Votes: 34 6.4%
  • Once a week

Votes: 277 52.5%
  • 2-3 times a week

Votes: 192 36.4%
  • More than 3 times a week

Votes: 9 1.7%

• Total voters
Can you define deep conditioning? What counts? I think people have different definitions. Depending on the definition I either never do it or I do it 1 times every 1-2 weeks.

Oh, just the usual drill; slapping on some conditioner - moisturizing or protein - and leaving it on for 15 or more minutes (With or without heat)

I'm pretty new, so thats the only way I know how.

2x/week, I DC b4 every co-wash. usually 30-45 min w/ a heat cap.

When you say you DC before every co-wash, do u mean you apply a wash out/cheapie cond. after you wash out the DC. Or does washing out the DC count as you co-wash. I've been wondering about this for a while now.

I voted once every two weeks.. but I use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose condish as my styling cream everyday... so it may add up to more than twice a week. I shampoo and DC (for an hour or two) with Aubrey Organics GPB Condish every two weeks... but I use the Honeysuckle Rose everyday and don't wash it out until I co-wash the next morning... So, I don't know.

I usually dc twice a week, sometimes three. There was a time when I dc'd every other day with no problems. I think as long as you're staying on top of the moisture/protein balance, there shouldn't be a problem :)

I totally agree with this. As long as you keep your protein/moisture balance in check you should be fine.

I currently DC 2 times a week, but now that the weather is hotter I'm contemplating upping it to 3 times, the humidity wreaks havoc on my hair.

Last edited:
Typically once per week, sometimes two times per week. That said, I co-wash every day for the rest of the week, so I don't really need to DC with moisturizing conditioners any more than that.

DC mostly twice a week, sometimes I might throw in a third one though depending on my exercise routines and how much salty perspiration is on my scalp:grin:.

1-2 times per week. It depends on my schedule and what I've been doing with my hair that week

I DC at least once a week, but I prefer twice a week. I typically use Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner for my DC.

Every Saturday or Sunday. I slap it on in the morning and then leave it on all day while I am cleaning the house. I don't use heat b/c I rarely have time to sit but hopefully leaving it on for 6 - 7 hours under a plastic cap will also do the trick.

I DC once a week and alternate weeks between protien and moisture. I would like to be able to wash and DC 2x a week, but I don't have time during the year and now I am sharing a bathroom with two roomies (and it's hard enought explaining my reggie to two white girls once a week and trying to be considerate with the bathroom... :lol: )

I DC 2x per week. I'm working on keeping up with the Deep Conditioning challenge. Prior to the challenge I was doing it once a week with my weekly wash. My hair hasn't felt better with the extra TLC and I know this was the missing key for me growing and keeping my hair length. After being a member of the board for so long I finally decided to listen (lol). I was hard-headed :wallbash:and got tired of being pissed off about haircuts because of hair breakage that thwarted my hair growth. I hope to be APL at the end of this year (ambitious but doable!)

It vary's for me. For the most part I will always DC at least once a week. Currently I'm washing my hair twice a week so, I may DC twice. But as a norm I only DC once a week!:spinning:

I deep condition once a week, usually on the weekends if I'm off from work (nurse)!!!

Now that I am co-washing 2x week, I think DCing 1x week is going to be great:lick:!

In the beginning, I was DC'ing every other day or once a week. Now that life has become busy, I DC once every once a week to every two weeks. I am trying to increase that number, but the humidity here is fierce and when I dry, I look like a poodle on fluff dry. (not a pretty site):grin: I am still trying to find something that can help my hair when it air drys.

I just put in braids a week ago so I'm going to have to DCing once a week - so they don't all fall out - with a moisturizing conditioner till I take them out 5 weeks from now.

When you say you DC before every co-wash, do u mean you apply a wash out/cheapie cond. after you wash out the DC. Or does washing out the DC count as you co-wash. I've been wondering about this for a while now.

I apply DC on dry hair mostly, heat cap, and then rinse out. I apply a reg conditioner, for a bout 3 minutes on my hair in the shower so that I can comb through my hair one time, rinse out, add leave in.

Back