Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
200mg * age = recommended dosage according to my children's chlorella pills. I would start at an eighth of a teaspoon and go no higher than half a teaspoon for someone that young.

Even with this advice, I'd recommend the previous poster's advice as the child is only 2 years of age. Give the smallest amount possible. 1/8 or 1/4 a teaspoon:

http://www.healingdaily.com/oral-chelation/chlorella-dosage.htm
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Can chlorella be given to Children:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Absolutely. In fact, chlorella has been shown to promote rapid growth in children, as well as build in them superior immune systems. Children can take 1/2 to 1/4 the adult dose described above. [/SIZE][/FONT]

-------------------
http://www.naturalhealthweb.com/articles/Perry1.html
Even children can enjoy the benefit of chlorella by taking a supplement of sun chlorella. The benefit of chlorella for children includes enhanced general well being as well as healing injuries.

---------------
HTH!

Thank you so much ladies!
I'm going to have everyone in my house taking chlorella pretty soon! :grin:

I need to get my cat back on Chlorella. He's getting sluggish.

My mom's dog Smidget, lady and my dog Cookie are both on it. Smidget just turned twenty. He has cataracts (as with dogs that age it sometimes happens) and is also slow and sleeps alot. Since put on chlorella he acts years younger, and doesn't need as much sleep. He still seeps a lot but it isn't all day. I went to visit my mom and he had dirt on his nose when he came in from the back yard after going out to play. My mom gave him a bath. And I was like what? He's digging again? He's a daushund known for digging, and he used to love to dig in the yard when he was younger much to my mom's dismay. He's baaaack. Suffice it to say she's very happy about it though, because she knows he's feeling peppier. He also has a little bit more pep in his step too.:grin: Cookie's very young and she already has a lot of energy but it's off the charts since chlorella. Also Lady, my mother's other dog also benefits (she's 12), and her joints don't seem to bother her as much (she used to walk down the stairs really slow, but now it's like she's younger and she just walks down at a normal pace). So I told my mom I'm always going to give my dogs chlorella and she agreed after seeing the results. They each get one pellet a day (lady gets two because she weighs more. They're both miniature dausunds and break the scale at around 12 pounds...well the male smidget is around 16 and Cookie is 12).

Chlorella is good for animals, children, and people in general...sans those with allergies of course!

^^^
what about for pregnant women? Do you know about the safety and benefits of taking Chlorella while pregnant? I know there was some information somewhere in this threat waaaaaaaay back, I searched but can't find it. TIA.

I've been taking all the notes but I must have skipped past the part when you ladies mention how much of whatever you are drinking with your amount of chlorella. Mine is coming in the mail today. I think I read you should drink 32oz of something with chlorella but I'm so confused.

Hey ladies, I have a wierd question. Can chlorella interfere with your period? Maybe this had already been asked and answered, but sorry. I was supposed to get mine today( TMI--i know ) and it is always on time. I am far from preggo, so that's not it. Just wondering!

I ordered a few days ago and can't wait to get my chlorella. I ordered both the tabs and the powder. Tabs are best for a beginner like me then I can move onto the powder. I went with iherb. I will try the brands in my country when I finish my source naturals

I don't think there is anything wrong with taking fish oil and chlorella.

I have a question...can chlorella be mixed into acidic drinks? Like freshly squeezed lemon juice?
I'm thinking about taking chlorella along with my daily ACV and honey drink but I'm worried about the acid mixing with an alkaline product. Will this make my chlorella weaker?

Hey ladies, I have a wierd question. Can chlorella interfere with your period? Maybe this had already been asked and answered, but sorry. I was supposed to get mine today( TMI--i know ) and it is always on time. I am far from preggo, so that's not it. Just wondering!

It has happened to several people, including me. Some women mentioned that it helped lighten their flow, too. I was always every 26 days, NEVER late.. But after about a month of taking chlorella regularly, it came 3 days late. Then, after a couple weeks, I spotted for about 5 days. I've never spotted in my life, so I was actually excited to know that the chlorella was shifting something. I actually have my period right now, and this time it came on the 27th day, and is MUCH more comfortable than it has been in the past. No pain, no lethargy, lighter than usual.. pretty pleasant as far as periods go!

^^^
what about for pregnant women? Do you know about the safety and benefits of taking Chlorella while pregnant? I know there was some information somewhere in this threat waaaaaaaay back, I searched but can't find it. TIA.

I would take a small amount before increasing just to see how you tolerate it. Use your own judgment in deciding if it's right for you and do some research:

Here's some info this one is from a pregnancy nutrition site:
http://kidsdirect.net/BD/pregnancy/nutrition.htm
The best would be to get all your nutrients from the food you are eating. This takes some planning and preparation, and you would be wise to include freshly pressed vegetable juices, wheat grass juice, herbal teas and fresh, nourishing herbs, and 'natural' supplements such as chlorella, spirulina, and flax seed oil. Eat only organic, fresh vegetables, whole grains, and protein preferably from vegetarian sources. Try to eat 70% or more of your food 'raw'.

---------------------
http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/jmf.2006.023
In addition, 18 of the 35 women took Chlorella pyrenoidosa (Chlorella) supplements during pregnancy, and the effects on dioxin and IgA concentrations in breast milk were investigated. Toxic equivalents were significantly lower in the breast milk of women taking Chlorella tablets than in the Control group (P = .003). These results suggest that Chlorella supplementation by the mother may reduce transfer of dioxins to the child through breast milk.
-------------------
http://www.wellnessresources.com/tips/articles/chlorella/
A Japanese study with healthy pregnant women found that taking 6,000 mg of chlorella per day during pregnancy significantly reduced the amount of dioxins in breast milk compared to controls (a 40% reduction). Additionally, the study also showed an added immune benefit in that the sIGA of women taking chlorella was higher in their breast milk – meaning their children got better quality immune support.
-------------------------------

I've been taking all the notes but I must have skipped past the part when you ladies mention how much of whatever you are drinking with your amount of chlorella. Mine is coming in the mail today. I think I read you should drink 32oz of something with chlorella but I'm so confused.

Can some one please help me out?? I just got my Chlorella this weekend and I want to start today but I wasn't sure what to drink with it...or how much of it. I know some people take water... but any other liquid with flavor I would prefer. I am going to head to the store and get a Naked Juice or something. I'm super nervouse so I am going to start on the 1g so far. Thanks girls.

Last edited:
Update:
I didn't want to over think anything so I just ran to the store and grabbed a Nake Juice Green Machine... I poured in what looked like 1 teaspoon (I hope that 's not over kill) and I'm 2/3rds done!

I might be hyped up, maybe reading 500+ pages on Chlorella but I seriously feel tingly inside. I look dead to the world yall!! I partied this weekend (BET Hip Hop Awards weekend in Atlanta) and I thought I'd have to curl up in the bathroom corner some where cuz I've been yawning since this morning!!!! I just ate right before drinking this so but I don't know I feel like I just gotta jolt in my pants. :bouncegre Even though I can still feel the heaviness in my eyes, I feel like my mind is all over the place. ... I can't explain it and I damn sure wont be telling my co-workers... they may think it's crack.

I don't know if it 's the green machine or the Chlorella but between the two... it stinks!!!! Although it really doesn't effect the taste. I kinda like it as long as I don't take a whiff!! :fart:

Note: I need to find a cheaper alternative to the Naked Juice.

My chlorella has not arrived yet. I ordered from iherb.com on 10/4, it shipped priority mail on 10/6 but was not delivered on 10/9 or 10/10 as expected. We do get express mail packages on Sundays but it was priority mail & not express. Mail did not run today because of the holiday so I guess it will finally arrive tomorrow.

I know better now than to order from California when I am on the east coast.

I did use the $5 off coupon for first time customers but I won't use them again for anything that I want quickly.

Still green....:grin:

and loving it....

my skin glow glows, nails are stronger, lashes darker, and I swear I have less gray hair coming in...:yep:

It finally arrived.........but I am not gonna be able to drink this stuff with water. My source naturals powder is deep green and tastes like what I presume pond scum tastes like.

What is everyone using to mix their powder. And doesn't it make the entire drink taste like the powder?

I feel you!! I just held my nose to drink my 8oz of water & 3 tsp of chlorella powder. I am not gonna be able to drink it unless I cannot smell it.

I don't know if it 's the green machine or the Chlorella but between the two... it stinks!!!! Although it really doesn't effect the taste. I kinda like it as long as I don't take a whiff!! :fart:

Note: I need to find a cheaper alternative to the Naked Juice.

Natural... I have been using Naked Juice Green Machine, which is great with chlorella...but I need a more inexpensive alternative.

FYI Naked Juice also has it's own serving of chlorella, I was surprised.

FYI, Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness is a little cheaper than the Naked Juice, practically tastes the same and when the ingredients are compared seems like it's even more beneficial.
I get a 64 oz for $5,88-5.99 and the same size of the Naked is about $10.

I feel you!! I just held my nose to drink my 8oz of water & 3 tsp of chlorella powder. I am not gonna be able to drink it unless I cannot smell it.

Add more water. I put my 4 tsps (12g) or more in 16-20 oz. of water.
Barely has a smell and I can't taste anything but water. :yep:

I must have special taste buds. After a few months taking chlorella and spirulina, the taste doesn't bother me anymore. If not for how it cakes up, I would just take it straight and follow with the water. In fact, I do when I'm at home sometimes.

Thanks! I picked up the bolthouse for $3.99 (32 oz) to try it out and I do like it. The banana flavor over powers the other ingredients, to me at least.

FYI, Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness is a little cheaper than the Naked Juice, practically tastes the same and when the ingredients are compared seems like it's even more beneficial.
I get a 64 oz for $5,88-5.99 and the same size of the Naked is about $10.

It finally arrived.........but I am not gonna be able to drink this stuff with water. My source naturals powder is deep green and tastes like what I presume pond scum tastes like.

What is everyone using to mix their powder. And doesn't it make the entire drink taste like the powder?

:lachen::lachen:

Thanks! I picked up the bolthouse for $3.99 (32 oz) to try it out and I do like it. The banana flavor over powers the other ingredients, to me at least.

You're welcome!

I just got my chlorella (both tabs and powder) in the post today from iherb (took 8 days due to system problems with iherb) I'm surprised it came so quickly. The powder smells quite nice. I like damp smells (strange).

Heres to going green
Cheers

Do you think chlorella can help you to get over a hangover quicker?

My chlorella has not arrived yet. I ordered from iherb.com on 10/4, it shipped priority mail on 10/6 but was not delivered on 10/9 or 10/10 as expected. We do get express mail packages on Sundays but it was priority mail & not express. Mail did not run today because of the holiday so I guess it will finally arrive tomorrow.

I know better now than to order from California when I am on the east coast.

I did use the $5 off coupon for first time customers but I won't use them again for anything that I want quickly.

I had the same problem and my shipping was international. I contacted iherb and they said it was due to system problems. You don't want to hear that kind of excuse as a first time customer :grin:. what about vitacost? (they are also having technical problems atm:lachen::lachen:).

DH tried and likes the Bolthouse Green Goodness too. Then again, he was drinking Noni Juice for a while which smelled like pigfeet & corn chips to me so Bolthouse is an improvement. :nono:

My order took 8 days, but it did not ship out right away (10/4 order, 10/6 ship). I have only taken 9 grams since Wednesday night (3 grams in the morning and 3 at night) and I have almost "gone green" already so it does work fast or it's the Bolthouse Green Goodness making me nearly green. I am not sure about the hangover help though.

I just got my chlorella (both tabs and powder) in the post today from iherb (took 8 days due to system problems with iherb) I'm surprised it came so quickly. The powder smells quite nice. I like damp smells (strange).

Heres to going green
Cheers

Do you think chlorella can help you to get over a hangover quicker?

I intend to order from vitaglo.com next since they are much closer to me than iherb.

I had the same problem and my shipping was international. I contacted iherb and they said it was due to system problems. You don't want to hear that kind of excuse as a first time customer :grin:. what about vitacost? (they are also having technical problems atm:lachen::lachen:).

Back