How Do You Handle Divorce, Holidays and the Kids?

SHEANITPRO

Many parents these days are divorced so they have to hit multiple Christmas and New Year celebrations on one day with the kids in tow.

I used to shuttle my daughter between divorced grandparents and also divorced parents.

We'd try to hit several of the grandparents before Christmas day. If we had the time or use the weekend before the holiday, to save a lot of frustration and headache.

My dd is now 14 and has been managing her own holiday visiting schedule for the past few years...I am so glad, this surely takes weight off of me and I definitely enjoy my holidays more.

How do you handle visiting divorced grandparents or parents in your house?

Do you celebrate the holiday ahead or after the real date?

Do your kids think it’s fun to celebrate multiple times at multiple places or would they be just as happy with one?

Could you arrange for everyone to get together or would that get ugly?

Could the divorced grandparents be trusted together over dinner?

What about divorced parents? Could you pull it off?

If you were the child of divorced parents what were your holidays with extended family members like?

How do you handle visiting divorced grandparents or parents in your house?

They all stop by and if they happen to be there together .... they get along fine.

Do you celebrate the holiday ahead or after the real date?

no

Do your kids think it’s fun to celebrate multiple times at multiple places or would they be just as happy with one?

n/a

Could you arrange for everyone to get together or would that get ugly?

I could. I don't do the visit everyone anymore. Haven't done that it many years. They all stop by my house.

Could the divorced grandparents be trusted together over dinner?

They could but I think my fathers gf would be uncomfortable.

What about divorced parents? Could you pull it off?

n/a

If you were the child of divorced parents what were your holidays with extended family members like?

We spent half the day with my mother and her family and my father would pick us up at about 5:00 for most holidays.

Back