How well do you get to know the family?

I do think it's important to get to know and get along with the family.

I can tell you that my 26 year old self was young and dumb and didn't realize until recently was an impact it has on children. Children deserve to be raised in a good family if you can help it. I tell my children this. You not only marry the person but you marry the family.

I have a question -

You wrote that you went to his mother's house pretending to be a Salesperson, right?

What were you going to tell her, once she recognized you as the Salesperson, when he took you to officially meet her?

You wrote that he caught you at his mom's house and physically (I hope you weren't harmed) threw you out but what were your plans had you not been found out?

I don't get close to anyone's family that I am dating but I am cordial to them. I observe and get informed about mom/dad as parents but that's it.

I have a question -

You wrote that you went to his mother's house pretending to be a Salesperson, right?

What were you going to tell her, once she recognized you as the Salesperson, when he took you to officially meet her?

You wrote that he caught you at his mom's house and physically (I hope you weren't harmed) threw you out but what were your plans had you not been found out?

I don't get close to anyone's family that I am dating but I am cordial to them. I observe and get informed about mom/dad as parents but that's it.

I was wondering that too. Chocolatelove2010, no offense, but you seem a little bit ................. well, I'll just say different.

There's one guy I particularly like. I'm physically attracted to him, and I'm attracted to his bank figures. I still need to get to know his personality a bit more... but everythings perfect so far.

I managed to get hold of his address, and his mums details. It's very important for me to date the family before I date the man. I went to his mothers house, and pretended to be a sales woman. I complimented her, and got into a conversation. She brought me tea, and things were going perfect. Next thing I know the door bell rang, and he came in.. he freaked out and called me crazy. He then proceeded to pick me up and throw me out the house.

I'm sure he didn't mean it, and he's just not used to a strong woman like me. Anyhuu I've managed to get hold of his fathers adress (his parents are separated) and I plan to do the same. I have a list of his close relatives, and sometime next week, I'll do the same with his siblings. Once, I'm happy with his family.. I'll let him know he passed, and then me and him can go on our romantic date.

:nono2::shhh::shhh::shhh: Please don't tell people you did that. People are going to think you are crazy!!! And please do not visit anyone in his family's house.

Last edited:
I have a question -

I would tell her it's fate, and I am a gift from God.

Thanks for your concern, but no I wasn't harmed. I was too busy enjoying him holding me in his strong arms :grin:

Well, whatever works for you ey.

Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah? I don't think that situation could wrapped up in a neat little package like that, CL2010. If the Mom recognised you she most likely would've said so in the presence of her son who then would've had some serious questions and in LHCF speak, given you the side-eye, amongst other things.

As far as enjoying being in his strong arms - him picking you up to put you out of his mom's house and you actually enjoying it - Girl, I'm not one for rough-housing and bear hugs LOL! I'd prefer to be caressed not toted and dumped like a bag of garbage.

Are you still on speaking terms with this guy?

i think this is a case of putting the cart before the horse... i know it's important to get to know the family, but don't you think you should focus on the man 1st? i mean ultimately he is the one you will/would be in the relationship with, right? what if the family turns out to be lovely and he's a jerk?

I would tell her it's fate, and I am a gift from God. Thanks for your concern, but no I wasn't harmed. I was too busy enjoying him holding me in his strong arms :grin:

Well, whatever works for you ey.

Different strokes for different folks.

Sounds like the only hold you need is a 72 hour hold.

THINK?!?

She is crazy! And the scary thing is that she think it's a sane and normal thing to do, cause she's planning to do the rest of the family too.

This is some Lifetime Movie ****!!!:nono:

Girl, you need some professional help.......and I hope that man knows how to run fast! :yep: He needs to stay far away from you.

At this point, you can pop out and say "just kidding!" and I would not believe you, cause you got 'seriously crazy' written all over your post.

:nono2::shhh::shhh::shhh: Please don't tell people you did that. People are going to think you are crazy!!! And please do not visit anyone in his family's house.

well, i'm not tryin to say you're crazy, but i can understand his reaction. why did you feel you had to sneak and get to know them? why did you not wait until he brought you around to get to know the family? thats how most couples do it. :ohwell:

There's one guy I particularly like. I'm physically attracted to him, and I'm attracted to his bank figures. I still need to get to know his personality a bit more... but everythings perfect so far.

I managed to get hold of his address, and his mums details. It's very important for me to date the family before I date the man. I went to his mothers house, and pretended to be a sales woman. I complimented her, and got into a conversation. She brought me tea, and things were going perfect. Next thing I know the door bell rang, and he came in.. he freaked out and called me crazy. He then proceeded to pick me up and throw me out the house.

I'm sure he didn't mean it, and he's just not used to a strong woman like me. Anyhuu I've managed to get hold of his fathers adress (his parents are separated) and I plan to do the same. I have a list of his close relatives, and sometime next week, I'll do the same with his siblings. Once, I'm happy with his family.. I'll let him know he passed, and then me and him can go on our romantic date.

this was awesome girl

thanks for the laugh

time for some
258Troll_spray.jpg

Back