Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
I am still on chlorella. I have stayed steady on 3-6 grams daily since January. In June I bc'd so as far as hair growth, I cannot comment. But my skin and energy levels are great! I take my dosage 1x a day (in the morning at work) with about 5 ounces of water. I do not take any supplements/ vitamins on the weekend

I finished my last bottle last month and I have not been able to get another bottle. I love Chlorella. It did wonders for my skin :) I want to try the powder version now. My last version was from Vitamin Shoppe ( 1000 mg)

I'm sold, I've read as much as I could for this time of morning:spinning:, I'm going to whole foods today and get me some chlorella tablets and see how that works before I buy the powder form, thanks ladies for your testimonys

I finished my last bottle last month and I have not been able to get another bottle. I love Chlorella. It did wonders for my skin :) I want to try the powder version now. My last version was from Vitamin Shoppe ( 1000 mg)

That is the most obvious results for me; it shows in the skin.
I have gotten sooooo many compliments about my skin the last 2 months and it has to be the Chlorella.

Where can I order the powder form online with a discount :look: ?
I went to Whole foods and what they had was too expensive.

i have an iherb code in my siggy.

i'm so worried right now, my cousin has swine flu! :( he's not in good shape at all!

he's been taking chlorella for a few weeks..

I've gone green as well. I'm through the detox process and I'm taking 6,000 mg per day (3,000 in the day and 3,000 at night). Is there any benefit it taking more? What's the ideal max dosage?

Btw, I'm down 4lbs in 3 weeks without even trying - no dieting and I cut back on working out b/c of my work schedule. Go Chlorella!

Last edited:
Source Naturals Yaeyama Powder seems to be the best bang for the buck due to the serving size, 1 level teaspoon is 3 grams but I have read that it does not mix well with liquids.

http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-Yaeyama-Chlorella-8-oz-226-8-g/1059?at=0

With the tablets, unless you have 1,000 mg tabs, you have to take a ton of tablets per day to get the 3 grams i.e., 250 mg tablets will mean 12 tablets per day to get a 3 gram serving.

http://blog.watershed.net/2009/05/1...-the-foundation-of-nutrition-of-great-health/

Chlorella: A maintenance dosage of Chlorella is about 3 – 5 grams per day.

Although you will not see significant changes taking such a small amount of whole food, your body will be getting a broad array of nutrients unlike it has seen before. Since Chlorella is a detoxifying whole food, not a concentrate or extract, a person can eat as much as they desire without any fear of it becoming potentially toxic in any way.

Chlorella is best taken before a meal with probiotics, our friendly bacteria ( Acidophilus and Bifidus ). Chlorella causes probiotics to multiply at four times the rate of normal.

Maintenance Dosage: 3 – 5 grams/day
Significant Part of the Diet: 6 – 10 grams/day
Immune System Builder: 11 – 14 grams/day
Primary Source of Protein : 12 – 19 grams/day
Healing Purposes & Heavy Metal Detoxification: 20 – 30+ grams/day

Best before a meal to aid with digestion.

So the Source Naturals Yaeyama Powder is the best kind to get ?

Thank you for this thread OP! I started taking a green superfoods powder (not chlorella by itself) and I think I may have started using too much and I felt those detox symptoms. I was sick for a couple of days, I thought I was going to die. It made me feel disappointed in the product since it was supposed to boost my immune system and I stopped taking it. Now that I read this I see my body was detoxing and adjusting.:grin:

I had ordered the source naturals Chlorella powder and I began taking it and I noticed that I was losing weight and I had more energy. But then my face started breaking out BAD and I fell off. I'm trying to get back on it especially since it sits right on my desk and looks at me everyday..Back to posts 1 and 2 I go..

I cannot find Jarrows Powder with 950 CGF. Where are you all finding this version?

I found Jarrows 1,000 g Powder with 2 grams per .5 tsp serving but it's only 240 mg CGF.
http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Yaeyama-Chlorella-Powder

Wait what?! I missed this when I first read your post. 900! You absolutely have to let us know how this one works for you. That's an amazing amount:yep:

ETA: Ok I just looked up the Jarrow's brand on Vitacost and it looks REALLY good! One teaspoon gives you 5g and there's 200 serving plus the 950 CGF for $43.87, to me it's worth it. It also has great reviews and plenty of them.

Beverly reopened this thread for those that want to keep the information in one place. Maybe we could use the other one for other means, like quick questions (as CurlyMoo suggested to me), and this one for status updates, changes, and just to touch base...what do you think? I really liked keeping this one as a home base. We have the quick start guide in post #1 and #2 so no one gets overwhelmed.

it's been a week since i've been back on chlorella 3g and my skin is clearing up fantastically!
hey nappy in the city i take 2g of fish oils but no multivitamins.

I am so excited I got my Chlorella today!!

I added it to my protein shakes, just a tsp per 20 oz shakes.

Oh side story, my powder came with a hole in it, and apparently green powder spilled all over my mail man's bag of mail.:lachen::lachen::lachen::wallbash:

He gave me the look like I order green anthrax off EBAY:rolleyes:

I am complaining to the company maybe I will get a gree bag out of this:ohwell:

Hey girlie!!! thanks bunches!! your weight loss is very inspirational as well as your mother's health turn around (p.s. I am with her on the southern fried stuff though ;)!! Lucky, would you mind sharing some of your fish recipes (preparation, type of fish) I know I am asking a bunch but I know I am not the only one taking chlorella trying to transition to fish and other seafood.. Thanks

Look my favorite is fish fried with Jiffy Cornbread mix- gives such a sweet tasty coating-yummy yummy!!! :lick: And being a southern gal- you must have some grits with that. :grin:

Is chlorella safe for children?
My SIL was wondering if she could add it to my 2 year old niece's juice.
TIA! I googled it but didn't come up with anything concrete.

200mg * age = recommended dosage according to my children's chlorella pills. I would start at an eighth of a teaspoon and go no higher than half a teaspoon for someone that young.

Even with this advice, I'd recommend the previous poster's advice as the child is only 2 years of age. Give the smallest amount possible. 1/8 or 1/4 a teaspoon:

http://www.healingdaily.com/oral-chelation/chlorella-dosage.htm
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Can chlorella be given to Children:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Absolutely. In fact, chlorella has been shown to promote rapid growth in children, as well as build in them superior immune systems. Children can take 1/2 to 1/4 the adult dose described above. [/SIZE][/FONT]

-------------------
http://www.naturalhealthweb.com/articles/Perry1.html
Even children can enjoy the benefit of chlorella by taking a supplement of sun chlorella. The benefit of chlorella for children includes enhanced general well being as well as healing injuries.

---------------
HTH!

Back