How To Attract A Rich Man

Been out and about. Dating a Wall Street financier/Columbia MBA grad. We'll see how this goes -he's a bit of a dork, but sweet :look:

kblc06 Where are you meeting people in Atl (if you don't mind me asking)? I just moved here a few weeks ago and I am looking for nice places to go out. I've met a few guys so far but I really have no idea of where to go.

kblc06 Where are you meeting people in Atl (if you don't mind me asking)? I just moved here a few weeks ago and I am looking for nice places to go out. I've met a few guys so far but I really have no idea of where to go.

kblc06 and LBoogie85 I would like to know also. I have been in ATL a year, you LBoogie85 I have met a few guys but not the caliber I am looking for. Lol

@kblc06 and @LBoogie85 I would like to know also. I have been in ATL a year, you LBoogie85 I have met a few guys but not the caliber I am looking for. Lol

Oh no problem. I'm an introvert/hermit to the max, so online dating works for me for the most part, BUT you have to sift through a lot of boogerbears lol :lol::look:. I also usually hang out and about in Buckhead/Downtown/Midtown/Dunwody/Alpharetta. These are generally wealthy areas to meet available people. I have no qualms about going out solo because I prefer my alone time.

I only moved here about 2 years ago, and I've only been living on my own for the past few months so that I can meet people. PM if you want to link up some time or for local events in the area.

hair in a messy nappy bun sides not slicked back
no makeup except for drawn on eyebrows
simple black knee length cap sleeve dress
gold plate belt
rounded toe black patent leather shoes (think Minnie mouse)
giant black coach work purse

this is how I walked into happy hour yesterday. stood at the corner of the bar looking for a spot and texting my friend

within 5min I was given a chair was offered food and had 2 of the Energy Executives/ Brokers having a meeting on what I should drink because when offered I told him to choose something for me. While trying to figure me out one said you look like you like nice things I said I do (I thought I was going to have to post in the gold digging thread but I wasn't in the mood for my regular foolishness) but left it at that.

Long story short my friend and I had happy hour then dinner with 6 very handsome wealthy men no strings attached no numbers exchanged just because.

The moral of the story is you have to go where the rich men are in order to attract them this was a steak/seafood spot.

**PP was not ashamed to ask for stock tips they all said buy natural gas but then again that's the industry they were in

How do you dress in the winter? I'm all about being warm and it's 30 degrees here. What type of coat do you suggest? I love these trench coats but do they come in thicker material?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1122350701.jpg
    image-1122350701.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 107
How do you dress in the winter? I'm all about being warm and it's 30 degrees here. What type of coat do you suggest? I love these trench coats but do they come in thicker material?

Yes i love the shape and I have a trench just like this would be nice if thicker! toyas08 - you can also post this in the Sense and Sensuality thread The ladies in there are helpful

PretteePlease - i love your posts as well I've claimed you as my older sister in my head

toyas08 stephluv
Express 50% off everything: http://www.express.com/clothing/wool+blend+fit+and+flare+trench+coat/pro/8942420/cat2007

New York and Company:
Love this one! http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/prod/Apparel/Outerwear/Wool-Blend-Double-Breasted-Trench

This will by $39.99 on friday: http://www.nyandcompany.com/nyco/prod/Apparel/Outerwear/Belted-Wool-Blend-Peacoat

There are heavy wool coats of that material. I like to go for at least 70% wool! because I'm not trying to have the low quality wool start looking like a lint infestation (learned my lesson once).
In the winter I used to love wearing sheer or opaque black tights with skirts and dresses. Boots, too. Especially if I can take a summer or fall dress and layer it up for winter.

stephluv, sorry just noticed typo in my previous message. I meant that there are wool coats in that same feminine shape/style with the cinched waist and wide pleated skirt.

Err I love this

tumblr_mws5blcWA61qgrl28o1_250.gif

tumblr_mws5blcWA61qgrl28o2_250.gif

tumblr_mws5blcWA61qgrl28o4_250.gif

tumblr_mws5blcWA61qgrl28o3_250.gif

hair in a messy nappy bun sides not slicked back
no makeup except for drawn on eyebrows
simple black knee length cap sleeve dress
gold plate belt
rounded toe black patent leather shoes (think Minnie mouse)
giant black coach work purse

this is how I walked into happy hour yesterday. stood at the corner of the bar looking for a spot and texting my friend

within 5min I was given a chair was offered food and had 2 of the Energy Executives/ Brokers having a meeting on what I should drink because when offered I told him to choose something for me. While trying to figure me out one said you look like you like nice things I said I do (I thought I was going to have to post in the gold digging thread but I wasn't in the mood for my regular foolishness) but left it at that.

Long story short my friend and I had happy hour then dinner with 6 very handsome wealthy men no strings attached no numbers exchanged just because.

The moral of the story is you have to go where the rich men are in order to attract them this was a steak/seafood spot.

**PP was not ashamed to ask for stock tips they all said buy natural gas but then again that's the industry they were in

Bam!
The truth.

The cashmere blend trench in my avatar has been like a magnet it is 3/4 length and I met a man wearing it on xmas eve we have gone on 2 dates since. He said "you are well dressed and I can tell you are used to nice things" :look: well if he thinks so :giggle:

I went out last night with a tech dude at the director level yesterday
I went out with a oil/gas sales/ real estate investor Saturday
the 26th I went out with chemical sales dude then we went out out the 27th to see 12yrs a slave

It is so funny because all of these dudes have money but the only one that I have seen this entire year with a nice car is Trinny (eta forgot about Porsche dude his was the best). Yeah he is still in the pic but he told me he is scared and ain't nobody got time for that. Last time I saw him it was about 11pm(we happened to be in the same area and spoke for a few minutes) and I asked if he had been on a date he told me to come to his car. I got in and the laptop was on his dash. He said that's where I was. (at work) Then had the nerve to ask me why it wouldn't be ok for him to be on a date but I went on a date with Porsche dude. I told him cause I'm territorial and I'm not here for his runaway lover bull. If you won't make time for me the next man will. I think I'm starting to be over him. He is letting too much time pass between seeing me. Does he not know what a great catch I am?

During xmas I was seeing all types of men at the bar at Saks 5th right outside of the men's shoe department. I didn't have time for acting up. Later that day I did go to the restaurant at Saks and saw they had a happy hour Ladies if your Saks has a dining spot you might want to hit it up.

Upscale shopping---->Upscale Men

CurlyMoo I think the jackets are cute but a 3/4 length might be better I paired mine with similarly colored knee high boots it was like a hot knife through butter I even got compliments from women.

Last edited:
PretteePlease, at risk of this coming out the wrong way (though not my intention), why do men keep telling you that you look like you like nice things? That's such a weird thing to say to a woman. I'm starting to think it reads like a backhanded compliment, like suggesting you're a kept woman or something.

I could be reading into this too much, but if I am well-dressed and can be found in refined settings, why should it be pointed out that I'm there at all? It's a "duh" comment. If I look like I fit in, then why should my presence deserve a comment? That's like when a black person is in a predominantly white area, and some bold white person comes up to them and says: "fun place, huh? You come here often?" <<what does it matter to you?

I feel like I'd be a little turned off by a man who mentions my appreciation for nice things. My clothing and the way I carry myself should speak for themselves and don't need that kind of commentary. If he reeeally wants to confirm that I like nice things, he should present a nice gift and watch my reaction:lol:

CarLiTa I am slow to burn so that didn't come off wrong at all. I don't know why people say that to me. It is not only black men or white men that say it. On my second date with Trinny we went to get massages. When we got redressed my tag was sticking out and he made it a point not just to tuck it in but to read the label and constantly asks me "who" I'm wearing. I find it a lil strange myself but if find myself in repeat situations like that all of the time. For instance in Zumba. No matter where I go some instructor decides to CHALLANGE, and someone makes a comment about my butt, and someone makes sure they tell me I did a good job (as if surprised that I kept up in the class because I'm fat :giggle: )

Carlita on some level I think it is insecurity or thinking that based on my appearance I will have a level of expectations that they may not be willing to meet even if they have the means to.

That being said I'm not a label whore I wear what I like it might be from Walmart and it might be from Nordstrom's Rack and if I'm really lucky it came from the thrift store on the discount day :lachen:

The cashmere blend trench in my avatar has been like a magnet it is 3/4 length and I met a man wearing it on xmas eve we have gone on 2 dates since. He said "you are well dressed and I can tell you are used to nice things" :look: well if he thinks so :giggle:

the 26th I went out with chemical sales dude then we went out out the 27th to see 12yrs a slave

It is so funny because all of these dudes have money but the only one that I have seen this entire year with a nice car is Trinny (eta forgot about Porsche dude his was the best). Yeah he is still in the pic but he told me he is scared and ain't nobody got time for that. Last time I saw him it was about 11pm(we happened to be in the same area and spoke for a few minutes) and I asked if he had been on a date he told me to come to his car. I got in and the laptop was on his dash. He said that's where I was. (at work) Then had the nerve to ask me why it wouldn't be ok for him to be on a date but I went on a date with Porsche dude. I told him cause I'm territorial and I'm not here for his runaway lover bull. If you won't make time for me the next man will. I think I'm starting to be over him. He is letting too much time pass between seeing me. Does he not know what a great catch I am?

During xmas I was seeing all types of men at the bar at Saks 5th right outside of the men's shoe department. I didn't have time for acting up. Later that day I did go to the restaurant at Saks and saw they had a happy hour Ladies if your Saks has a dining spot you might want to hit it up.

@CurlyMoo I think the jackets are cute but a 3/4 length might be better I paired mine with similarly colored knee high boots it was like a hot knife through butter I even got compliments from women.

I wouldn't get the first, because that can easily get dirty, but the second one is really nice!

That's the shape I was alluding to, but the length is too short. That's a peacoat, and I was thinking more mid-thigh or longer.

@ PP & CL

PP Can I see the a full length photo of your coat please? Or an example. I want to know exactly what type to get. :yep:

I did buy the coats on Black Friday at Carsons. Tried on a lot of coats actually and these stood out and felt right. Both are wool and very warm. And I've always wanted a pea coat.:grin: I did not see any trench coats however. I have to be careful, certain coats make me look awkward. Especially the belted coats. :nono:

I will look for a nice trench late winter early spring. The cream one meets my thighs.

I have received multiple compliments when wearing both coats. Mainly from women. :ohwell:

My sister thinks I'm going to find a man in one of them. My niece thinks I've already found someone. :look:

Well, I guess I am heading in the right direction this is what I wore last winter:

133356.jpg

Last edited:
CarLiTa People tell me this too and chuckle and I feel like that's something people need to keep to themselves. I'm definitely not rich and do not need a lot of money to live well.

I was talking to an old friend once and he said "I'm sure a lot of men feel like they can't afford you". That being said, I am from a modest background and it was implied that guys from our old neighborhood probably cannot "afford" me <-- words I would never use.

Ooh!! CurlyMoo, Yes, so glad you're getting rid of that red one!!:blush::huggle:

Banana Republic has a nice trench. I had the tan one and it fit me amazingly. I got it on sale, plus an extra 40% off and paid, like, $75 for it:yay: I think the original price is either 150 or 200.

Macys should also have a huge selection. But you'll have to do more sifting, and trying to assess the quality.

Of course, JCrew should also be excellent, but much higher priced, given the lack of real sales:rolleyes:

PretteePlease, thanks for explaining :) these people, especially the men, need to hush:giggle:
I'm curious, do you find that this focus that guys have on how you dress to ever be a barrier in developing a deeper connection? Like, are they worrying more about being able to afford dating you, or actually getting close to you. Just wondering because I can see how some men would be stuck on this superficial thing and not make an effort to relax and get deeper.

CurlyMoo I think the jackets are cute but a 3/4 length might be better I paired mine with similarly colored knee high boots it was like a hot knife through butter I even got compliments from women.

My next visit to new york i will make sure i hit you up for places to go and things to do. Your post give me life. Dang i should have known you 7 years earlier.

I'll keep coming back for more.

Back