How Did He Propose?

THE BESSTTT!!!!! LOL

My boyfriend came over my house, we were sitting in the living room watching the superbowl. This is how the conversation went:

Him:Can I see your feet?
Me: why?
Him: I just wanna see your feet.
Me: I'm not your wife, get outta here
Him: What? You have to be someone's wife before you let him see your feet?
Me: Yeah
Him: :rolleyes:
Me: :ohwell:

Both of us are silent....

(I always had on socks and sneakers everytime he came over my house.)

I got up and went to the kitchen to make me a sandwich....he follows me to the kitchen.

Him: What ya makin'?
Me: I'm making me a sandwich.
Him: How come you never cook for me?
Me: I'm not your wife.
Him: First you have to be my wife before you let me see your feet now you have to be my wife before you cook for me???? :rolleyes: :perplexed
Me: Yep :look: :yawn:
Him: You get on my nerves. You won't give me none, you won't let me see your feet and you won't cook for me. :rolleyes:
Me. :ohwell: :rolleyes:

Silence.....(while he watches me make one sandwich)

Him: Will you marry me?
Me: Oh yeah?
Him: Yeah.
Me: Ok
Him: Is that a yes or no?
Me: Yes

He goes back to the livingroom to finish watching the game. I go to the refrigerator and get 2 more pieces of bread for a second sandwich. :grin:

We got married 9 months later......just celebrated 5 years of marriage October 19th.

Ok.

When we first met he was in the military and stationed in SoCal. When he got discharged I went down there with friends to help him get his stuff packed and moved. After that we went to Joshua Tree Park, hiked and watched the stars. That's when the sparks first flew between us. This is corny as heck but we both reached to swat a fly at the same time, our hands brushed and we looked into each others eyes...:lachen:

When we started dating, every year we would go twice a year to Joshua tree. Hike, watch the stars and then go to dinner at this really cute Italian restaurant in the middle of nowhere.

One year, we went there and he brought wine glasses, bubbly (non alcoholic) and insisted that we hike with them. I was thinking he was crazy because it's hard enough to hike without them. He also kept making a big deal about how he forgot his backpack. By the time we made it to the top, one glass was broken, he almost fell and died etc.

So sunset...and he was playing me my favorite song. Then he said, "This isn't how it was supposed to be. You see how we struggled to get up these rocks? We are all scratched up, tired, thirsty, broken glass but we made it up together. That's how I want us to go through life, through the rocks and broken glass but happy together. Will you marry me?"

Turns out the ring was in the backpack, at his place. :lachen:. So I said yes and after that we went to dinner at Stefano's - the little romantic Italian place in the middle of nowhere.

Why am I sitting up here with tears in my eyes?! :cry2:

That was beautiful vivmaiko :)

I need a LHCF break now :lol:
Ok.

When we first met he was in the military and stationed in SoCal. When he got discharged I went down there with friends to help him get his stuff packed and moved. After that we went to Joshua Tree Park, hiked and watched the stars. That's when the sparks first flew between us. This is corny as heck but we both reached to swat a fly at the same time, our hands brushed and we looked into each others eyes...:lachen:

When we started dating, every year we would go twice a year to Joshua tree. Hike, watch the stars and then go to dinner at this really cute Italian restaurant in the middle of nowhere.

One year, we went there and he brought wine glasses, bubbly (non alcoholic) and insisted that we hike with them. I was thinking he was crazy because it's hard enough to hike without them. He also kept making a big deal about how he forgot his backpack. By the time we made it to the top, one glass was broken, he almost fell and died etc.

So sunset...and he was playing me my favorite song. Then he said, "This isn't how it was supposed to be. You see how we struggled to get up these rocks? We are all scratched up, tired, thirsty, broken glass but we made it up together. That's how I want us to go through life, through the rocks and broken glass but happy together. Will you marry me?"

Turns out the ring was in the backpack, at his place. :lachen:. So I said yes and after that we went to dinner at Stefano's - the little romantic Italian place in the middle of nowhere.

Ok.

This was soo funny to me!!!

awww

This story is amazing... I love it, its 'real' romance... just beautiful :drunk:

I know kiss kiss. The fly thing is so funny and corny but 100% true. In fact when it happened and I looked up at him I laughed.

Then he said, "This isn't how it was supposed to be. You see how we struggled to get up these rocks? We are all scratched up, tired, thirsty, broken glass but we made it up together. That's how I want us to go through life, through the rocks and broken glass but happy together. Will you marry me?"

Aw that is so sweet! Love your proposal *story.*

Oh my God this is so beautiful!!! :cry: :yay: :clap:

I am exactly where you were in 1998 and my mind is going 1,000 miles a minute :drunk:

You're not alone!!! DH and I have been together for about a year now, just moved in to our own apartment and apparently he's asked my parents permission to marry me. I don't get any other details, all he keeps saying is "We'll be engaged by the time we go on vacation." since next year we're going back to Morocco to see his family and mine. BUT I checked his credit card (I handle our finances and bills, lol) and I saw a charge for Zales so I'm guessing/hoping/thinking/praying it comes and comes soon!

Patience is a virtue though..:spinning:

You're not alone!!! DH and I have been together for about a year now, just moved in to our own apartment and apparently he's asked my parents permission to marry me. I don't get any other details, all he keeps saying is "We'll be engaged by the time we go on vacation." since next year we're going back to Morocco to see his family and mine. BUT I checked his credit card (I handle our finances and bills, lol) and I saw a charge for Zales so I'm guessing/hoping/thinking/praying it comes and comes soon!

Patience is a virtue though..:spinning:

:blush:WOW:blush:

Keep us posted...we like details here!

Maybe I just need to propose to my man... I think he's really feeling intimidated about proposing to me. I think he wants it to be some big production that I will remember forever and that's what is taking him so long to do it!! :ohwell: I feel bad for men.

this guy whos fancied me for years proposed to me in frikkin "Subway"

i said "erm arent u gona get down on ya knees?"

My hubby proposed...over the phone...:perplexed. We were still high school fresh. I was in 11th and he was done. He was 18 I was 17 and we'd been together for about 3 months. We were still at that "talk on the phone for hours" stage and during one convo he suddenly goes. "when we get married blah blah blah..." I go "excuse me? What did you say?" He goes. "Oh...Well. When we get married. I mean...I love you and we're going to get married." me: "we are?" My heart is pounding and I'm grinning all silly. He: "Yes. I'm serious! Will you marry me?" I thought he was joking but no, he was dead serious and asked again. I said all casual "yes." and we talked like nothing happened. The next day when we saw each other in person I though he would say he was not serious but he grabs my hand and looks me in the eye and says "I meant what I said on the phone about marrying you so don't think I was joking. I mean. Obviously not now because you're still in school but in a few yrs..." I said. ok and he was all grinning. "Hey! We're engaged now!"

No flowers, no swooning, no music or bended knee but I can't complain...That was nearly 21 yrs ago:yep:.

Awwww! 21 yrs. later and all those beautiful children as well. I love this story :heart3:
My hubby proposed...over the phone...:perplexed. We were still high school fresh. I was in 11th and he was done. He was 18 I was 17 and we'd been together for about 3 months. We were still at that "talk on the phone for hours" stage and during one convo he suddenly goes. "when we get married blah blah blah..." I go "excuse me? What did you say?" He goes. "Oh...Well. When we get married. I mean...I love you and we're going to get married." me: "we are?" My heart is pounding and I'm grinning all silly. He: "Yes. I'm serious! Will you marry me?" I thought he was joking but no, he was dead serious and asked again. I said all casual "yes." and we talked like nothing happened. The next day when we saw each other in person I though he would say he was not serious but he grabs my hand and looks me in the eye and says "I meant what I said on the phone about marrying you so don't think I was joking. I mean. Obviously not now because you're still in school but in a few yrs..." I said. ok and he was all grinning. "Hey! We're engaged now!"

No flowers, no swooning, no music or bended knee but I can't complain...That was nearly 21 yrs ago:yep:.

:crossfingers: I'll have a proposal story by the end of 2007/early 2008.
He knows he has to call my parents to ask permission.
And I know he's been back to the jeweler we liked - several times.

As soon as it happens, ya'll will know!

I came home in the evening to pack on the day before my SO and I were supposed to leave on our trip to Cancun, MX. I was sad when I got home because my SO wasn't there and none of his stuff was packed. So I called him demanded to know where he was and told him to get his hiney home so he could pack cause I was excited and wanted him to be around. He started making up all kinds of stuff like he was getting gas, etc, etc and I was like why is he lying to me. Its too quiet for him to be getting gas:ohwell:. Anyway, he came home with a $100 gift card to Anne Taylor, so I was like aww he was buying me a gift cause he's excited about our trip.

On the second day of our Cancun trip, we were walking on the beach late at night after I had been getting over a bad hangover and he asks me why I love him and how I know I love him and then I give him my spill about how he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then he gets on his knees and proposes on the beach (which is our favorite place to be). It was so romantic and totally unexpected!

And I found out he was actually getting my ring and not gas. I felt bad for rushing him because he said he almost couldn't get it because I was rushing him home.

Last edited:
These stories are so beautiful! Makes me all swoony and sappy all over again.

Cupcake- Glad you liked mine. I thought it win as corniest proposal ever. Still do:perplexed.

Last edited:
I came home in the evening to pack on the day before my SO and I were supposed to leave on our trip to Cancun, MX. I was sad when I got home because my SO wasn't there and none of his stuff was packed. So I called him demanded to know where he was and told him to get his hiney home so he could pack cause I was excited and wanted him to be around. He started making up all kinds of stuff like he was getting gas, etc, etc and I was like why is he lying to me. Its too quiet for him to be getting gas:ohwell:. Anyway, he came home with a $100 gift card to Anne Taylor, so I was like aww he was buying me a gift cause he's excited about our trip.

On the second day of our Cancun trip, we were walking on the beach late at night after I had been getting over a bad hangover and he asks me why I love him and how I know I love him and then I give him my spill about how he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then he gets on his knees and proposes on the beach (which is our favorite place to be). It was so romantic and totally unexpected!

And I found out he was actually getting my ring and not gas. I felt bad for rushing him because he said he almost couldn't get it because I was rushing him home.

How beautiful and romantic!!

I was sitting on the couch and he said, "here" and I turned around to see him holding the ring with a big stupid look on his face. :rolleyes:

I told him i'm not into the sappy stuff,so it was cool. I just wanted the ring. :grin: When I tell my family/friends how he proposed I get this look --->:ohwell: then :lachen:

My SO proposed to me last month, November 17th actually. We just moved in to an apt and we decided to have a nice big get together. I've been planning this party for about 2 months now, deciding on what kind of food to get and even ordering a photo cake that said "Congratulations Stephanie & Adil on your new home".

So the day of, we wake up and we're trying to get everything together because the party was to start at 7. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong! My mother goes to pick up the cake and comes back to let me know that the baker wrote the wrong thing on the cake and she has to go back, even though when I went to the door I saw her carry a cake upstairs. So at first, I think nothing of it, but when she comes back downstairs I wind up asking her "Are you sure? I could've just sworn that I saw a cake." Her answer? "...No, thats hor dourves (sp)." Then one of my lamps broke, our lunch got BURNED (because we literally were doing too much at one time).

Anyway, the housewarming starts and friends start to arrive and its literally some of the best fun I've ever had. Everyone's laughing and eating and cracking jokes :yep: My mother decides at this point that she wants to bring out the video camera. All I could do was :nono:, reminding her that this was not my 7th birthday party and we need to quit with the video camera antics. So she tells me to go sit down on the couch and so I go, and it wasn't until I sat down that I realized that they had turned the music off. People are moving things off the tables and getting out cameras so I'm just lost. Finally I hear my boyfriend from in the hallway walk in and shout "YO STEPH YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS CAKE OUT!!" and comes and gives it to me. Mind you though, there's a piece of paper covering the cake. So I look at him and go "The paper is covering it what am I seeing?" and I just rip it off. I look at the photo and of course am :grin: but instead of having CONGRATULATIONS, they put "STEPH, WILL YOU MARRY ME?" next to our picture! I didn't even catch the question on the cake until about 10 seconds later and I just bursted into tears! Then he kneels down in front of me and goes "Stephanie, will you marry me?" and I'm just crying and snotting everywhere :lachen:

Everyone starts shouting "Say yes!!" and I nod my head because I literally couldn't speak. We hug and kiss and I yell to him "Oh my god you're so stupid!" because he surprised the heck outta me. So he goes to put on the ring and his hands are trembling but hes beeming from ear to ear it was amazing. :grin:

My SO proposed to me last month, November 17th actually. We just moved in to an apt and we decided to have a nice big get together. I've been planning this party for about 2 months now, deciding on what kind of food to get and even ordering a photo cake that said "Congratulations Stephanie & Adil on your new home".

So the day of, we wake up and we're trying to get everything together because the party was to start at 7. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong! My mother goes to pick up the cake and comes back to let me know that the baker wrote the wrong thing on the cake and she has to go back, even though when I went to the door I saw her carry a cake upstairs. So at first, I think nothing of it, but when she comes back downstairs I wind up asking her "Are you sure? I could've just sworn that I saw a cake." Her answer? "...No, thats hor dourves (sp)." Then one of my lamps broke, our lunch got BURNED (because we literally were doing too much at one time).

Anyway, the housewarming starts and friends start to arrive and its literally some of the best fun I've ever had. Everyone's laughing and eating and cracking jokes :yep: My mother decides at this point that she wants to bring out the video camera. All I could do was :nono:, reminding her that this was not my 7th birthday party and we need to quit with the video camera antics. So she tells me to go sit down on the couch and so I go, and it wasn't until I sat down that I realized that they had turned the music off. People are moving things off the tables and getting out cameras so I'm just lost. Finally I hear my boyfriend from in the hallway walk in and shout "YO STEPH YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS CAKE OUT!!" and comes and gives it to me. Mind you though, there's a piece of paper covering the cake. So I look at him and go "The paper is covering it what am I seeing?" and I just rip it off. I look at the photo and of course am :grin: but instead of having CONGRATULATIONS, they put "STEPH, WILL YOU MARRY ME?" next to our picture! I didn't even catch the question on the cake until about 10 seconds later and I just bursted into tears! Then he kneels down in front of me and goes "Stephanie, will you marry me?" and I'm just crying and snotting everywhere :lachen:

Everyone starts shouting "Say yes!!" and I nod my head because I literally couldn't speak. We hug and kiss and I yell to him "Oh my god you're so stupid!" because he surprised the heck outta me. So he goes to put on the ring and his hands are trembling but hes beeming from ear to ear it was amazing. :grin:

Beautiful!!!

AWWWWW!!!!! That's SO sweet!!!! :meme:

He didn't. I proposed to him...:grin:

We were chilling watching TV one night and I was like...let's get married. His response was: Are you proposing to me? I was like uh, yeah. He was like that's weird, never had a girl proposed to me, but I was gonna ask you but too scared so....okay.:yep:

This was 5 weeks after meeting each other! We got married 2 weeks later, it will be 5 years next March.
So cute!!!!!!!

Back