How do YOU stroke a man's EGO?

Dh has a job working the late night shift at UPS. Sometimes I wait up for him.

I like leaving notes for him. Silly yet earnest ones such, as "I love you more than rats love birdseed!" Gets him every time.

Thank him for what he does whether its killing that spider or fixing your car. Don't take him for granted.

Pick up something for him while you're out. It can be as simple as a burger or his favorite beer. Don't ask him, just do it.

I'm seeing alot of touchy feely post, Ya'll must not have kids.....like mine :lachen:

For me, I have learned that men (my man) like to be appreciated and respected. They are sooooo simplistic when it comes to certain things...When my husband....

I think there is a difference between showing one you care and making them feel good about WHO THEY ARE.

I stoke my hubby's ego by supporting and encouraging him in decisions that he is reluctant to make. Even if it means my idea has to sit at bay for awhile. Doing this allows him to be comfortable to talk about ANY AND EVERYTHING with me.

Honestly, this is a very simple but overlooked issue between men and women: letting the men know that they are in control of certain things. When I worked (and was technically the bread winner), I still made my man feel like his pay was just as much as mine. Eventhough, I didn't or don't have to, I still consult my hubby about purchases I make. This makes him feel like his imput on my spending matters (and it does).

I tell him how good of a father he is to the kids and how he is a very good husband. My mom even calls and compliments him on how good of a job he is "keeping me on lock down" (I'm a wild one!).

Sometimes I act helpless, so he can feel like he is my superman (he is though).

With his hobbies, I join him He's really into digial photography, so when he wanted to get a new digital camera, I bought one too and we photographed together. I often tell him to just leave the house and go photograph. Some of his photographs I request to be blown up and they are wall pictures in the house. He was like :grin:, I'm good huh babe...

When he faces battles at work or with family, his wife is there cussin errr body out....No, really I support him too.

When he wants to touch me, I don't turn him away. I don't want him to ever think that I don't want him.

There's so many other ways to make men feel good about being who they are as a man, the list is endless.

Basically, I love the man in him and I don't tear him down.

:look: Well I guess I'm the odd woman out. I don't stroke my hubby's ego.

The things mentioned......I do on a regular. Ego is too close to pride....two things that I personally don't like.

:look: Well I guess I'm the odd woman out. I don't stroke my hubby's ego.

The things mentioned......I do on a regular. Ego is too close to pride....two things that I personally don't like.

I think what the ladies are referring to is the good side of pride. Pride is when someone has self-worth (I couldn't imagine that you wouldn't like having an man with self-worth) and has confidence and self respect.

There is nothing wrong with have an ego as long as it doesn't have an ill effect on those around you. I feel that many of problems men struggle with today is because of the lack of pride and ego uplifting from childhood.

When I asked my husband to marry me, he was like WHAT? He was surprised to know that he was WORTH some girl proposing to him. That made his ego jump to the roof!

What I'm trying to say is it is essential for all women to stroke the ego's of our husbands, boyfriends, son's, nefew's etc. because this is what helps them hold their head up high and say I am somebody. As a mother to an 8 year old, my son looks to his daddy for things, but he looks to mamma for that added approval. Every man wants to please the women in their lives, and if we don't boost their self respect and self worth, they will have issues in the future.

In biblical terms, the word pride referred to arrogance, boasting, ill behavior, haughtiness, and esteeming self over God (see Prov. chapt 16). This is the harmfull pride one shouldn't poses. However, there is a positive pride that the bible refers to in Exod. 15 and Lev. 26.

The bible says that we "woman" is to love her husband as she would God. So, if we uplift God, praise and magnify (laymens term stroking an ego) him, then he are to do the same to the men in our lives.

I just thought I would pass this on to give you a different perspective about pride and ego. :look:

I think what the ladies are referring to is the good side of pride. Pride is when someone has self-worth (I couldn't imagine that you wouldn't like having an man with self-worth) and has confidence and self respect.

There is nothing wrong with have an ego as long as it doesn't have an ill effect on those around you. I feel that many of problems men struggle with today is because of the lack of pride and ego uplifting from childhood.

When I asked my husband to marry me, he was like WHAT? He was surprised to know that he was WORTH some girl proposing to him. That made his ego jump to the roof!

What I'm trying to say is it is essential for all women to stroke the ego's of our husbands, boyfriends, son's, nefew's etc. because this is what helps them hold their head up high and say I am somebody. As a mother to an 8 year old, my son looks to his daddy for things, but he looks to mamma for that added approval. Every man wants to please the women in their lives, and if we don't boost their self respect and self worth, they will have issues in the future.

In biblical terms, the word pride referred to arrogance, boasting, ill behavior, haughtiness, and esteeming self over God (see Prov. chapt 16). This is the harmfull pride one shouldn't poses. However, there is a positive pride that the bible refers to in Exod. 15 and Lev. 26.

The bible says that we "woman" is to love her husband as she would God. So, if we uplift God, praise and magnify (laymens term stroking an ego) him, then he are to do the same to the men in our lives.

I just thought I would pass this on to give you a different perspective about pride and ego. :look:

I live my life according "to" His word. But what I said before.....I put my husband before "all" men. He knows that God is first and foremost in my life then hubby is a close second.

Well like I said before.....I am the odd woman out. I don't agree with the bolded. My dh is not on the same level as God....so I'm not going to praise him as I praise God. He doesn't need me to go "out" of my way to stroke his ego to boost his self respect and self worth and tell him he is somebody. God already has done that and reassured my dh that he is somebody. My dh is a true man of God....that's why I married him. His confidence is so strong in who he is because of God. As his wife.......I'm there to love him, be by his side at all times, respect him, and put no man before him. Like I said in my previous post....I do these things on a regular......."Not" to boost his ego......but because I love him.
It's not my job to boost his ego.......Jesus has told him he "is" the head and not the tail...and dh knows this to the fullest.
For those men that are looking for reassurance.........seek God. He will tell you who you are.

Now if you want to believe what you believe.......that's fine. ;)......but as for me.....God has given me a dh that's sure of himself because His word says so. And as his wife.......I must be doing something right.....we're going on 20+ years. :grin:

God Is Good!!!!:yay:

I love reading this thread....lots of good ideas!!

I am not married, but I have been with my SO for awhile. He likes it when I sexually harrass him. I will walk through the kitchen while he was cooking and pinch his butt or "can I get your number?" It is so cheesy, but he eats it up! He grins and blushes like a two year old.

Sometimes when he walks out of the shower in the morning I will start throwing dollar bills at him and start singing "Uh oh! Work it, work it! Uh oh! Come to Mama!!" He always smiles and says "You are so stupid!" Warning-you may end up being late to work if you try this on a work day..............

This sounds like something I would do!
I like this one!:yep:

This reminds me of when Boris Kodjoe was on Tyra and his wife (from Soul Food) was in the audience and Tyra asked him something goofy and he said everytime he walks in the house his wife lets out a 'Woooooo' and fans herself and lets out dramatic kinda of yelp like a groupie as if saying "yay, my man is home and he's fine ass Boris Kodjoe." Those are my words, he just mimiced her and said how it makes him feel special knowing his wife is always looking forward to him walking through the door.

Wow, she is good :grin:
I have to steal this.

CandiceC said:
Among other things- I have a .com Web site dedicated to him that I update each week adding to the list something that I love about him. I started it the first week of January and it'll go for a year. I'm trying to think of what else I can do with the site once the year is over. :scratchch

ETA: He really looks forward to checking it each Sunday. He'll ask me about the update if I forget. :lol:

I liked this idea so much, I just started a blog on Wordpress. I'm not very good at expressing my feelings face to face, it makes me feel uncomfortable, so this was a brilliant idea to me!

I liked this idea so much, I just started a blog on Wordpress. I'm not very good at expressing my feelings face to face, it makes me feel uncomfortable, so this was a brilliant idea to me!

THAT'S TOTALLY ME RIGHT THERE!!!!! I'm working on this though...
This is why I had to clarify that when my SO asked me what he brought to the table, I froze. Not because I didn't know but I just couldn't get it out. Anyway, you ladies are very creative I LOVE IT!!!!

Wash his hair when he is in the tub/shower

If he takes baths, buy some bubble bath just for him

After bath/shower, apply powder that leaves a shimmer to his skin and rub it in. Don't be surprised if he likes Giorgio perfumed body powder or whatever YOU use

Read a chapter from a novel to him before he goes to sleep

Back