How To Attract A Rich Man

^^ I feel like 'being emotive' and 'being affectionate' are two different things. I think there is a difference between wanting him to be happy to be/enjoy being around you (and showing it) and a man that is always talking about feelings. The latter is just annoying.

It did get annoying...

or are susceptible to codependency.

I watch this show "Princesses of Long Island" one of the girls has an emotional boyfriend. She isnt. He has money and is successful but he calls like every 5 mins and is always up under her. She doesnt want to marry him. He clearly wants to marry her bc they just bought a house. :nono:

I dated a guy like that. I couldn't take it. He wanted to talk about feelings all the time. I just like to stay above the surface:look: I demonstrate my feelings not talk about them:lol:

or are susceptible to codependency.

I watch this show "Princesses of Long Island" one of the girls has an emotional boyfriend. She isnt. He has money and is successful but he calls like every 5 mins and is always up under her. She doesnt want to marry him. He clearly wants to marry her bc they just bought a house. :nono:

This is the exact type I'm talking about, I would perish :nono: .

I need alot of attention but not all that emotional stuff-just like you're pretty, you're awesome:look:. I couldn't take it:nono:

Right! Hell I don't even like excessive compliments and gushing (OMG you looks so beautiful 10x in the night :ohwell:) I would feel seriously start to feel claustrophobic.

I want an ambitious, well-off man who's very emotive and emotionally available. Like, one who's a driven beast at work and puddy in my hands when it comes to our relationship... as in very very mushy.

In my limited experience, my 2 serious relationships have been with 1 who's decently generous but super emotionally available, and another who's very generous and not very emotionally available. I want both:( and I am beginning to wonder whether that's really hard to find.

My mother says I shouldn't rely on a relationship to meet my emotional needs:ohwell:

CarLiTa If you find one, please let me know if he has a brother. :lol:

My mother says I shouldn't rely on a relationship to meet my emotional needs:ohwell:

This is my problem as well. I'm trying to change that, to change my expectations, but it's proving to be quite difficult.

:( I think after having dated an unusually emotive man, my expectations have become too high. I have to curb and adjust them. It's strange for me to date someone who's not that emotional. It makes me want to overcompensate on the emotions and mushiness, and even though the guys is generous with his $$ and his time, there's a little voice in my head screaming "(what if) he's just not that into you!" :ohwell: because I've gotten used a SO wanting to love on me every second and associating that with real love in a relationship. I have some daddy emotional issues (present but not very emotional, though very caring), and my daddy has his own daddy emotional issues (absent).

I know where you're coming from.... Most of my relationships have been with men who doted on me, showed their emotions (poetry, songs, letters/notes....), always wanted to be around me, just "nose wide open" as they say.

Then I met HIM. :lol: He was financially successful, extremely generous, but cheap with his time AND emotions. It really threw me for a loop. Special events/dates spent alone, going weeks (sometimes months) without being able to see him, not hearing him tell me how he feels... During his absences and upon his returns, I was showered with gifts/trips. When I do get some quality time, it was often shared with work that he takes home. At some points I felt like he didn't really care about me, or that maybe I was a placeholder for him. It made me doubt his feelings and intentions. I grew up with the people who care for me showing me affection/emotion. I just wasn't used to it. In retrospect, I think he did love me. This was simply how he was. I was expecting too much from him. I realize that I can't have it all. However, financial stability (well, way more than mere stability:look:) is a must.

Sorry for the long post....I tend to ramble.

My bestie asked me if I want to go to an Alpha 50th anniversary event, a conclave, this Thursday.

My first thought was MEN!!!!!! YES!!!!! Lol Black successful (hopefully well off) men.

I have to find a formal dress!! Omg. What am I going to wear?!

My bestie asked me if I want to go to an Alpha 50th anniversary event, a conclave, this Thursday.

My first thought was MEN!!!!!! YES!!!!! Lol Black successful (hopefully well off) men.

I have to find a formal dress!! Omg. What am I going to wear?!

My mentor is an alpha so yes lots of successful black men are gonna be there. I say go super femme and snatch up as many as you can :yep:

^^^They all have something nice about them and you have a great shape.

I am thinking a dress that emphasized your waist, shoulders, and upper body would be perfect. Perhaps something less fitted on the hips.

We have similar body types - smaller waist, but hippy/thigh-ey.

This is something similar to what I am trying to describe above:
_8061266.jpg

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/hailey-...-shoulder-jersey-gown/3491944?origin=category

Last edited:
My mentor is an alpha so yes lots of successful black men are gonna be there.
Hmmmm....is that true for all fraternity events?

I've been lurking in this thread for tips. I just got an email from one of my Meetup groups about Kappa Alpha Psi's annual seersucker and sundress soiree later this month. I wasn't going to go. The invitation gives me a bad feeling about the crowd. It includes an explanation that this is a "grown folks event" and that the dress code does not include jeans, doo-rags, Tims or anything that would make you look like Nicki Minaj's stunt double. If adults need this kind of instruction about what to wear, it just makes me wonder about the type of people that will be there.

Should I reconsider?

I'll be in Nantucket for the week. Moreso for vacation than anything else. I'll let you all know if anything interesting happens.

So far I've noticed middle-aged white women I boarded the plane have given me an inquisitive look...then avoid looking at me. Quite interesting. Anyway, the locals are wayyyy cooler than those who summer/vacation there. The latter buys into the illusion of Nantucket's prestige a bit too much. I love the place because its the closest experience to being in New Zealand without embarking on the 24 hour commute

Ahhhhhh my friend just said its short cocktail dress.

I got these two.

Nothing was fitting my hips properly.

I wanted to stay away from black but the dress really looked great.

Attachments

• image-4227474426.jpg
    image-4227474426.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 306
  • image-2822427832.jpg
    image-2822427832.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 279
Back