If you don't reach your goal

I don't understand the question. What do you mean by "If you don't reach your goal?" I didn't realize that was ever an option. :ohwell:

For me, I had a specific timeline to meet my goal and if I don't, I decided to just cut it in a style.
My question was not related to never achieving your goal.
It was really not meant to be a discourager at all.

*sigh*

Last edited:
If I don't reach APL by the end of the year, I'm going to just wear back to back sew ins because I know for a fact I grow and retain length with those.

If i don't reach my goals by Sept 09, I plan to BC and go natural. Althought I should probably add that even if I do reach my goals by that time, I may still BC and go natural. LOL.

If I don't reach my goal within the timeline that I've set then I will reset the timeline. My goals are my goals regardless of the time in which they are achieved.

For me, I had a specific timeline to meet my goal and if I don't, I decided to just cut it in a style.

*sigh*

I still don't get it. How is giving up on your goal going to help? :perplexed

It doesn't matter if I don't reach my ultimate goal because my hair is much longer than when I started. I look like a totally different person with all of this hair on my head.

*sigh*

Oh .. sorry. Misunderstood.

Um, I'll probably .. just .. well, it really depends, if it's something like, I didn't make it from MBL to WSL in time, then I'll just relax, probably .. get some layers or color. But if it's something like APL,:wallbash: I'll just reset the timeline.

I don't think Bubbln means completely give up. I think she means that if she doesn't reach her goal, she won't be so hung up on hair anymore. Not doing all this extra stuff to try to reach the goal. I've already decided that if my hair is not where I want it to be in x amount of time I'm letting the whole hair obsession thing go. I'm just gonna make sure it's clean and let it do what it do.

Quite frankly I'm tired of not looking polished/fierce and doing all this extra stuff for the sake of trying to grow this mess out. This inbetween stage ain't cute. :nono: Stretching relaxers and wearing protective styles ALL the time wasn't cute either.

I don't think Bubbln means completely give up. I think she means that if she doesn't reach her goal, she won't be so hung up on hair anymore. Not doing all this extra stuff to try to reach the goal. I've already decided that if my hair is not where I want it to be in x amount of time I'm letting the whole hair obsession thing go. I'm just gonna make sure it's clean and let it do what it do.

Quite frankly I'm tired of not looking polished/fierce and doing all this extra stuff for the sake of trying to grow this mess out. This inbetween stage ain't cute. :nono: Stretching relaxers and wearing protective styles ALL the time wasn't cute either.

yep that's what i got out of her post too. :yep:

glamazon, you come up with some of the cutest styles though! i would not have thought you were unhappy with your hair. :perplexed

yep that's what i got out of her post too. :yep:

glamazon, you come up with some of the cutest styles though! i would not have thought you were unhappy with your hair. :perplexed

Thanks but girl I am so over it. :nono: I'm tired of walking around with these kitchen hairstyles. I like my ish ON POINT. And the only way my hair looks on point is if I wear a wig. I spent 3 years stretching and almost a year transitioning looking a hot mess. Now it's another two years and I'm still frickin bald headed! :wallbash: Every other day I want to cut this mess off and get a perm. :ohwell: Then at least my hair will be done and I can go to the shop every two weeks.

Thanks but girl I am so over it. :nono: I'm tired of walking around with these kitchen hairstyles. I like my ish ON POINT. And the only way my hair looks on point is if I wear a wig. I spent 3 years stretching and almost a year transitioning looking a hot mess. Now it's another two years and I'm still frickin bald headed! :wallbash: Every other day I want to cut this mess off and get a perm. :ohwell: Then at least my hair will be done and I can go to the shop every two weeks.

I understand. Sometimes I get tired of feeling "homemade" and I really feel like I need a new look. I am so not feeling the buns and other pulled back protective styles, they don't work on my face.

When I reach my goal I will wear my hair out more often and continue focusing on it's health.
If I don't reach it in the time I think I will, I will keep on truckin until I do. :yep:

I always said I would relax and cut it into a blunt swingy bob, but I cant afford the upkeep and dont feel like dealing with it.

my short term length for dec 2008 is bsl. for dec 2009 is waist length. I am at apl now and I usually grow 3/4-1 inch per month but I don't retain and I am forever cutting my hair. I'm hoping to reach my goals with the help of lhcf and MT. My ultimate goal is tailbone but I will honestly be happy at mbl.

My goal is to reach MBL or 16 inches all over. (I like natural layers)

I should be BSL by September, but I'll have to see if that's still possible once I get my hair trimmed.

This month makes 3 years natural for me. I went from nothing to the picture in my siggy. After cutting off almost 6 inches of bronze colored hair over the past 2 years I'm still proud of my progress.

It started getting easier for me to reach my goals when I stopped looking at everyone else's progress. (I couldn't understand why my hair wasn't the same length as someone who started their journey the same time I did) The way I see it now, is if I put in the work, then I expect to succeed in this hair journey.

Last edited:
If I don't reach my goal within the timeline that I've set then I will reset the timeline. My goals are my goals regardless of the time in which they are achieved.

:yep:. I'm pushing the timeline back. So far I've been on target though.

I understand 100% what you are talking about!:lachen::lachen:I know that's right! Long hair never made me, and not having it won't break me. But, I have seen your pics,and you would looks stunning either way! But, hold on still, you have made great improvement! But, I got you! I promise it won't be in vain!

This thread is interesting to me! When I joined LHCF my only goal was to have natural, healthy hair. The length didn't matter. Now I am finding myself comtemplating making hair length goal. I guess shoulder length is fine. Having my hair chemical free, and healthy is big deal to me!

i like the dice nails in your avatar

sometimes i think about this and get sad b/c i dont think my goals are unattainable by any means. i just want my afro to sit on top of my shoulders. kinda creating this dark halo around my face :grin:. i feel like my growth has really slowed down the past few months so im just trying to keep moisturized and not mess with it so much and i know that i will eventually get there *hopefully sooner than later*

I will reach my goal, and after I do, I'll be content and continue to care for my hair with the all the amazing knowledge I have gotten from here. Giving up or settling is NOT an option for me.

I planned to reach APL stretched by Dec. 08 but I've already resigned myself to the fact that is won't happen then.

I cut my hair twice in 2 weeks and I got a relaxer. Now my short term goal is SL and I'm not putting a timeline on it.

I feel the same way! I just started my transition and I'm 3 months in and feeling like a hot mess. I'm too old be walking around looking half-done up. I'm thinking about relaxing now or getting a fierce hair cut too!

I understand. Sometimes I get tired of feeling "homemade" and I really feel like I need a new look. I am so not feeling the buns and other pulled back protective styles, they don't work on my face.

I'm here with you too. I didn't even come to LHCF to get long hair. I came here to get healthy hair and know how to style my hair since I was so used to braids.

I never knew people with my hair type could grow hair and so I decided to grow my mine. My hair has come a looooooong way, but I miss feeling like I look 'Hot' because of constant protective styles and low/no heat regimens. I've decided to live my life and look cute when I want to (it's my hair gosh darn it), while protecting my hair as much as possible.

Back