How do you stretch your "good" conditioners?

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I cowash every now and then but find that my cheapies still aren't enough, so I use my DC's instead. Being that I'm a lhcf'er you guys know that with this method I'd be out of a bottle in less than 2 weeks :wallbash:! Does anybody here water down their dc's to stretch them for cowashing? What do you use to stretch them?

I am loving Renpure, but the little containers are annoying...I'm fixin' to mix 1/3 white rain in them on those days.

Do tell!

i dont stretch them, i just use them. if they run out i get more. but watering down the goodconditioner is defeating the purpose i think.

just use them as is and then get more.

I agree with you both. I was just wondering if people have done this successfully.
On he other hand when I cw I know that the conditioner isn't doing as much in 10 minutes as it's doing when I dc for 2 hours. My reasoning was that watering it down wouldn't make as much as a difference...making sense?
Anyways, I'll still be using my good stuff full force in the mean time.

Thanks for the input!

girl you better use the cheapies to cowash! v05, suave, etc. or at least mid grade cheapies. dove, aussie, etc. dc is for dc...lol.

I stretch DT's by adding oils or butters, but never a cheap conditioner because they aren't generally made to penetrate as deeply as the DC.

I dont stretch, but I guess that is becuase all my conditioners work really well for me. I do have favorites but i dunno, they all work so well for me.

I am a PJ so I stock up like crazy.

I won't water down a good conditioner. I would just go and buy more. I love shopping for conditioners and reading labels, so the faster I use, the more I can indulge myself.

girl you better use the cheapies to cowash! v05, suave, etc. or at least mid grade cheapies. dove, aussie, etc. dc is for dc...lol.

The cheap cheapies are not doing it for me. And i'm tired of experimenting. My hair is thriving...don't want any setbacks. I guess I'll just wait for sale and stock up.

Cheapies like Suave work for me, but if they didn't and I wanted to use a DC to co-wash I'd use Silicon Mix...you can get a 60oz Tub for $25

Back