• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
What brand of chlorella did you buy?
I just got my chlorella (both tabs and powder) in the post today from iherb (took 8 days due to system problems with iherb) I'm surprised it came so quickly. The powder smells quite nice. I like damp smells (strange).

Heres to going green
Cheers

Do you think chlorella can help you to get over a hangover quicker?

Just curious... what were your first noticeable changes/ symptoms/ advantages/ disadvantages when you first started taking Chlorella?

Right now I feel like crap... 3 steps away from :sick2: and I am wondering if it is from recently starting Chlorella. Thanks.

What brand of chlorella did you buy?

Source naturals.
The tabs taste like mild corn, chalk :grin: and pond water. :blush:
I'm over my hangover but not as fast as I would've like to be. I also slept a lot but I know why :grin::grin:.
Source is the best brand but I found vitacost sells it much cheaper (for the moment).

Just curious... what were your first noticeable changes/ symptoms/ advantages/ disadvantages when you first started taking Chlorella?

Right now I feel like crap... 3 steps away from :sick2: and I am wondering if it is from recently starting Chlorella. Thanks.

I slept a lot but that was after a 48hr bender :nono: my tummy hurts a little (almost like period pains). But I have energy and I feel like I could do another 24 hrs :lachen: I will report back after the drank has left the system.

Do you think you could be coming down with something? Our bodies react in different ways to natural products especially if you have a lot of chemicals in your body

So far I feel really good. I have a LOAD of energy. I'm taking the chlorella in pill form; Vitamin Shoppe Brand at 1000mg. So far I'm up to 6grams/day. I hope that I can get up to 10. I don't think I've gone through any detox symptoms yet b/c my body is pretty much acclaimated to the whole superfoods/ green foods thing. I used to take the Garden of Life Perfect Foods--great stuff!:lick:

Sounds to me like you are having detox. But Nappy make sure to read post #1 and #2 to make sure that you are only detoxing and not having an allergic reaction. Each person's symptoms are different and I hope that people will come forward and share theirs. As I went through a detox before starting chlorella (and it was hellish), I must say that I had a smooth ride with chlorella but not everyone does.

You might also want to adjust your dose which is also covered in post 1 and 2 as well as the quick start guide is there.

For the past six months I have been taking 1 tablespoon of Jarrow Chlorella every morning.

Am I taking enough chlorella to see any benefits? I am green but other than that not a lot of tangible benifits that I can relate directly to chlorella. I am taking it more out of habit now than any benefits.

A few months ago in a quest for more energy, I increased my dosage and promptly gained weight. It might have been a coincidence because around the same time I reintroduced carbs into my diet, but once I reduced the amount of chlorella (carbs stayed) my weight went down.

I am hoping that with the addition of spirulina I can up my chlorella intake and see some much needed weight loss benefits as well as an increase in energy.

Advice and suggestions are needed and appreciated!

I use Source Naturals powder and 1 teaspoon is 3 grams. I presume Jarrow is similar in that 1 tablespoon is 9 grams?

I have not noticed a difference yet in energy levels, but I have only been taking 3 grams in the morning and 3 grams at night since Wednesday.

This morning I took 6 grams.

Per the first post "As this product is a food, you can take as much as you want. Beginners should take anywhere from 1-3 grams for about a week. If your body responds well, you can begin taking more after that. A good maintenance dosage is 6-9 grams a day. If you are dealing with autoimmune disease, cancer and other thyroid issues, as well as other diseases and ailments, then 10 grams or more is recommended until the issues have been resolved. Please note that others can take these amounts too in order to go green but should eventually go to the maintanence dose (unless tackling a particular ailment or if you are vegetarian.In that case you can take higher doses to get all the protein you need in a day)."

For the past six months I have been taking 1 tablespoon of Jarrow Chlorella every morning.

Am I taking enough chlorella to see any benefits? I am green but other than that not a lot of tangible benifits that I can relate directly to chlorella. I am taking it more out of habit now than any benefits.

A few months ago in a quest for more energy, I increased my dosage and promptly gained weight. It might have been a coincidence because around the same time I reintroduced carbs into my diet, but once I reduced the amount of chlorella (carbs stayed) my weight went down.

I am hoping that with the addition of spirulina I can up my chlorella intake and see some much needed weight loss benefits as well as an increase in energy.

Advice and suggestions are needed and appreciated!

my local heath store ran out of my preferred tablets so i had to get the powder. i hate it! i feel like its hard to make sure i am using 100% and that its not going down the drain when i wash my glass, i already have to refill my glass like 4 times to make sure i get it all.
Pills are just so much easier. The powder does feel more potent though :)

I took a break from chlorella while on a work trip last week, but I was still green for a few days into the trip. I am back to 6 grams but just could not get it down today....even when mixing with my Green Goodness drink.

I will try again before bed. Jumping back to 6 grams per day instead of 3 grams after being off for a bit may have been a bad idea. I felt a bit sick at work on Thursday (dizzy had to sit down) after having my smoothie with chlorella. I was also in the bathroom far more than usual. That is the only difference in my routine other than my cycle is on for the first time since I started with chlorella.:perplexed

Last edited:
I've been maintaining at around 5g for the past couple of months, but my diet definitely has not been up to scratch. I intend on upping my daily intake over the next week, I want to see some of the benefits I experienced when first started to manifest again once I start eating a little better.

I love it..I use the Sun and Source Nat. brand..although I prefer Sun. the benefits are great! I had a old scar from the chicken pox on the side of my cheek that has been there for years and since I have been taking the Chlorella it has almost disappeared. It seems to diminish scar tissue. Not sure about the hair yet, still in a protective style, but I will do a length check in December so I'll update. My goal is to increase my dosage from 3 grams to 6 grams a day. Yeah Chlorella!

So I switched up the brands. I was taking the Now Chlorella tablets (b/c I was being cheap) but I just started Source Naturals Powder...MAJOR DIFFERENCE! It's been about 10 days and my eyelashes are noticeably longer. Not my original motive for switching, just a added bonus!!!:grin:

I'm in the Hide Your Hair for 6 months Challenge (ends Dec 15th). I've been taking Chlorella the entire time so hopefully I'll see great growth. I wish I would've started with Source Naturals from day 1 :wallbash:

Last edited:
I REALLLY want to try the source naturals or sun chlorella but they don't come in large sizes like the jarrows...does anyone know where to find the larger size of either the Sun/Source Natrual chlorella?...I'm taking about the 1,000 grams or more. I prefer the Sun chlorella though.

I want to start taking the powder and Im having a hard time getting the Source Natural off line. I went to vitamin shoppe they do not carry it in the stores near me. I called several others they do not carry it either. I called GNC the stopped carrying it all together. I did not feel like paying for shipping and I wanted it today. Sucks to be me. Ladies in NYC where do you get your Source Natural powdered chlorella?

I want to start taking the powder and Im having a hard time getting the Source Natural off line. I went to vitamin shoppe they do not carry it in the stores near me. I called several others they do not carry it either. I called GNC the stopped carrying it all together. I did not feel like paying for shipping and I wanted it today. Sucks to be me. Ladies in NYC where do you get your Source Natural powdered chlorella?
I actually order mine online. If I want the pills I go to wholefoods.

I bought the Source Naturals powder at Whole Foods, you can ask them to order the powder if they don't carry it. I got the Sun Chlorella from the Vitamin Shoppe.
Sometimes, if you request if from your local health food store they can order it for you. Hope this helps

I actually order mine online. If I want the pills I go to wholefoods.

I bought the Source Naturals powder at Whole Foods, you can ask them to order the powder if they don't carry it. I got the Sun Chlorella from the Vitamin Shoppe.
Sometimes, if you request if from your local health food store they can order it for you. Hope this helps

Thank you ladies. I will be hitting up wholefood's tomorrow. I already stocked up of Naked. Could not find Bolt house at BJs. Im already green but I'm sick of pills.

The 16oz powder(Source Naturals) has come down in price at Amazon. It was originally $28 when I first bought it, then it went up to $48, I think. Now it's down to $34 and I decided to subscribe to have it auto shipped every 2 months so that brought the price down to $31 and change, shipping included. Anyone seen it cheaper?

Last edited:
Ok I wanted to give an unofficial update on my hair growth with Chlorella. I am currently in a protective style(weave) and I have a net between my hair and the weave. I will not be taking it down until December 16, which will be 3 months.
Normally I only leave it in for about 1.5 to 2 months but the net allows me to extend the time a little longer..I digress
I'm getting excited....:grin:..Ok I was feeling between my net and under my braids and I have at least 3/4 of an inch underneath my braids...OK so I was thinking well I washed my hair a lot so maybe there's been some slipage...then I had my oldest DD come and feel under my braids and I asked her how much growth did she think I had and she said about 3/4 of an inch! ...Now that would be exponential growth on average 1/4 of an inch a week!

One of the things that I did prior to taking the Chlorella was get a colonic so that i could cleanse my system and allow my vitamins to absorb better. I also take a cocktail daily of flaxseed, 30 grams of protein that is high in amino acids, and a liquid vitamin with almond milk and about 6 grams of Chlorella ( I increased my chlorella last week), Vitamin C and MSM (the vitamin C helps the amino acid cystine and the MSM absorb better, both tied to hair growth)

I won't know until December what the true results are or maybe not until April cause I'm trying to do a 6 month stretch with out straightening my hair and wearing protective styles. But I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
I think the Chlorella is really helping my hair and nail growth.

I haven't broken a nail in AGES. I recently had a touch up after 15 weeks and my hair is S'LONG! I swear it is. :look: Well to me it is :look:. :lachen:

Oh, and I am still at 12-14g per day.

Ok I wanted to give an unofficial update on my hair growth with Chlorella. I am currently in a protective style(weave) and I have a net between my hair and the weave. I will not be taking it down until December 16, which will be 3 months.
Normally I only leave it in for about 1.5 to 2 months but the net allows me to extend the time a little longer..I digress
I'm getting excited....:grin:..Ok I was feeling between my net and under my braids and I have at least 3/4 of an inch underneath my braids...OK so I was thinking well I washed my hair a lot so maybe there's been some slipage...then I had my oldest DD come and feel under my braids and I asked her how much growth did she think I had and she said about 3/4 of an inch! ...Now that would be exponential growth on average 1/4 of an inch a week!

One of the things that I did prior to taking the Chlorella was get a colonic so that i could cleanse my system and allow my vitamins to absorb better. I also take a cocktail daily of flaxseed, 30 grams of protein that is high in amino acids, and a liquid vitamin with almond milk and about 6 grams of Chlorella ( I increased my chlorella last week), Vitamin C and MSM (the vitamin C helps the amino acid cystine and the MSM absorb better, both tied to hair growth)

I won't know until December what the true results are or maybe not until April cause I'm trying to do a 6 month stretch with out straightening my hair and wearing protective styles. But I'll keep you posted.

YAY!!!!

Nicce growth, keep up whatever your doing :grin::grin:

Thanks for the update - I luv hearing about what chlorella does for the hair!!!

HEY LADIEEEEEESSSSSSS, OMG I haven't check thread in a moment. Any whoooo I started taking Chlorella in May and I did my BC on June 1st. MY hair has grown so much even after my 13 weeks trim. I have vowed not to trim again and see where that takes me. If you have not started taking Chlorella please do. I will say it is the one thing in my hair care arsenal that I never go without. My growth has been amazing and very manageable. I promise to stop biting my nails and will post hair pics soon. Let's get it!

Anyone else noticing weight loss that cannot be attributed to anything except chlorella? I have lost almost 5lbs although I've fallen off my workout routine and have still been eating pasta, ice cream, lots of cheese, cheesecake & potato chips?

With my work schedule and all of the lunch & dinner events, I would have expected to gain a few pounds in the last 3 weeks but instead have lost weight.

Back