How To Attract A Rich Man

For my Atlanta Ladies

From LSA:

Quote:
Apart from being the capital of the U. S state of Georgia, Atlanta is also the most important economic hub in all of southeastern part of the country. This makes Atlanta home to many wealthy and successful people among which there are sure to be some singles as well. So if you are looking forward to meeting rich men in Atlanta here are few ideas to try out.

Look in the right professions
The mainstay of Atlanta’s economy are the corporate and finance sectors. The city is only behind New York City, Houston and Dallas in the largest number of 500 Fortune companies headquartered within city limits. Several major national and multinational companies have their headquarters in Atlanta or its nearest suburbs. In fact Over 75% of the Fortune 1000 companies have a presence in the Atlanta area, and the region hosts offices of about 1,250 multinational corporations. As a major corporate hub, therefore Atlanta is home to some of the richest CEOs, CFOs and other equally successful executives in this part of the country. Most of them easily make more than a million a year, not to mention performance incentives and other lifestyle perks. So in case you want to hook up with a wealthy date in Atlanta, you may want to begin your search with the movers and shakers of the corporate world. The Downtown business districts, the CNN Center and suburbs like Sandy Springs are the places to frequent if you want to come across the hot shots of the business and corporate world in Atlanta.

Reach for the high-fliers

Another major segment of Atlanta’s economy is the airlines industry. In fact the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport in Atlanta has been the world’s busiest in terms of passenger traffic as well as operations ever since it was opened to public half a century back. Among all the carriers based in Atlanta, it is Delta Air Lines which is the most successful. Today Delta is the largest employer of the Atlanta city and the third-largest in the metropolitan area. Thus if you want to fly high with a guy from Atlanta, watch out for the big shots from the airlines industry and particularly those employed with the major carriers based in the city.

Find out where they live

Frequenting the wealthy neighborhoods offers a much better chance of mingling with the jet-setting crowd as compared to bar or pub-hopping and trusting your lucky stars to land you with a rich date. Sometimes even the wealthy like to go out for a morning run or pick up case of beer while heading home after a working day. Thus supermarkets, parks and coffee shops in rich residential areas are the places to hang out if you would like to be noticed by its wealthy residents. In Atlanta among the neighborhoods with a million dollar-plus households are Buckhead, known locally as the Beverly Hills of Atlanta along with a large part of North-Central Fulton County, the upcoming Atlantic Station as well as Virginia Highlands, Candler Park, Inmar Park, Midtown and the eclectic mix of Little Five Points. According to a 2007 January Trend Radar report in Georgiatrend.com 1, Atlanta is the destination of one of the fastest growing millionaire population in United States. The number of households in Atlanta with $1 million or more in investable assets, apart from primary residence and consumable goods, is set to increase 69% through 2011, and touch approximately 103,000 households.

Take the help of community centers

Atlanta has one of the largest percentages of African-American population among the biggest cities in United States. According to the 2006-2008 American Community Survey, African-Americans made up almost 56% of the total population in Atlanta. The city is also home to a growing number of millionaires in the African-American community who can be found in neighborhoods like Cascade, Camp Creek Parkway, South Cobb County and Stone Mountain. Therefore those women looking for a rich partner from within this particular population segment have a better chance of getting lucky in Atlanta as compared to many other American cities where the richest are mostly whites. Neighborhood Churches and events organized by them, especially fundraisers, might be a good way of getting to know the richest guys in your community. Atlanta in fact is a major base of traditionally African American denominations such as the National Baptist Convention as well as the African Methodist Episcopal Church.

Upscale Hang-outs

In order to meet the richest singles, it is crucial to know where they hang out for recreation. You are unlikely to have much luck if you try to chat up a company executive just as he is entering his office on a full working day. Rather wait till he relaxes with a drink late in the evening which is also the time when most of these corporate honchos network with clients and build business connections. Alternatively frequent the most exclusive nightspots in town over the weekends since this is the time when the rich boys are looking for some night-time action on a weekend in their favorite nightclubs. Most of the upper end pubs, bars and nightclubs in Atlanta are located in the Buckhead, Virginia Highlands or the Midtown areas. Buckhead in fact is estimated to have around three hundred nightclubs fully operational at any one time of which the Blue Room, Gold Room, Moon dogs, the Tongue and Groove are popular with the jet-setting crowd while the Cheetah Lounge and Opera in Midtown is especially a favorite with Atlanta’s exclusive patrons. Coffee shops and restaurants in the Midtown and Downtown like the Dining Room at Ritz Carlton’s Buckhead, Café Dupri, Buckhead Diner and Seeger’s are other places where the most successful executives and financiers from the city’s business districts might want to grab a quick bite or a latte during lunch hours.
Finding rich man to date is as much the result of hard work as a matter of luck. So while you head for the right places to come across successful singles, it would also be a good idea to cultivate a sense of style and a personality which would make you stand out from the crowd.
How to Meet Rich Men in Atlanta | Futurescopes.com

Good article.

I lived in East Atlanta (Inman and Candler Park) and the only rich men I saw were white men. The black men in that area are mostly natives living with their great aunt...but I don't have an issue dating outside my race which is why I love the area so much -- but I hate how crowded the Krogers (I20 & Moreland) has become now.

My favorite spot would have to be I75 & Howell Mill...not over saturated with other single women; yet plenty of RICH men driving exotic cars, single, and ready to mingle :blowkiss:

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?: Atlanta millionaires are a dime a dozen these days. Claritas, a West Coast demographics research firm, lists the Metro Atlanta area as having 60,799 millionaires, comprising almost 3 percent of the region's total households. Claritas' forecasters say Atlanta will lead the nation in the production of new millionaires during the next five years, with a growth rate of about 69 percent. Some of these deep pockets are home grown; others belong to emigres attracted by Georgia's pleasant business climate, as well as some excellent hard assets. "The airport is a draw," says Kristin Diver, assistant director of the Economic Forecasting Center at Georgia State University. "As is a vibrant medical community."

Atlanta's professional sports community has produced a wealth of millionaires. And the boom-to-bust '90s notwithstanding, "people are still creating a lot of [high-tech] companies here," Diver says. "And compared to other large cities, real estate here is relatively inexpensive even in the millionaire category."
http://www.georgiatrend.com/January-2007/Trend-Radar-January-2007/

ThePerfectScore - thanks for the feedback and for asking PP what site *we in there*

PretteePlease- happy your mentioned online dating I was wondering if I should take that route next I dont even put up pics on here tho so I dont know about putting up pics on a dating site But you did encourage me with your story
p.s. I had high hopes for Trini but umm yea dude must think you got time for the runarounds smh

So I took a little adventure in the land of rich men.

Last night had a impromptu girls night. It was originally just me and my VIB, but then we invited 2 other girls. I figured we'd just go grab a bite to eat then hang out at a dive bar.

We end up in Buckhead (we go there often) and while bar hopping I walked ahead of the group. We walked passed this swanky bar. When I walked passed I saw a group of men in suits sitting outside having a drink. A very attractive black guy caught my eye, but once my ratchet drunk friends walked up we went to our original destination.

I still had that swanky place in the back of my mind. I thought about this thread and how sometimes you gotta fly solo. For the sake of safety, I asked one of the girls to go take a walk with me to the other place. [The sake of safety wasn't fully enforced that night... :look: but I mean we let a ton of people know where we were every step of the way...]

Immediately, we walk in, and I am at home. A bunch of suits in small clusters laughing and talking. The place was packed. The DJ was playing top hip hop/ rap music... 2 Chainz, Drake, Jay-Z, etc. I texted the others, "The place next door is really classy with ratchet music. You can smell the 401(k)s in this piece!" I beeline it to the back of the bar. It's pretty small. When I walk in the black guy that caught my eye stood up and came in, but he never made his way to me, so I let it go.

So the girl I was with is a very thin, waif-like with neck length relaxed hair. She was wearing a simple sheath black dress black tights and black pumps. I let her borrow my silver and lime green jeweled necklace, but other than that she looked rather plain. I felt some kind of way when a guy immediately started chatting her up, not even acknowledging me. So I just asked if I could take the seats behind him. So I sat down looking carefree, high fashion, and slightly bored yet enjoying the music.

*The DJ was everything* The ratchet music spoke to my soul. The decor was very nice, like a luxurious hunting lodges.

I did have to blow out a candle b/c I had a huge afro, and didn't want a Michael Jackson Pepsi moment.

*click to enlarge any photo*

So the other 2 women come in *Toasted*. So in typical fashion they come in and in no less than 5 minutes, I find my friends gathered around this drunk white guy rapping about politics. He claimed that he was a rapping comedian.

I join the huddle the man decides to rap to me. The rest of the girls have moved on, but the rapping comedian had zoned in on me. So he was name dropping like a mo4. He kept reiterating that he lived in a pent house around the block and that he had unlimited wine. His claim to fame is that he lives 3 floors above Ludacris, and across the way from Elton John's unit and Young Jeezy's.

He finally stopped rapping and tried to engagement in drunken conversation. He kept claiming that what he says is legit. So I asked him for a business card. Director of Sales for a large wealth management and investment firm.

He introduced me to his friends there. I loved his introductions, "Isn't she beautiful?!?!" I shook hands and smiled.

Highlights of the conversation:

Him: "I'm sad."

Me: "Why are you sad?"

Him: "Because I'm old and you're young, beautiful and intelligent. Why would you ever be with me?"

Me: "The age difference doesn't bother me. We don't have to decide anything right now. Let's just get to know each other." [I turn 25 in 2 weeks. He turned 48 that day.]

Him: "I'm tired of being single. I have wealth, great career. Only thing missing is to share it with someone. Why is it so hard to meet someone smart, beautiful, intelligent, and sexy?"

He told me about his dog and how he acquired ownership. His ex-girlfriend's father bought her the dog to teach her responsibility. :perplexed He broke up with her and offered to buy the dog.

I told him there were so many red flags and problematic aspects of that story.

He agreed and lamented that it was just him and his dog. *Aww pity party* I told him to not be sad about it.

He said that he wasn't sad, but having someone in his life would make him happier.

I do think he's probably genuinely a good person because he said his goal in life is to make a positive impact in the life of anyone he interacts with. He said he never wants people to ever say that he brought negativity.

So I had planned on leaving him, leaving the ball in his court. So I put my number in his phone and called myself. He insisted that I save his name first and last. I didn't. But he made sure to lock in my name.

At this point, I was over it. I was ready to go home. I gathered my troops. But my VIB was on a level 10, so she wasn't ready to go home. The rich dude and his friend the limo driver + his friend walked out with us. Some how that lead to us getting into his limo, and the adventures ensued. :look: *So not safe. :nono: But who needs a lecture? :ohwell:*

LONG story short. The rich dude was caking hard in the car. The limo driver and the friend were quite entertaining. We drove around the city looking for some place to be because at this point it was 3:30 AM, and everyone knows ATL closes at 3.

Somehow we landed in some suspect after hours hip hop speakeasy. (We don't know the name or the actual location, so it will forever be known as Narnia amongst my friends and I. We were the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe that night.) Then Waffle House. And we were safely delivered back to our cars.

The night was completely fun. Completely unsafe, yet turned out to be safe in the end.

Came home and the Director of Sales dude checks out. So we'll see what happens. I'm not going to reach out to him.

I wasn't following The Rules to the T. But I at least kept it light and breezy. I did ask him if he had kids considering I didn't want to date someone who has children my age or older. I broke a lot of the rules... but at least when he asked to kiss me, I said No firmly. His advances were not granted.

He was turnt all the way up, but I'd like to see how he is sober. His two friends were cool, so we made plans to keep in touch with them. Plus I'll use the limo driver's company for my events.

Sorry for the long post, but I figured it might be worth the read and keep this thread alive!

Such a cute story. I love the photos too.

Did I mention I felt something when he hugged me. Not like a boner or anything but an emotional connection. Maybe I was just being hormonal. He called me and we spoke for just under an hour. He doesn't seem as stiff or republican as I first thought. We are going out this wknd.

Uh I met another one online and we are going to the movies on sat, horrible 1st date unless we go to dinner b4 or after.

where is the millionaire matchmaker when you need her?!!! I need the online version of her so I can be guided through this but thanks for the tip...partial face pic...

Ugh, my Rich Daddy Warbucks didn't work out. (He actually looks like him. :look:- no hair, King and I sorta vibe, but so cute for a middle aged white guy)

I broke my rule because I got impatient. I texted him on Tuesday, "So how was your birthday weekend?"

NO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!

Alas.... I did check out his LinkedIn profile when I got home Sunday morning at 7 AM... probably popped up that I visited his page. Forgot to turn that feature off... But hey... I like to fact check.

ANYWAY... On to the next millionaire...

I figure I'd give y'all an update Rich Daddy Warbucks.

He did respond on Thursday to a text message sent on Tuesday. He's such a "Rules Boy". I am so bad...:spank:... To be honest this text conversation should be in reverse. He should be saying what I'm saying and I should be saying what he's saying for this to be a start of a "Rules Relationship."

Prior to sending this text, my friend who was there that night said he probably didn't even remember getting my number. That's how turnt up he was...

Me: So did you enjoy your birthday weekend?

Him: I did thanks!!

Me: Good. Glad I could help you celebrate.

Him: Who is this? I have the name XYZ. Who is this?

Me: That's me. We met at the _____.

Him: I remember you! How are you?

Me: I thought you might. I'm great

My friend was right.

Blah. Erasing the number.

But this tonight is another girls night, so maybe something entertaining will come from it.

I'm not going out to meet men. I'm going out to bond with friends, so I know I'm braking the rule of going out with a group of women. Well me and two others...

To ThePerfectScore

Aww I'm sorry it didn't work out with Daddy Warbucks. It sounds like you really liked the guy. But you know what, he just wasn't right for you. You will find someone. I'm pulling for you. You are out there looking and having fun, you are already closer to finding the right guy now that the wrong one made room for him. Enjoy your time with the girls. :)

Last edited:
I met someone at Tongue & Groove the weekend after the new year. I found out he's a millionaire. He does wholesale international distribution. Some of his friends are millionaires and his cousins are millionaires. They own grocery stores, wholesale distro, and one own a bank. He's Nigerian. He's tall slender, look ok. We've been to dinner twice, and to the zoo :lol: with millionaire friend and family visiting from Nigeria. Hes at a conference this week and has been calling and texting all week. He speaks three languages, has his Masters in finance. He's also very humble. Im tall, slender and very feminine. He likes feminine women. I see that he is very busy chasing that dollar and that may be the reason he's single. I've been going with the flow so far. How should I handle this? Also his b-day is in a few weeks and he mentioned it to me. What should I do for his b-day? Any ideas...

I met someone at Tongue & Groove the weekend after the new year. I found out he's a millionaire. He does wholesale international distribution. Some of his friends are millionaires and his cousins are millionaires. They own grocery stores, wholesale distro, and one own a bank. He's Nigerian. He's tall slender, look ok. We've been to dinner twice, and to the zoo :lol: with millionaire friend and family visiting from Nigeria. Hes at a conference this week and has been calling and texting all week. He speaks three languages, has his Masters in finance. He's also very humble. Im tall, slender and very feminine. He likes feminine women. I see that he is very busy chasing that dollar and that may be the reason he's single. I've been going with the flow so far. How should I handle this? Also his b-day is in a few weeks and he mentioned it to me. What should I do for his b-day? Any ideas...

You go girl!

To ThePerfectScore

Aww I'm sorry it didn't work out with Daddy Warbucks. It sounds like you really liked the guy. But you know what, he just wasn't right for you. You will find someone. I'm pulling for you. You are out there looking and having fun, you are already closer to finding the right guy now that the wrong one made room for him. Enjoy your time with the girls. :)

CurlyMoo Yeah... I honestly think my age was the main reason. While we were talking that night he kept mentioning it.

"I'm sad...you're so young." He repeated that a good 50/11 times.

He said if he had met me 20 years earlier....

Oh well... I really wasn't bout that Sugar Daddy life.

It's all fun and games until you've got to change diapers.

Hmm wait we're talking rich men... they pay nurses for that.

:look:

Last edited:

I mean are y'all a couple? You shouldn't have to buy him anything.
PretteePlease or hollygolightly would have better advice.

I mean are y'all a couple? You shouldn't have to buy him anything.
PretteePlease or hollygolightly would have better advice.

I wouldn't feel obligated to buy a stranger a bday gift. If he has a gathering go and have a good time but other than that I don't see a reason to get a gift other than something generic like a nice wine if it's going to be at his home.

Does this Naija boy have friends in Houston :kiss3: :lachen:

Ladies and Lurkers of the thread. I would like to announce that OKcupid.com is free and it is poppin'. I made my profile this morning and I have 20+ messages in my inbox. Am I intimidatingly beautiful: yes. Am I a unicorn: but of course. Am I the best thing since sliced toast: WITHOUT QUESTION.

I resisted in posting cause some of ya'll will go into pm land and search like the :goodcop: LHCFBI :sekret: for my profile and look for fault and have my info all out on the innah nets but I'm going to share anyways.

I'm going to resist details but online seems to be the place to meet very busy nicely paid men, at least in the zip codes i'm searching :look:

Go forth and attract a rich man! Keeping and marrying them is another thread :giggle:

Ladies and Lurkers of the thread. I would like to announce that OKcupid.com is free and it is poppin'.

Ladies and Lurkers of the thread. I would like to announce that OKcupid.com is free, but it is not poppin if you live in Atlanta.

OOH too many ratchet men clogging up the inbox. You'll get 50/11 messages per day, but ooh lawd... there are very few gems.

:look:

But I'm glad when other people have success b/c I never understood using paid dating websites like Match and eHarmony when OkCupid was free, has great features and their app works amazingly. I honestly think everyone on Match should go on OkCupid b/c I've been too cheap to subscribe. LOL

Just the men are soo ratchet. I got hit on by thugs and nerds (not even the rich Bill Gates esque nerds).

But I will say if you are patient and don't mind a clogged inbox there are diamonds in the rough.

Some doctors, some software engineers, some lawyers...etc.

But there were also a lot of men whose claim to fame was "I got a job and a car". Literally that would be their opening line to me. Oh and my favorite, "I'm about my paper."

Last edited:
Ladies and Lurkers of the thread. I would like to announce that OKcupid.com is free, but it is not poppin if you live in Atlanta.

OOH too many ratchet men clogging up the inbox. You'll get 50/11 messages per day, but ooh lawd... there are very few gems.Just the men are soo ratchet. I got hit on by thugs and nerds (not even the rich Bill Gates esque nerds).

But I will say if you are patient and don't mind a clogged inbox there are diamonds in the rough.

Some doctors, some software engineers, some lawyers...etc.

But there were also a lot of men whose claim to fame was "I got a job and a car". Literally that would be their opening line to me. Oh and my favorite, "I'm about my paper."

girl it was only day one for me and I'm in the land of Oil and Energy so there are energy execs, engineers, physicians, and lawyers in excess. I have directed my mind to those with more so I'm not seeing the lack I refuse to acknowledge it if it comes my direction :giggle:

darn it!!! You lost me at the combination of those two things

1011573_10152552314492542_17570704_n.jpg

I mean call my lazy b/c I'm impressed by money. :look:

Especially self made!

Nothing sexier than a self-made millionaire.

:grin:

Last edited:
um anyone in Houston want to be hooked up with a single lawyer. He isn't rich but he has potential.....I might have to offer him up on the black love thread or did that go south and get poofed :look:

Well, I left the big city.......now living in hick town. I'm sure there has to be a rich farmer around here somewhere. :look:

At least I found the golf course and beginner golf clubs including bag.

CurlyMoo, I've decided once I get out of what I'm in, the next chapter of my life will be called, "The Cowboy and The Princess." :grin: Have to start taking riding lessons soon. :yep:

Back