How Did He Propose?

I just couldn't take the headaches I would get when he left my place Sunday night! I swear, it was like I would get dizzy, couldn't concentrate, ansie (sp) :spinning:. By the middle of the week, boss would be like (he's British): "love, do you need a bloody day off or should I call that lova boy you met to come get you?" LOL. Needless to say, on Friday when he flew back into town (he would fly every weekend to stay the weekend with me), I was racing to get to the airport and once I seen him, it was like I had oxygen again! I kid you not, this was THE most weird experience I had over a man, so I had to ask him to marry me! He was taking toooooo long! Days seemed like decades away from him!

I am sooooooo ready for this kind of love! That is beautiful.

He had already spoken to my son about it and kind of asked his permission(who asks a 5 year old?)
We were sitting at the breakfast table...I was still in my pj's, head scarf on and my son said Mom will you be Greg's wife....I was like boy hush what are you talking about :nuts:...Greg doesnt say a word...just proceeds to stuff more pancake in his mouth
Jacob says Will you be married to Greg.....I'm like one day...i guess:ohwell:
Jacob says Greg told me he wants you to marry him....I was like WHAT
Greg finally speaks.....Well what do you say.....Jacob says she say yes

And here I am with 10 more months to go until my big day.

TOO CUTE. I would have loved to have seen that one.

It was Valentine's Day and after we got off of work, he took me out to lunch. Afterwards, came home and he said he wanted to show me something on the game he was playing. Well when I looked up I saw this billboard in the game that said Will You Marry Me? Once I finally realized what was happening, I started screaming and turned around and he had the ring in his hand. He was like is that a yes and I shook my head crying. I called my mother right away and we were both screaming on the phone. That was one of the most happiest days of my life.

Beautiful!!!
It was Valentine's Day and after we got off of work, he took me out to lunch. Afterwards, came home and he said he wanted to show me something on the game he was playing. Well when I looked up I saw this billboard in the game that said Will You Marry Me? Once I finally realized what was happening, I started screaming and turned around and he had the ring in his hand. He was like is that a yes and I shook my head crying. I called my mother right away and we were both screaming on the phone. That was one of the most happiest days of my life.

DH and I had been dating since my freshman year in college. At the time of our engagement, I was 27 and he was 29. We had broken up, gotten back together, broken up and gotten back together. At this point, our last "get back together" had happened two years earlier, and we were going strong. Of course, I was looking for a ring. Every holiday, I was expecting something. Thanksgiving, I was looking for something in the turkey. Christmas, I was looking for a small box. Easter, I checked out every basket I could. Nothing. I started dreading holidays, because I would build myself up, only to be let down again.

So in the summer of '98, he invited me overseas to visit with his brother in Germany, and we would make a side trip to Paris. Of course, I was suspicious, but I didn't want to build myself up yet again. After a couple of days doing tourist stuff in Germany, we went over to Paris. The first place we hit was the Eiffel Tower. We looked around and got ready to head back down. He and his brother were behind me, and i hear them whispering to each other - "I thought you were going to do it here?" "No, it's too crowded". Hmm, I thought.

Couple of days later, his brother had to go back to work in Germany, leaving us to roam around Paris on our own. One evening, it had rained in the city, so we were watching CNN in the hotel room. All of a sudden he turns to me:

him: Will you go with me?
me: Huh? It's raining. Where we gon' go? :lachen:
him: Oh, I don't know. How about to the ends of the earth?
me: (thinking to myself - ohhhhhhh, this is it!) Wherever you go, I'll go.
him: Well, in that case, will you marry me?
me: Yes!

He pulled out a diamond ring and put it on my finger. Hugging and kissing and......other things.....ensued. I called some folks, but it was 2:00 in the morning in the U.S. We opened the minibar and got drunk on the champaign and wine as we celebrated. The next day, our last day in Paris, the sun was shining bright as we walked along the Champs Elysee, my ring sparkling in the sunshine. We got married 7 months later, and will be married 9 years in March.

Oh my God this is so beautiful!!! :cry: :yay: :clap:

I am exactly where you were in 1998 and my mind is going 1,000 miles a minute :drunk:
DH and I had been dating since my freshman year in college. At the time of our engagement, I was 27 and he was 29. We had broken up, gotten back together, broken up and gotten back together. At this point, our last "get back together" had happened two years earlier, and we were going strong. Of course, I was looking for a ring. Every holiday, I was expecting something. Thanksgiving, I was looking for something in the turkey. Christmas, I was looking for a small box. Easter, I checked out every basket I could. Nothing. I started dreading holidays, because I would build myself up, only to be let down again.

So in the summer of '98, he invited me overseas to visit with his brother in Germany, and we would make a side trip to Paris. Of course, I was suspicious, but I didn't want to build myself up yet again. After a couple of days doing tourist stuff in Germany, we went over to Paris. The first place we hit was the Eiffel Tower. We looked around and got ready to head back down. He and his brother were behind me, and i hear them whispering to each other - "I thought you were going to do it here?" "No, it's too crowded". Hmm, I thought.

Couple of days later, his brother had to go back to work in Germany, leaving us to roam around Paris on our own. One evening, it had rained in the city, so we were watching CNN in the hotel room. All of a sudden he turns to me:

him: Will you go with me?
me: Huh? It's raining. Where we gon' go? :lachen:
him: Oh, I don't know. How about to the ends of the earth?
me: (thinking to myself - ohhhhhhh, this is it!) Wherever you go, I'll go.
him: Well, in that case, will you marry me?
me: Yes!

He pulled out a diamond ring and put it on my finger. Hugging and kissing and......other things.....ensued. I called some folks, but it was 2:00 in the morning in the U.S. We opened the minibar and got drunk on the champaign and wine as we celebrated. The next day, our last day in Paris, the sun was shining bright as we walked along the Champs Elysee, my ring sparkling in the sunshine. We got married 7 months later, and will be married 9 years in March.

Oh my God this is so beautiful!!! :cry: :yay: :clap:

I am exactly where you were in 1998 and my mind is going 1,000 miles a minute :drunk:

I know it's tough, because you feel like you're spinning your wheels. I at least had some indication that he was going to propose eventually....but when? That was my question! But I knew that he was "the one", so I stuck it out. I asked him later why he waited so long, and he said he "just wasn't ready". For what? I would STILL love to know. We dated for 10 years! But I think it had something to do with trying to get his financial house in order, blah, blah. But we could have done all that together, you know? I say all that to say, keep hope alive :grin:

My boyfriend came over my house, we were sitting in the living room watching the superbowl. This is how the conversation went:

Him:Can I see your feet?
Me: why?
Him: I just wanna see your feet.
Me: I'm not your wife, get outta here
Him: What? You have to be someone's wife before you let him see your feet?
Me: Yeah
Him: :rolleyes:
Me: :ohwell:

Both of us are silent....

(I always had on socks and sneakers everytime he came over my house.)

I got up and went to the kitchen to make me a sandwich....he follows me to the kitchen.

Him: What ya makin'?
Me: I'm making me a sandwich.
Him: How come you never cook for me?
Me: I'm not your wife.
Him: First you have to be my wife before you let me see your feet now you have to be my wife before you cook for me???? :rolleyes: :perplexed
Me: Yep :look: :yawn:
Him: You get on my nerves. You won't give me none, you won't let me see your feet and you won't cook for me. :rolleyes:
Me. :ohwell: :rolleyes:

Silence.....(while he watches me make one sandwich)

Him: Will you marry me?
Me: Oh yeah?
Him: Yeah.
Me: Ok
Him: Is that a yes or no?
Me: Yes

He goes back to the livingroom to finish watching the game. I go to the refrigerator and get 2 more pieces of bread for a second sandwich. :grin:

We got married 9 months later......just celebrated 5 years of marriage October 19th.

Last edited:
My boyfriend came over my house, we were sitting in the living room watching the superbowl. This is how the conversation went:

I got up and went to the kitchen to make me a sandwich....he follows me to the kitchen.

Him: First you have to be my wife before you let me see your feet now you have to be my wife before you cook for me???? :rolleyes: :perplexed
Him: You get on my nerves. You won't give me none, you won't let me see your feet and you won't cook for me. :rolleyes:

He goes back to the livingroom to finish watching the game. I go to the refrigerator and get 2 more pieces of bread for a second sandwich. :grin:

We got married 9 months later......just celebrated 5 years of marriage October 19th.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

:eek: I love it! :lol:

He didn't. I proposed to him...:grin:

We were chilling watching TV one night and I was like...let's get married. His response was: Are you proposing to me? I was like uh, yeah. He was like that's weird, never had a girl proposed to me, but I was gonna ask you but too scared so....okay.:yep:

This was 5 weeks after meeting each other! We got married 2 weeks later, it will be 5 years next March.

See you are proof that it does not take forever.

:funny:...............

We'd "known" we were going to get married about a month into the relationship but neither one of us said anything to the other; it's just that feeling you get when it's right. About six months into the relationship, during a trip to my mother's, we went to the mall and were walking around all lovey dovey. We passed an older couple and the lady yelled out, "yall go on over to the jewelry store and honey make sure he picks you out a nice ring!!" I mean straight out of the blue. But we figured what the heck, the world could see we were in love.

Well that started us on a tradition of looking at rings whenever we went to the mall. Fast forward another 10 months and hundreds of trips to the mall and hundreds of looking at his versison of the perfect ring. None of which I liked. One night in Tampa, we continued the tradition and he found a ring. He asked if I liked it and instead of my normal - it's took big, too gawdy, too showy for my uniform, I said it's nice.

I was hungry and tired and had to go to the bathroom. I have a notoriously small bladder. I came back from the bathroom, we left the mall. As usual he opened my car the door and as I swung my legs to get in, he's on one knee!!! I screamed and cried and laughed and MAN!!

We went to dinner with me having mascara down my face and bloody red, eyes, I looked like a vicitim - I was soooooooo happy!

Last edited:
I just couldn't take the headaches I would get when he left my place Sunday night! I swear, it was like I would get dizzy, couldn't concentrate, ansie (sp) :spinning:. By the middle of the week, boss would be like (he's British): "love, do you need a bloody day off or should I call that lova boy you met to come get you?" LOL. Needless to say, on Friday when he flew back into town (he would fly every weekend to stay the weekend with me), I was racing to get to the airport and once I seen him, it was like I had oxygen again! I kid you not, this was THE most weird experience I had over a man, so I had to ask him to marry me! He was taking toooooo long! Days seemed like decades away from him!

Ew that is sickeningly sweet. *vomit*

:lachen:

Ok this just made me HOWL. What is wrong with you girl? :lachen::lachen::lachen:

We'd "known" we were going to get married about a month into the relationship but neither one of us said anything to the other; it's just that feeling you get when it's right. About six months into the relationship, during a trip to my mother's, we went to the mall and were walking around all lovey dovey. We passed an older couple and the lady yelled out, "yall go on over to the jewelry store and honey make sure he picks you out a nice ring!!" I mean straight out of the blue. But we figured what the heck, the world could see we were in love.

Well that started us on a tradition of looking at rings whenever we went to the mall. Fast forward another 10 months and hundreds of trips to the mall and hundreds of looking at his versison of the perfect ring. None of which I liked. One night in Tampa, we continued the tradition and he found a ring. He asked if I liked it and instead of my normal - it's took big, too gawdy, too showy for my uniform, I said it's nice.

I was hungry and tired and had to go to the bathroom. I have a notoriously small bladder. I came back from the bathroom, we left the mall. As usual he opened my car the door and as I swung my legs to get in, he's on one knee!!! I screamed and cried and laughed and MAN!!

We went to dinner with me having mascara down my face and bloody red, eyes, I looked like a vicitim - I was soooooooo happy!

AWW..THAT'S CUTE!!!!!!:grin:

My SO & I both love holiday's, and were planning some really great family events for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Well a few days before Thanksgiving (of 2006), I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. So, we had to cancel all of our Thanksgiving plans and were both so upset. We decided to go ahead and do the same plans except at Christmas instead of Turkey Day.

Well, Christmas Eve rolls around...and guess what...back in the ER with yet another bout of Pneumonia. Seems that the antibioitics didn't clear the first go round. I was feeling like death...warmed...over. I was sooooo sick it wasn't even funny. I knew how much Christmas means to my SO, so I pulled myself up off my sick couch to go visit w/him and his family in the POURING, FREEZING RAIN. I said my "hello's" and picked at a little bit of food, then headed straight to SO's bedroom to lay down. When I woke up, there was a HUGE Teddy Bear sitting on the pillow next to me. It almost scared me!! I picked it up and played with it for a while, and then noticed that there was a ring attatched to the ribbon around his neck. I was so excited, I just pulled the ring off and put it on my finger before my SO could even propose with it!!! :lol: :lol: I always get teased for that!!! :lol: :lol:

My SO & I both love holiday's, and were planning some really great family events for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Well a few days before Thanksgiving (of 2006), I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. So, we had to cancel all of our Thanksgiving plans and were both so upset. We decided to go ahead and do the same plans except at Christmas instead of Turkey Day.

Well, Christmas Eve rolls around...and guess what...back in the ER with yet another bout of Pneumonia. Seems that the antibioitics didn't clear the first go round. I was feeling like death...warmed...over. I was sooooo sick it wasn't even funny. I knew how much Christmas means to my SO, so I pulled myself up off my sick couch to go visit w/him and his family in the POURING, FREEZING RAIN. I said my "hello's" and picked at a little bit of food, then headed straight to SO's bedroom to lay down. When I woke up, there was a HUGE Teddy Bear sitting on the pillow next to me. It almost scared me!! I picked it up and played with it for a while, and then noticed that there was a ring attatched to the ribbon around his neck. I was so excited, I just pulled the ring off and put it on my finger before my SO could even propose with it!!! :lol: :lol: I always get teased for that!!! :lol: :lol:

That is too sweet. Now that's the way to make up for deferred holiday plans!!

AWW!!! I LOVE IT!! CONGRATS!!!

So it took a total stranger to say out loud what the two of you had been thinking, and why a VICTIM???? :lachen:Very nice story :yep:

Girl, I wouldna got that ring THAT day!! That diamond must have been callin you :lachen:

:cry: That was a beautiful story :D ...thanks for sharing :)

Back