Spinoff: How Often Do You Aubrey?

NappyRina
I would say that it probably has less slip... they consider it a light conditioning conditioner, which I would agree with. It does have protein so it is also strengthening.... yet not with the level of moisture you get from gpb. I guess I'm not selling it well but I do like it.

faithVA uses it as well, maybe she can give a review. ...

NappyRina I should add that there is a also a Camomile Luxurious which has no protein and that I really enjoy as well. Again not as rich in moisturizing as HSR, RM or WC but still nice. The camomille line is among thier 'light' conditioning line.

[USER=24745 said:
NappyRina[/USER];17597027]Thanks ladies for responding, appreciate it :grin:

@Nix08

When you say the Blue Chamomile doesn't work the same as WC, HSR & RM ... do you mean it's not as moisturizing, has less slip, more strengthening, etc?

Thanks

I am low porosity so WC, HSR, RM do not work on my hair. They are way too heavy. My cuticles lay quite flat so the Blue Chamomile and the White Camelia are a better consistency to penetrate my strands. For me it is the most moisturizing. It has slip for me and it softens my hair immediately upon application.

For normal and high porosity girls the others may work great. For low porosity girls I would recommend the Blue Chamomile and the White Camellia. I have also used the GPB but I don't need protein on a regular basis so I don't use it.

faithVA

Thanks for mentioning the Low Porosity factor! I have to remember to keep this in mind when choosing my conditioners.

I do notice the Volumizing Normal Chamomile & Hydrating Blue Chamomile varieties in comparison to the other popular varieties have less oils, NO butters, actually contain glycerin and both alcohol & witch hazel, which the others don't contain, and the protein used in the Hydrating Blue Chamomile formula is from milk (Lactalbumin) -these ingredients may explain why they may be able to penetrate the hair better + avoid over-coating the stand. :yep:

Aubrey Organics Blue Chamomile Hydrating Conditioner
(Water) Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut Fatty Alcohol), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Alcohol Denat., Helianthus Annuum (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Lactis Proteinum (Lactalbumin), Glycerin, Equisetum Hyemale (Horsetail) Extract, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfeet) Leaf Extract, Tanacetum Annuum (Morrocan Blue Camomile) Oil*, Brassica Campestris (Turnip) Oil, Aleurites Fordi (Chinawood) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Beta-Carotene.

Aubrey Organics Normal Chamomile Volumizing Conditioner
(Water) Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut Fatty Alcohol), Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Alcohol Denat., Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5),Glycerin, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Fruit Extract, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Brassica Campestris (Turnip) Oil, Aleurites Fordi (Chinawood) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Beta-Carotene, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).*Organic

Have you tried any of these other varieties? - based on the ingredients I think they might work for low porosity but maybe not as good :

Aubrey Organics Jojoba Aloe & Desert Herb (J.A.Y) Revitalizing Conditioner
Coconut Fatty Acid-Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Lactalbumin; Extracts Of Fennel Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Chamomile And Yarrow; Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Carrot Oil, Essential Oil Blend (Cedar, Grapefruit, Rose-Geranium, Lavender) And Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C And E).

^^ Seems similar to the White Camellia (without the camellia) + the same milk protein of the Hydrating Blue Chamomile

Aubrey Organics Swimmer's Conditioner
Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Jojoba Oil, Horsetail Extract, Coltsfoot Extract, Amino Acid Complex (Cysteine, Methionine), Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Aminobenzoic Acid, Bitter Almond Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

^^ The Vegan Alternative to GPB -but I don't know how the Amino Protein reacts to low porosity hair - Also it seems like the only variety that does not contain ceramide oils :look:

NappyRina

The denatured alcohol is a part the fatty coconut base, they had to list the ingredients in a different way due to EU standards. All alcohol is not drying or bad. I think you will like these conditioners.
The cheapest place to get them are:
Vitamin shoppe (.com)
Vitacost.com

Unless its an 16oz bottle i always pay under $9-10 per bottle. They can be diluted with distilled or filtered water cause they are so thick as well.

HSR, J.A.Y and HSR are my faves thus far. My staple used to be island naturals before this board I may try it again soon as it has been awhile.

@southerncitygirl

Thanks for the suggestions!

I was planning of getting them from vitacost b/c they seem to have great prices, a great shipping rate & best of all a great return policy (they actually let you return opened/used products that you don't like!!) --that is perfect for someone like me with all these sensitivites & picky hair strands/scalp!

I wish they all came in trial sizes but it seems like none of the sites have all of the 2oz ones in stock ...but I don't feel too bad knowing that even if I pay for the regular size bottle and hate it, Vitacost will actually give me my $ back :yep:

Last edited:

Thanks. I haven't tried the two you mentioned. I have stopped experimenting with the AO conditioners. After I tried Rosa Mosqueta I just decided to stick to the Blue Chamomile. I will only try something different if I can't find it. Since the AOBC is marketed as a hydrating conditioner I just decided to stick with it.

Back