How To Attract A Rich Man

I just wonder the viability of relationship that started out like that. Meeting your boyfriend at a party you attended as a married man's jumpoff.

I guess stranger things have happened.

But on the thread's topic. I met one of those "rich men" today. He was really cool even though he was much older. Really well-connected it seems. It was so random. He gave me his card, I don't know if I'll use it or not. I tend to run guys off, rich... poor and everyone in between.

Oh well.
***sanitizing ;) ***

Last edited:
I saw these posts, and they made me think of this thread:

How to dress the part on Wall Street -- this is for men, though there's probably no confusion about how to spot a visibly rich one:

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-dress-the-part-on-wall-street-2013-8

And someone posted this... saying "this is why I'm dating (insert B's name)"...:perplexed

"This is the highest earning type of interracial couple"
http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is-the-highest-earning-type-of-interracial-couple-2012-2

Didnt know whether to add this here or to the "do you try to look good" thread, anyway

So I attended one of the NYFW events. There was a fashion show..the dresses were lovely but the models were terrible. couldnt walk for ish. 90% would fail first stage of Top Model

Open bar for an hr so i hda one drink and after the show ended and the party started up this guy asked why my glass was empty. I smirked and asked him what should i have in it..then he asked what type of drinks I liked etc and I made it clear that Im not much of a drinker so he mentioned some combo to the baretender and it was actually pretty delicious. :lol: Anyway we got to talking and foiund out he's director of operations for quite a number of Sheraton Hotels. as we were talking, his friends come around..I engaged all of them, lotta laughing and just random ish.

Tell me why this shy looking little Indian girl came up to me and was like "you are so awesome" and Im like um what..she was like you're awesome! You have 3 guys clamoring over you. I totally wanna be you when I grow up."

:look:

Personally I think she was totally drunk but i laughed it off, told her she was super cute and sent her on her way before she killed my vibe :look:

Anyway back to mingling and such, he gave me his card..my GV is acting up so I didnt give him mine. His friends were flying out to Argentina the next morning so they left and we shared a cab. I got off where I parked my car and he made me promise to call him.

Oddly enough I didnt like what I decided to wear..I thought it was matronly esp for NYFW(black sleeveless knit flare dress) but 2 guys told me they loved my dress on the way there plus the Franco Sarto pumps I ordered online were comfortable (thank God)..if it comes in another color, so getting it..been a while since I havent cried in shoes 15 mins after putting them on :nono: makeup was def on point and i teased out my Belinda wig.

barbiesocialite Zaynab et are so right regarding men perferring women alone as opposed in packs :lol: dont know why I stopped going out alone..I used to do it very often years ago..aside from certain concerts dont know why I stopped.

Last edited:
As I was getting out the cab to get to my car, he was like one of then most enticing features were my cheekbones(yay Mac Gold Deposit :look:) and gap. Ugh. everytime I wanna close this bloody thing, some dude has something to say. esp the one ive been dating.

Either way its paid for, so I need to stop playing and finish up this Invisalign once and for all :ohwell:

Last edited:
^How's the Trini?

His mouth says he doesn't want to get got

His actions say get me get me!

So we have still been hanging out enjoying time together and I am still exploring my options. I you know of any single men in TX let me know.

So the national convention for black mba holders was in houston this wknd. lots of educated men prowling around

One lesson I have learned is that your mindset also has to change when you are upgrading your game.

One of my girlfriends met an Investment Banker. She is used to dating scrubs. This guy invited her to the US Open to watch Serena play. She was automatically so ticked off thinking that he was inviting her to his house to watch it on TV so she declined.

He texts her and she asks where he was and he replied Queens watching the match. She looked at us wondering what he could possibly be doing in Queens when he lived in Manhattan. He was supposed to be home watching the match on TV. She was so embarassed when she finally found out that he was actually at the match watching it live. We have never let her live this down.

One lesson I have learned is that your mindset also has to change when you are upgrading your game.

One of my girlfriends met an Investment Banker. She is used to dating scrubs. This guy invited her to the US Open to watch Serena play. She was automatically so ticked off thinking that he was inviting her to his house to watch it on TV so she declined.

He texts her and she asks where he was and he replied Queens watching the match. She looked at us wondering what he could possibly be doing in Queens when he lived in Manhattan. He was supposed to be home watching the match on TV. She was so embarassed when she finally found out that he was actually at the match watching it live. We have never let her live this down.

Ok your friend so wrong for assuming, she could have been subtle and ask question just to be clear instead of thinking the man was trying to get some. Well she passed on that opportunity and i bet there were many more men of that calibre and higher that were there. I'm not currently in NY but i watched that match and it was good! too bad for her though.

Just met the membership director of the Houston Motor Club :vette:.......private mostly men club all exotic car owners she was quite friendly and told me I should text her :woot: :driver:

Last edited:
Girl you certainly know how to work it. Let us know how it goes.

The activity on this thread has died down alot but i'm still watching for updates:grin:

it died for a reason unless you miss all the shade it got in another thread

people are more comfortable with "you know he';s wack cos.." threads

it died for a reason unless you miss all the shade it got in another thread

people are more comfortable with "you know he';s wack cos.." threads

Oh, no I didnt. Lol I rarely notice shade smh but I have noticed many weird threads have been in the queue. Just a lot of doing nothing negativity.
Well as for me I still havent navigated this small city but I planed to go to either lunch or happy hour downtown where it looks affluentish. But I have a quiz I have to study for. :look:

The quiz is at 8 im studying (or trying to) now. Plus cleaning and laundry :nono: I'm crashing after class tomorrow. I should be able to make happy hour though.

This thread caught shade there? I thought the shade was all personal, not directed towards this thread .... :look: Anyway, who cares, let this thread prosper and be great.

"What do you have on"
"You never have to worry if I'm dressed appropriately"

I can't stress how important this is to a certain type of man just had this convo this wknd. I was asking him but I think this might be helpful to the ladies in the thread. It's funny it rained here over the wknd and I just couldn't wait to bust out my favorite sweater it's cashmere but it's old as hell. When we met up he was like oh ___________. Nice! He had on a polo of the same brand. I think we are starting to think alike. Once for a date I showed up in a grey/yellow dress. He showed up in a yellow polo with grey slacks we looked like we planned it :cloud9:

I met a new dude at the Frenchy's/gas station of all places. Frenchy's is a Houston chicken shack :lachen: thank G-d I was supporting a black business instead of going to Popeye's like I wanted to. On our first date I had to pull out the digital recorder app he was dropping business knowledge. I'm looking for a come up and I love being mentored in business. Dating a rich man is not all about getting his money you need to be discussing how to increase yours.

Trini is trying to creep into my territory. We work out at his gym. But he decided to bring his tail to my gym and join me for my morning workout. African former millionaire has been gone from the gym for weeks and guess who decides to reappear on that very day :giggle: I got a call from him on Sunday saying "yeah what have you been doing besides meeting all these new men." I played coy and said oh there are no new men. Trini isn't new he made it past the 90day mark :look: Trini says he hates my gym and that people outside the 610 Loop are not ready for our interracial relationship. He said "The hateration was real" :giggle: I must admit a few souls seemed to be roasting, but when I point out Indian/Arab souls roasting he never notices or dismisses it as curiosity or the famous "my people are cheap and they stare cause staring is free" Get out of here with that you just don't want to admit Indians especially in Sugarland are racist.

PS can this thread make it to 2k b4 we let it rest in peace :sekret: update and post please it's one of the only threads I like lately

Last edited:
I've learned a lot from this thread so I'll resurrect from lurkdom share a story - been sub'd for the longest :look:

I've been stepping my game up to meet men worth my time and putting myself in places where I can meet my type - international and wealthy :grin:

So last Saturday I decide to get pretty and drag my friend out (she's Latina) to a hotel bar/lounge. I'm surprised that there's actually a lot of people there; turns out there was some internationals party - just my scene but are there any wealthy men :look: We head to the bar and my friend is trying to order our drinks. Of course it's taking forever and while at the bar I notice 2 men there - already with drink in hand. We make eye contact and so one of them bites - French guy. He's like "it's been pretty dead in here until you 2 ladies arrived. Can we buy you a drink?" :yep:

Of course we strike up convo and find out his friend is a Kiwi (LOVE their accents). Kiwi immediately positions himself to speak with me and Frenchie casually starts chatting up my friend.

Kiwi's like how do you know each other (referring to my friend) and I say we met in bschool - he's like oh, I meant Frenchie in grad school at Stanford and now I teach at a bschool. Turns out they both got Phds at Stanford - Frenchie had a big career in Finance (algo trading) - got rich, retired at 38 now as a hobby is starting a hedge fund with a few friends. Kiwi took the academic route and now is a bschool prof at an ivy in the northeast (not saying the school bc some of yall might have had him as a prof :lol:), writing his first book, angel invests in/advises startups.

As we're talking he's giving me a million compliments on my outfit (tight white/leather dress), my hair (texlaxed bob/fro), my gap! (ha FelaShrine will appreciate that), my shoes, even how I was holding my drink lol. They keep buying drinks. Frenchie is married (damn it!) so my friend is like deuces but kiwi insists I stay and talk. We are having really good convo - getting my nerd on talking about the book he's writing, business/startups, game theory, so I stay. So we continue chatting and it's 2am at this point and I'm pretty tipsy (drinks did not stop flowing) so I'm like I need to go... He gets me a cab and gives me a $20 for the ride. My initial reaction was to hand it back to him but then I'm like um, naw girl keep it... it's only $20 anyway :look:

We've been texting everyday since and he wants to see me again. Wanted to have me come to his place for a weekend but I'm like I don't know you like that. You come back to NYC and we'll hang. So that's what we're doing next weekend.

Oh btw he's 48 (never married, no kids) and I'm 30 :blush:

The friend I wrote about who 'enriched' her appearance is now dating a wealthy person. She'd told me about him a few months ago when we'd met up for drinks. They'd just met and she didn't know where things were headed. In fact, she'd met his mother, a wealthy lady, and she was meeting with the woman to network. Lo and behold, lady brought her son. They hit if off, ended up hanging out after the dinner, said they even kissed on the first date, which she says she doesn't do, and now they are official. From the bits I remember, his mother is wealthy and he is just building up his own wealth, in investments.

Back