Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Anyone else noticing weight loss that cannot be attributed to anything except chlorella? I have lost almost 5lbs although I've fallen off my workout routine and have still been eating pasta, ice cream, lots of cheese, cheesecake & potato chips?

With my work schedule and all of the lunch & dinner events, I would have expected to gain a few pounds in the last 3 weeks but instead have lost weight.

I have! People at work ask me am I working out. I have been in the Popeyes Chicken line lately and I am still losing.

Anyone else noticing weight loss that cannot be attributed to anything except chlorella? I have lost almost 5lbs although I've fallen off my workout routine and have still been eating pasta, ice cream, lots of cheese, cheesecake & potato chips?

With my work schedule and all of the lunch & dinner events, I would have expected to gain a few pounds in the last 3 weeks but instead have lost weight.

:grin: I've lost weight and I haven;t been to the gym in almost 1 month. I did find I was eating a lot in my first week of taking chlorella but now my cravings are curbed and I feel lighter :blush::lachen: and flatter.

Losing weight is a good thing...

:grin: I've lost weight and I haven;t been to the gym in almost 1 month. I did find I was eating a lot in my first week of taking chlorella but now my cravings are curbed and I feel lighter :blush::lachen: and flatter.

Losing weight is a good thing...

How many grams ladies??? Yall know everybody will want to know!!! Thanks...

How many grams ladies??? Yall know everybody will want to know!!! Thanks...

Believe it or not I'm on 4000g (source naturals 200mg) so I'm chewing 20 tablets for the whole week :lick: and scaring a lot of people with my green gob.
I tried the powder for one day but it made me gag so I'll wait until I get my smoothie maker.

I've been introducing chlorella into my system upping my dose every week.
I started on 16th october with 500g/1000g for one week
Following week was 1000g
Following week was 1500g
Following week was 2000/3000
And so on until I reached 4g.

I've been really lazy (read: busy) have not been gym since I started taking it :nono: but it's like dreaming of going to the gym is enough for now :grin: (loa??) I do walk and play with the puppy so maybe that helps.

I was roughly around 201llbs :drowning: now I'm 194llbs :bdance: it's not much but I'm happy.

Not going green but I'm going :creatures

Update - I love the powder.

A few months ago I forgot to purchase and wound up using the Earthrise brand pills. Was not the same. I decided to be patient and wait until I finished up the bottle of the pills.

Still not working as well but I will finish taking them. Just reordered two 16 oz containers of Source Naturals from Amazon for $37 each. I also ordered 16oz of Spirulina.

The difference between the powder and the pills is amazing. I will not make the same mistake twice.

Still trying to get my mother on it. She has lupus but the doctor will not allow her to take it. He'd rather give her chemo medication that she immediately had to stop taking due to its horrible effects. Anyway - sorry - just venting.....

Believe it or not I'm on 4000g (source naturals 200mg) so I'm chewing 20 tablets for the whole week :lick: and scaring a lot of people with my green gob.
I tried the powder for one day but it made me gag so I'll wait until I get my smoothie maker.

I've been introducing chlorella into my system upping my dose every week.
I started on 16th october with 500g/1000g for one week
Following week was 1000g
Following week was 1500g
Following week was 2000/3000
And so on until I reached 4g.

I've been really lazy (read: busy) have not been gym since I started taking it :nono: but it's like dreaming of going to the gym is enough for now :grin: (loa??) I do walk and play with the puppy so maybe that helps.

I was roughly around 201llbs :drowning: now I'm 194llbs :bdance: it's not much but I'm happy.

Not going green but I'm going :creatures

Sounds like you are adjusting slowly which is the way to go. That slow adjustment is helping your body to process the chlorella appropriately and one of the effects seems to be weight loss because your body is balancing your system. Good for you!

I am taking the NOW tablets, im going to order Source from Vitacost today.
Today was my first day and I took 3 grams...Hope that wasnt too much to start off with.

Last edited:
Ok ladies I will ask the question since it is coming... How many grams are you guys taking??

I've been taking 3-5 grams powder per day. I'm doing a weight loss class at the gym where we are weighed weekly. I actually lost 3 pds last week. The miracle was that it was the week of my cycle and I ALWAYS gain during that week. I have noticed better results since I start taking it straight, not mixed with juice. Seems to go right into your system and BINGO you're green. I read about how it promotes rapid growth in children and improves their immune system. My 4-year old of course wants everything he sees me eating. He is always begging me for some. He thinks it's yummy. He's always been a small child in the lower growth percentiles and I gave him some after he got a virus in preschool. Not only did he recover quickly, but he didn't lose weight as he normally does during an illness. In fact, he gained weight. I am slowly increasing myself to about 7 grams per day.

Anyone else also not worried about getting sick or all this H1N1 hype because of your Chlorella regimen? I just feel super healthy while everyone around me is coughing, sneezing, etc. I just want to tell people to forget the vaccine, get some Chlorella in your life!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

Am I crazy for feeling this way or should I be concerned? :look:

Last edited:
Anyone else also not worried about getting sick or all this H1N1 hype because of your Chlorella regimen? I just feel super healthy while everyone around me is coughing, sneezing, etc. I just want to tell people to forget the vaccine, get some Chlorella in your life!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

I'm I crazy for feeling this way or should I be concerned? :look:

I'm not crazy paranoid about the H1N1. I did get the vaccine for my son, but I only got the regular flu shot. I take the train daily to work, so lord knows I'm around tons of sneezing/coughing folks on the daily. So far so good. I guess even more reason to increase my dosage. I hope we all make it through flu season germ-free.

I've been taking chlorella now for approximately four weeks. Haven't seen any effects on hair growth yet but chlorella is making my hair softer. The biggest changes are that my scalp and my face are producing oil. My facial skin is very soft because of the extra oil.

I had tried an herbal rinse before with nettle, horsetail, and a whole bunch of Indian powders before. I guess the proportions weren't right because all it did was make my hair hard so I just gave up. I decided to give the nettle rinse a try last night. The only herbs in the rinse were nettle and horsetail. This did the trick! My hair was soft even the dry ends. It's still holding onto the softness almost 24 hours later. Normally, I can only keep my hair feeling soft for around 12 hours at the most.

I started taking 1000mg of Vitaminshoppe Super Chlorella about a month ago. Immediate symptoms were an itchy back and a little hair shed just like when I started MSM. It didnt alarm me. Every time I go through detox I get the itchies and I just up my water intake. The hair shed is not a lot but I noticed. I usually get none but now Im getting about 30-40 hairs when I wash my hair. This happened with msm, so I expect this to stop in about 3 more weeks. I read in some article that hair shedding is not such a bad thing. http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_loss_research/causes_hair_shedding.cfm Oh, It helped me to lose and maintain weight. I guess because of the bathroom going.:blush: But no significant hair growth yet. I did see hair growth with MSM though.

Its my 3rd day at 3g and I'm still regular, thank God. Oh and I ended up order my Source from Amazon cause it was a tad bit cheaper, plus I didn't feel like going through the motions with VitaCost.

Last edited:
OP, before I get to bed....I'm visiting this thread again, because my hub started talking about Chlorella and its benefits all around.

Admittedly, I tried it some time ago, roundabout when you first started this thread and I couldn't get pass the taste, even when I tried it with applesauce or juice.

However, I have been hearing about the Chelating benefits of Chlorella - to remove heavy metals etc from the system.

Do you, or anyone else on this forum know about these benefits?

OP, before I get to bed....I'm visiting this thread again, because my hub started talking about Chlorella and its benefits all around.

Admittedly, I tried it some time ago, roundabout when you first started this thread and I couldn't get pass the taste, even when I tried it with applesauce or juice.

However, I have been hearing about the Chelating benefits of Chlorella - to remove heavy metals etc from the system.

Do you, or anyone else on this forum know about these benefits?

Yes. Chlorella binds mercury, other metals, and other toxins and removes them from your system. That's why in post #1 and #2 which is the quick start guide, it explains that you have to go through detox symptoms. Your body is slowly detoxing from toxins and metals.

Here's a little on that:
http://herbal-properties.suite101.com/article.cfm/chlorella_herbal_supplement_removes_heavy_metals
Chlorella has a fibrous outer shell that actually binds with the heavy metals in the bloodstream and assists in pulling them out of tissues. Chlorella's cleansing action on the bowel and other elimination channels, as well as its protection of the liver, helps keep the blood clean. Clean blood insures that metabolic wastes are efficiently carried away from the tissues

HTH!

I'll post more later on tonight. I've been slacking and have to get back to my research project.

^^^^^ Thank you so much OP, for posting that link. Great info.

I'm looking into alternative natural ways to start chelation on my son, and look forward to anything else you may have.

All the best with your research project!

Today is my 4th day and I went green yesterday, I was so happy. (I know that weird LOL). I will up it to 4g next Wednesday cause that will make a week on Chlorella. Oh and my powder came yesterday!

I ordered and received my Chlorella today. Will start taking today. After reading about the health benefits, I decided to try it out. If my hair benefits, great, but I need to get my body together for reals.

All these supplements, I need a pill box LOL

I ran out of chlorella in October, and have not yet repurchased.

Its on on my Christmas list

Hi ladies,

I've bought some source naturals yaeyama chlorella powder and am aiming to start taking it from this weekend (1 teaspoon/3g to start), but was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions for me.

1. Is it ok for me to take the chlorella at night? I'd like to take it just before bedtime as I'm thinking it will have more time to work while I sleep. And if it is ok to take at bedtime, how long after eating should I wait before taking it? I usually eat between 8pm and 9pm most nights.

2. Does it matter what liquid to take it with? I was thinking apple juice or orange juice or a fruit squash maybe, but don't know if any of these would interfere with the composition.

I'm really sorry if any of these questions have been answered previously, but unfortunately I'm still making my way through this thread (am currently on page 22 so I have quite a way to go :grin:)

TIA
Cairo
x

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Update:

I have not been active for a while. I am still taking Chlorella and love it. I stupidly allowed myself to run out at the end of the summer and purchased the pills. Personally, I did not see the same effects. I actually did get sick. I haven't been sick in months. Usually I have chronic sinus infections.

Well, last week I purchased my Source Naturals Yaeyama powder and can't wait to be green again. :drunk: I also purchased Spirulina powder as well. I take 1 teaspoon of both per day.

Also, tried to get Mom on Chlorella for Lupus and Fibromyalgia. Doctor put the kibosh on it. I'm going to keep working on her....

I would personally not take it at night. I generally get a serious energy boost when I take it. I actually have to stop drinking it around 3pm.

I agree with this. When I take chlorella at night, I have vivid dreams and do not sleep well.

I only take it during the day now.

I would personally not take it at night. I generally get a serious energy boost when I take it. I actually have to stop drinking it around 3pm.

Back