How many weeks post are you right now?

Exactly 9 weeks yesterday! I always re-touched at 8 weeks like clock-work. I'm loving the new growth. It's soft and I can actually manage it thanks to this site and you lovely ladies. All you ladies talking about considering transitioning...sigh. I don't know what to do!!!! I bought my Profectiv Re-touch Kit on sale at Walgreens for $2 and went crazy and bought 3 boxes. :lachen:I figured that would hold me for 2 years without expiring for 6 applications. Now I don't know if I want to touch'em at all! :rolleyes:

I am 12 weeks and going strong next week I plan on getting kinky twists and keeping them in for maybe two months and then a couple weeks out Im gonna get my first sew in and try to keep that in for a month or two maybe more....I might try to go for the whole year....I co wash all the time...and bantu knots save my life....and bunning always works for me...Im just getting frustrated cause i know I have NG BUT it still doesnt seem to have grown when I actually take the time to blow dry and flat iron my hair ( which I dont do very often)...I need a lil more growth I thought I would be knocking APL down my now and its like APL is laughing at me...any tips anyone

I am 9 weeks post today. I just got a sew-in and will keep it in for about 5 or 6 weeks with one weekly washing and deep conditioning until I remove it. I'll wait 2 weeks in between and put the sew-in back again twice more before I relax. I'm going for 26 - 30 weeks stretch this time. My last one was only 14 weeks. I'll update as I go along on my stretches.

*taps Aggie on the shoulder*

Um...I'm going to root you on towards your 20+ weeks quest....

my hair and I had a quick conference last night while I was preparing my braidout...I expressed my thoughts about stretching past 14 weeks and the response back from my hair wasn't positive.

That is all.

Reporting at 8 weeks...6 weeks to go...

my hair and I had a quick conference last night while I was preparing my braidout...I expressed my thoughts about stretching past 14 weeks and the response back from my hair wasn't positive.

That is all.

:grin: :grin: Chicken!!:grin: :grin: But hey, I gatta say thanks for the support though:yep:.

Last edited:

That is all.

LMAO :lachen::lachen:

Right now I'm seven and a half months post-relaxer and counting. I never thought I would be able to stretch this long without breakage and shedding. I just wanted to give my hair a break from the chemicals. I've been getting my hair flat ironed and regular deep conditioning has kept it in great shape.

I made it to 13 and a half weeks post today. I already removed my sew-in after only 3 weeks. I really couldn't deal with it anymore. So now I've decided that in order to continue my stretch I will be getting individual braids with Kanakelon extensions tomorrow. I will keep those in for 2 months using Robin's C&G technique on www.growafrohairlong.com. I been studyin' that site for the last 3 or 4 days and I think I've got the reggie down pat.

If I'm able to keep the braids in for the 2 months, that would take my stretch to 21 weeks. When I take it down, I'll deep condition and redo them 2 weeks later for an additional 7 weeks, deep condition for another 2 weeks and finally have my relaxer at 32 weeks post as planned just in time for my niece's wedding in Canada in August. I can't wait.

Monalisa - where are you:look:? Are you:hide:ing from me?:grin:.

currentl I am 8 weeks post. I usually relax every 2 or 3 months, but this time I am trying to see if I can stretch 12 weeks, using some extensions and conditioner washes, and my flat iron:grin: I really was hoping to make it until the end of school (some time in May). I'll get fresh to go job hunting.

I made it to 13 and a half weeks post today. I already removed my sew-in after only 3 weeks. I really couldn't deal with it anymore. So now I've decided that in order to continue my stretch I will be getting individual braids with Kanakelon extensions tomorrow. I will keep those in for 2 months using Robin's C&G technique on www.growafrohairlong.com. I been studyin' that site for the last 3 or 4 days and I think I've got the reggie down pat.

If I'm able to keep the braids in for the 2 months, that would take my stretch to 21 weeks. When I take it down, I'll deep condition and redo them 2 weeks later for an additional 7 weeks, deep condition for another 2 weeks and finally have my relaxer at 32 weeks post as planned just in time for my niece's wedding in Canada in August. I can't wait.

Monalisa - where are you:look:? Are you:hide:ing from me?:grin:.

What'chu talkin bout A? :lol:

I was thinking about you and Gym and came to check the thread out to see what was up..:look:

Congrats on making it to the 13.5 mark! :grin:

I peeped that you had took out the weave! I was like no she didn't!
I see you couldn't take it..:ohwell:

I have hit the 12 week mark (my hair is marinating in conditioner under Pibby as I type this) - and I'm getting prepped for t/up next week when I hit 13 weeks...just in time for Easter Service :)

Spring Renewal & Easter, Celebrating Jesus coming back & Touching up my new growth - it'll be a joyous weekend :yep:

I'm coming up on 7 weeks post and i have another 7 weeks to go. I'm gonna try to attempt my longest stretch ever at 14 weeks and plan to relax on April 30th.

I just learned how to properly flat iron roots after a rollerset because this NG was gettin out of control and i did NOT want to go and use my blow dryer just to get roots straight.

I've been doing good. I have NOT used a blow dryer since December '07. Just doing straight rollersets.

I had a shedding spell for a little bit and used Aphogee 2 minute and that helped.

I'm going to get another blue-black rinse in my hair, maybe do a carmel treatment and i ordered some JBCO to thicken up my left edges.

Can't wait to see how much my hair has grown on April 30th!

What'chu talkin bout A? :lol:

I was thinking about you and Gym and came to check the thread out to see what was up..:look:

Congrats on making it to the 13.5 mark! :grin:

I peeped that you had took out the weave! I was like no she didn't!
I see you couldn't take it..:ohwell:

I have hit the 12 week mark (my hair is marinating in conditioner under Pibby as I type this) - and I'm getting prepped for t/up next week when I hit 13 weeks...just in time for Easter Service :)

Spring Renewal & Easter, Celebrating Jesus coming back & Touching up my new growth - it'll be a joyous weekend :yep:

Good ta see ya honey. Yeah girl, that weave was gettin' to me because I couldn't get my hands on my scalp. I'll be celebrating my Jesus coming in braids for Easter this year. Really really trying to make 6-7 months stretch this time. It will probably be the longest one I'll ever do though. When I'm done with this long stretch, I'll revert back to my original 12 - 14 weeks at a time:yep:. I'm only doing this long stretch now just to prove I can do it:grin:.

21 weeks post exactly tomorrow and 3 more to go before I texlax or make relaxers history!

Congrats Medmunky.

JustMeSteph 36 weeks yesterday (June 29, 2007) if I am counting right.

Congrats JustMeSteph also. I can't wait to get to 6 months.

13 weeks

But all of my hair is braided underneath a weave. I couldn't manage it at this stage, otherwise.

I think I last checked in a 4 weeks...now I'm going on week 11. Since I purchased this flat iron and recently did a strawset, both styles do a great job at taking care of my new growth. I think I may just make it to 20 weeks after all.

Twelve weeks...going for 18 only because I am out of the country and can't find the relaxer I want in Greece. This will be my first and probably last 18 week stretch....but I am happy I found LHCF so I know what to do until I get back to the States to keep this new growth under control....The Dominican lady who does my hair is going to have to earn her money in April...lol

9 weeks post.... my last one was 20 weeks post with the help of sew ins. this month i am lettin my hair breathe and next month (april) i will be doin my sew-in for about a month and a half. so im inching for 15 weeks this time. wish me luck!!:grin:

Back