nice and you dont seem to have a problem giving him his walking papers.

I would continue to do exactly what you are doing. Ignore him and xxx him completely out of you life.

When you see him, be cordial, don't have an attitude, act the same way he does, just like nothing happened. Since you share the same social circle, he is going to be looking for someone to give him the 411 on what's up with you. Dont feed them. Dont speak about it to anybody who is friends with him. Like you said you dont own him anything and he did'nt respect you enough to give you one.

I guarantee in 2 weeks from now,he will be going crazy, calling and texting trying to figure out what it is that he "did".

Dont respond.

I would continue to do exactly what you are doing. Ignore him and xxx him completely out of you life.

When you see him, be cordial, don't have an attitude, act the same way he does, just like nothing happened. Since you share the same social circle, he is going to be looking for someone to give him the 411 on what's up with you. Dont feed them. Dont speak about it to anybody who is friends with him. Like you said you dont own him anything and he did'nt respect you enough to give you one.

I guarantee in 2 weeks from now,he will be going crazy, calling and texting trying to figure out what it is that he "did".

Dont respond.

really good advice!!

completely ignore him and if/when you run into him in your circle, be as sweet as ever - but have no time to talk to him. very "Hi, how are you...good to see you...gotta run..." and keep it moving.

If he didn;t have the decency to call you and tell you he wasnt coming, then he isn't good enough for one either.

Ditto!

I had this same issue with a guy once and that's exactly what I did. Disappeared of the face of the earth.

It takes 2 seconds to pick up the phone and say "hey I can't make it", so I don't accept any excuses when it comes to this.

Put yourself in his shoes... if it were you and you broke plans numerous times with someone you were seeing, wouldn't that mean that you could really care less about this person's feelings, and were probably trying to let them off the hook or give them a reason to dump you? Wouldn't it mean that you weren't really as into the person as they might be into you?
I wouldn't give him a second thought because he's obviously not giving you much thought.

As for me, I'd just cut off contact. If he got in touch and I was bored enough with nothing else to do I'd respond in a manner that would convey my feelings.
He'll know he's wasting my time getting in touch.

Update: he called me from a blocked number (my parents/family always call private).

Asked how i was doing, gave him the "im fine".
He asks: "What on the agenda this week? wanna catch a movie, play pool, or something?"
Me: "I'm pretty busy this week."
Him: "Ohhhhh, its like that?"
Me: " You know how it is... everything just seems to pick up all at once u know?"
Him: "Do you watch (some tv show)?"
Me: "no, but it sounds cool. Listen, ill keep you posted. goodnight"

I dont feel like the back and forth with this guy. nor do i want him to feel like im playing games, because im not... I'm just seriously turned off by his actions/ attitude.

Update: he called me from a blocked number (my parents/family always call private).

He asks: "What on the agenda this week? wanna catch a movie, play pool, or something?"
Me: " You know how it is... everything just seems to pick up all at once u know?"

I dont feel like the back and forth with this guy. nor do i want him to feel like im playing games, because im not... I'm just seriously turned off by his actions/ attitude.

So far, you on the right track. He will get the hint soon enough.

Great Job! I guarantee you if he turns out to be a decent guy, he will respect you in the future and will think twice before attempting this crap again!

Dont respond.

I agree totally!

You've already decided that you don't want to deal with him anymore, so stop all communication. Be cordial when you see him, but keep it short.

And for goodness sakes do not 'drunk call' him and tell him how much you liked him, but he messed up a good thing by being a jerk.:lachen:

B, I'm in the same situation as you. Just go cold as ice. You act lukewarm and he'll think he still has a chance.

Back