Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Still on track with Chlorella/Spirulina. I have enjoyed browsing through the thread catching up on the latest with all the Greenettes. Wonderful testimonials. Green for LIFE!
Have a great day ladies!

I have been using the Original Source Chlorella and I am at about 5gms per day. It has really helped with my energy levels and I am getting a good nights sleep. My nails are rock hard and my hair seems to be shedding a lot but retaining length. I would like to introduce Spirulina but I am very wary. Any suggestions anyone?

Winnettag: It seems the problem with doing the green mixed powders is many are not specific on the amount of chlorella/spirulina in the ingredients or the amounts are low with lots of other fillers. I found the following on the health store shelves: Green Superfood, Vitamineral Green, Earth Source Greens & More, Super Green & Super Fruit Blend by Blender Culture. Maybe their website might give more specific serving amounts.

I have been using the Original Source Chlorella and I am at about 5gms per day. It has really helped with my energy levels and I am getting a good nights sleep. My nails are rock hard and my hair seems to be shedding a lot but retaining length. I would like to introduce Spirulina but I am very wary. Any suggestions anyone?

Do you believe the spirulina is the cause of the shedding? Is that a side effect I missed. I meant chlorella, not spirulina.

Last edited:
Do you believe the spirulina is the cause of the shedding? Is that a side effect I missed. I meant chlorella, not spirulina.

You say at the end, you meant chlorella. I'd say nothing that I've researched points to this. So you may want to identify what else could cause shedding if that is the case. Also no reports in the past almost seven months in this thread. Hey ANYTHING is possible, but I think it's highly unlikely. HTH!

Good to see everyone is still taking chlorella! Love this stuff.:yep:

Winnettag: It seems the problem with doing the green mixed powders is many are not specific on the amount of chlorella/spirulina in the ingredients or the amounts are low with lots of other fillers. I found the following on the health store shelves: Green Superfood, Vitamineral Green, Earth Source Greens & More, Super Green & Super Fruit Blend by Blender Culture. Maybe their website might give more specific serving amounts.

Thanks! I'll research these brands.
I probably will end up buying chlorella and spirulina separately so I don't get all the fillers.

anyone taking the whole foods brand chlorella and spirulina?
I just bought those today, with all of these side effect e-mails, I am very scared

UK ladies! We've now got Yaeyama chlorella here, and there's a fabby discount code! Just saved myself nearly £60 buying both chlorella and spirulina to last me the next 5-6 months!!!!
Chlorella

Spirulina. Use discount code at check out:eb25silverbox

They've been selling these on Ebay or months, The seller coul not answer several questions that I asked so I gave them a miss!!

Glad to see you saved so much momey!:yay:

I love love love Chlorella. I have maintained weight and lost as well. I mean I am exercising as well but I still eat whatever I like. My hair is thicker and more managable. I BC on 6/1/09 and am seeing excellent results. I have been at 9 grams for 3 months & I am green. I highly recommend this product. Let's grow ladies

I had to stop taking it something in it is making me itch too bad to bad I can't give here.

Last edited:
I just bought those today, with all of these side effect e-mails, I am very scared

Is it a powder or pills? Just take the smallest dose you can for a week or two and document what happens.

A ganglion cyst covered by a dark patch had developed on the back of my wrist, probably from hours of propping up my head whilst net surfing (yeah, don't do that). The bump has flattened considerably and the skin is a shade away from its normal color. Amazing...

I am taking a teaspoon in the morning and evening (8g total). I think I will stay at this amount for a while. When I decided to do a major detox, I'll bump it up to 3 tablespoon (36g) daily.

Still on the chlorella. Rolling with sun chlorella this time. granules, i did think i was getting capsules, but thats ok. I know my skin was looking great soon after. I put it in my protein shake, monster milk.

i'm taking a break from it. No matter how low the dosage, I bloat like hell. As soon as i stop taking it, it literally looks like I have dropped a good 5-10 in a matter of a few days.

I've been taking chlorella now since April faithfully. At one time I added spurilina, but I was having too many issues with that, acne, eczema, flu like symptoms, that I just cut back down to just chlorella, 3g. I've tried to increase to an additional 1/8th of a tsp, but I keep having acne reactions, so I go back to where it is safe, 3g.
I now have the sheen on my face now! I still have skin issues, but they are getting better slowly, I take a digestive enzyme, and I've been trying to do a better job of drinking more water I know that will help. I don't have more energy, I'm still tired, but I wake up now in the mornings without an alarm clock, even when I don't have anywhere to go. I'm green. I was having some constipation issues at the higher dose, but now I go like clockwork.

I would love to hear about your experience thus far! I just purchased Whole Foods brand of Spirulina pills. I plan to get the Chlorella in a few days.

Hey everyone,
I haven't checked in for a few months. Things are going well. I can't really tell what the CHL is doing for my hair, but my overall health has been great. I haven't lost any weight...lol, but I just have an overall better feeling in my gut... if you know what I mean. Anyone with digestive problems will understand.
I plan on taking this for a very long time. I am hooked for life.....
Cheers ladies.

I just got my Chlorella on Saturday and took it today mixed with diluted Green Machine. It's waay darker than I was expecting it to be. It smells very "vegetabley" but it doesn't taste bad. Kind of grainy though.

I can't wait to see what kind of results I get!

I just got my Chlorella on Saturday and took it today mixed with diluted Green Machine. It's waay darker than I was expecting it to be. It smells very "vegetabley" but it doesn't taste bad. Kind of grainy though.

Congratulations on your decision to go green! Hope you find success, Green is GREAT!

I have found my solution to the grainyness is to mix the powder with the drink of choice, stir and let sit for a few minutes, then stir again and drink... Good luck!

So I was taking a chlorella hiatus after the multiple GI upsets it caused. I tried taking the unopen bottle of chlorella and had such violent emesis that I wasn't sure what was wrong with me. I have been scared to take it again for fear of how my stomach will react to it. I've tried it on an empty stomach, after a meal and after the first 2.5wks my body has rejected it.

I don't know if its the cummulative effects of the chlorella or the combination of my daily vitamins with the chlorella. Thinking this weekend of starting again on a totally empty stomach and see what happens. I felt better when I was taking it but I can't afford to lose weight because nothing is staying down. Any advice/suggestions are welcomed. TIA

So I was taking a chlorella hiatus after the multiple GI upsets it caused. I tried taking the unopen bottle of chlorella and had such violent emesis that I wasn't sure what was wrong with me. I have been scared to take it again for fear of how my stomach will react to it. I've tried it on an empty stomach, after a meal and after the first 2.5wks my body has rejected it.

I don't know if its the cummulative effects of the chlorella or the combination of my daily vitamins with the chlorella. Thinking this weekend of starting again on a totally empty stomach and see what happens. I felt better when I was taking it but I can't afford to lose weight because nothing is staying down. Any advice/suggestions are welcomed. TIA
Just try to take the smallest amount possible, make sure it's yaeyama or japanese and NOT chinese. Also adjust with your vits. If you are still having problems you may be allergic. A small percentage could be just like with any other food. If that's the case then sadly you must just stop taking the chlorella.HTH

Back