How to mingle . . .

You see a cutie in a circle of other folks. Do you . . .

• Go over and talk to him.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Go over and stand near him, putting yourself easily in his line of sight.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Perch yourself somewhere and wait for him to talk to you.

• Other (please explain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glib Gurl

You're at a night spot. You are looking cute. You are surrounded by lots of other cute guys and gals. You're a little on the shy side, but you see someone who has caught your eye. There are a number of other females chatting him up. Or perhaps he's with his boys, tossing back a drink. Do you . . .

1. Go over and talk to him.
2. Go over and stand near him, putting yourself easily in his line of sight.
3. Perch yourself somewhere and wait for him to come talk to you.

it is hard to say, but I give an inviting glance and a smile if I am interested in a man...

the rest is on him

Well, I'm removing the "little on the shy side" part from my scenario buuuuut... I think I stay where I am and make eye contact, multiple times if necessary. We all know what eye contact means. If I don't know him or his friends, I'm not going to lurk around in the background or go up to him without invitation.

Eye contact, shy smile (hold for 2 seconds), and demurely sip my drink and not pay attention to him anymore.

If he approaches, he approaches. If not, I'm on to the next!

depends on the event and my mood. I will walk up and start talking to him. or just catch his eye and smile so he knows it's "ok" to come walk up and talk to me.

depends on the event and my mood. I will walk up and start talking to him. or just catch his eye and smile so he knows it's "ok" to come walk up and talk to me.
Exactly. I'm not against walking up and saying hello - complimenting his tie, his cologne, if he's near a tv asking him the score of the game, what he's drinking etc. And other scenarios I'll wait for him to make the move. It really just depends on where I'm at and how I'm feeling...

When I was out there doing it, I would walk up...'accidently' bump him, touch his back or arm lightly, when he turned, I would say "Excuse me"....if he is interested he wont let you get away....

Get in his line of sight. Then smile and laugh like I am having a great time, and hopefully we make eye contact.
At that point , I flirt with my eyes. Its up to him at that point. It usually works like a charm.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Back