How long does it take you to "do" your hair?

How long to "do" your hair????

• 0-1/2 hour

Votes: 75 16.0%
  • 1/2-1 hour

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • 1-2 hours

Votes: 95 20.2%
  • 2-3 hours

Votes: 108 23.0%
  • 3-4 hours

Votes: 95 20.2%
  • 4-5 hours

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • 5 hours or more

Votes: 37 7.9%

• Total voters
FARRRRrrrrrr to long! How does one do this when you have a family????? I think I wanna find that one out???? :grin:

i picked 5 or more bc i am lazy and i always wash my hair then sit around in the conditioner and watch tv or play on the computer. then i either go to sleep and finish the next day or several hours later i wash the conditioner out and have my mother roll my hair up. then i go back to sitting around for hours and when i am finally ready to leave the house or do something else ill sit under the hood dryer for a while just to make sure everything is dry.

It takes me about 3 hrs and my sweetie told me this morning that it was taking me too long and I should only be deep conditioning once a month. I almost cut the fool. I could not believe he was trying to tell me what is best for my hair. Men just don't understand.

It can take a really long time depending on how I style my har if I am doing

dry twist 4-5hrs
dry braid out 2hrs
wet twist 2-3hrs
wet braid out 1hr
Shake n go 10mins
This does not include the time that it takes me to wash and deep condition, which takes about 2hrs
If I shake n go I just no poo
If I dry style I have to wait over night for my hair to dry
*Wet styling is so much better for my hair and so much faster*
No matter what I dont spend that much time on my hair on a daily basis only on wash day

It takes me about 45 minutes to CO or wash, detangle, apply leave-in and shea butter. I usually allow it to airdry before braiding. I don't count drying time.

My everday style is a wash and go so I can get that done in about 5 minutes. If I was doing a dc then add about 30 minutes to that time. Washing and detangling takes about 10 minutes, so at the most I spend no more than an hour on my hair.
Now if I am flat ironing - thats a different story...luckily I hardly ever do it.

I had to close at my job tonight at ten and didn't get home til' 10:20 p.m. I washed, deep-conditioned under the dryer, rollerset, dried rollerset under the dryer, and then wrapped, and sat under the dryer AGAIN, and I just finished my hair twenty minutes ago, you do the math *lol*

3 days. First day: take out braids, second day: pre-poo, washing, protein treatment, sleeping overnight with post-poo, third day: washing post-poo out, leave-in conditioners, afro detangler, blow drying and flat ironing.

Newbie here (first post),I have been lurking since February. I would say about 3 hours and 20 minutes. I recently purchased the Pibb you suggested and my hair drys in one hour.:grin:

You and Lauren are my hair inspirations, thank you for all the knowledge and insight.

Newbie here (first post),I have been lurking since February. I would say about 3 hours and 20 minutes. I recently purchased the Pibb you suggested and my hair drys in one hour.:grin:

You and Lauren are my hair inspirations, thank you for all the knowledge and insight.

Welcome lady on LHCF, and congratulation for your first post:grin:

It takes me over 5 hrs:
I can wash /dc in one hour, if I go straight through. I take a long time rinsing, sometimes i feel i over-rinse, to get all poo out.
I immediately set my hair (30-45 min) racing to get it set before the ill tangles can form. If I am setting my hair I will not answer the phone. It's that serious!
The most time consuming is the drying. My gold and hot bonnet isn't cutting it anymore. I have dryer ADD. :wallbash:Even after 4 hours any temp, my hair wont be totally dry, I often end up sleeping in rollers or pincurling, which leads to frizz. I have to oil my scalp the next morning with Natural Oasis pomade or Lenzi's request or my scalp goes off:angry2: and no matter how moisturized the set my hair starts to dry out.

I can't wait to get my Pibbs for my b'day in Sept. I hope to cut the time to a normal amount of time, like everyone else

seems like it takes forever. actually 3 hrs. I sit under the dryer for 1.5 hours. then I have to flat iron my roots, wrap it, etc.

I was so tired last night that I twisted my hair and let it air dry. kinda big, but cute.

I'm on this new quest to decrease my hair time.

It takes me about 15 minutes to wash and condition.

20 minutes to rollerset with mesh rollers.

30 minutes to dry with my Ion ProTools hood dryer.

That's an hour and five minutes. It use to take me about 2 hours. The mesh rollers cut down my drying time by about 30 minutes. And I started using a leave in cream by Paul Mitchell that quickens dry time.

Basic shampooing, conditioning and detangling takes me between 1-2 hours. Then I let my hair airdry.

When rollersetting, it takes between 3-4 hours tho. :ohwell:

Weekly wash:
30 minutes prepoo, 20 minutes wash and condition (I am not DC any more) and 15 minutes doing a rollerset plus 1 hour under the dryer. It takes me Like 2 hours every saturday and 3 hours when doing Henna glosses.

Last edited:
1 hour to wash and set
1 1/2 to 2 hours under hooded dryer
30 minutes to straighten roots with ceramic iron

3 to 3.5 hours total

:yep: Me too, except my hair takes about an hour to dry (wet wrap) under the hooded dryer. So I would say about 3 hours.

I ususally do my hair in stages. I'm kind of ADHD so I can never just sit and do my hair from washing all the way through styling. Washing, conditioning, and detangling usually takes about 2 hours. Styling it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 8+ hours depending on what I'm doing with it. Doing my hair is usually an event I have psyche myself up for.

1 hour to overnight pre poos

Shampoo & Oil rinse - 30 mins...........

post poo - 1 hour or more

Detangle- 30 mins

final rinse...........

Styling????????????? 1 hour

4 hours - I have gotten it o 3 hrs.... But nothing less

It usually takes me 3-4 hours.

20 mins to wash

10 mins protein treatment (every other week)

45 mins to deep condition under dryer

40 mins to blowdry

45 mins to flat iron (I flat iron in small sections)

Total time 2hours 40 mins, the other time I'm usually relaxing or procrastinating around the house somewhere.

It depends on what I am doing.

Wash-4 minutes
Protein-20 minutes under heat cap
Rinse-3 minujtes
DC-30 minutes under heat cap
Rinse and Detangling-15 minutes
Style-6 minutes...

So...that 1 hour and 30 minutes..

Now, If I am co-washing, it is about 15 minutes, including styling time

If I am flat ironing (and I blowFRY) it is about 2 hours and 30 minutes

I said 3 to 4 hours: I like to let my pre-poo sit for 1 hour and the DC treatment 1 1/2 to 2 hours. After I rinse out the conditioner, I air dry my hair (not completely) for about 30 mins with moisturizer and sealing oil on it. It takes about 15 to 20 mins to oil my scalp and another 10 minutes to dry it completely with a hair dryer.

It depends:
wash and DC - 1 hour
airdry and flatiron - 2 hours
rollerset and dry under dryer- 2 hours

So no matter what I do it's going to be 3 hours

I pre-poo'ed with Aubrey GBP and Honeysuckle Rose the night before, CW and did a deep condish (left it in hair for about 4 hours- fell asleep), rinsed, ACV rinse, rinse with water again and twist up. Twisting my hair took 5 hours. I was sooooo threw with my hair.

These twists aren't coming out until the second week in June!!!!

Depending on what I am doing anywhere from 20 minutes to 10 hours.

20 minutes just cowashing some braids, adding product and sealing the end.

10 hours putting in braid or twist extensions.

And all the in between stuff. Henna, deep conditioning, oil treatments, Henna/Indigo, etc.

Back