• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Hello Ladies,

Where do I start? Well I just got back from the states, I went home for my son's graduation and to visit my family so that is where I have been for the past few weeks. Anyway, I did start my mom and sister on CHL. I came home to find my mom in pitiful condition and my sister not that much better and each of them had gained tons of weight.

I began by just giving them the shake using Bolthouse juice because my mom has lupus and my sister has neurological seizures. My mom's lupus was really acting up, this was the first time it was really noticeable..or either she was unable to hide it as much. So, the first week with just the bolthouse juice was rough for my mother, she had so many aches and pains. The second week was more of the same but she began noticing that she no longer had gas attacks..every so often she gets these attacks where gas gets lodged in her joints and underneath her shoulder blades (it is so weird). You basically have to "pump" it out of her.

The third week my mom noticed that she had more energy, she had basically been laying around in the bed for most of the time I was at home but this week she got up and around and was able to take weight on her legs. I was so happy you all, by the end of the third week, my mom was up cleaning her house and getting so much stronger. At the beginning of the third week, I started her on chlorella tablets, just 1 gram but it seems to be having a positive effect on her. Yall, my mom is so desperate to get better she believes in chlorella and takes it faithfully everyday! I thought that I would have a problem with her taking it but she beats me to the bottle! So over the next few weeks I will be calling her and checking on her to see if she will maintain this regimen and I am praying for the best!

As for me, my entire family noticed how "illuminated" I looked when I arrived home. I had a nice figure because the chl seemed to be shaping me in some strange way, I just glowed and looked so healthy and happy. I guess you could say that my family really would like a piece of whatever I have got going on because both my mom and sister have been totally game! My sister is getting stronger also, she has had some skin breakouts but virtually no other detox symptoms. So I am hanging in there and staying the course and praying that chl can work wonders for my family as it has for me. Sorry so long but I just wanted to catch you all up on my little chlorella saga. Be blessed!

HH

Great update.:yep:

To get my Chlorella I drink "Green Machine" by Naked Juice. Besides having apples, bananas, kiwi fruit, mango and pineapple it has:

Spirulina 1300 mg
Chlorella 400 mg
Broccoli 100 mg
Spinach 100 mg
Blue Green Algae 50mg
Garlic 50 mg
Barley Grass 75mg
Wheat Grass 75 mg
Ginger 50mg
Parsley 50mg

It looks nasty but tastes Good!!!

Hopefully these amounts are good for the body.
Alot of the ladies here are taking the green machine and then ading more chlorella. It tastes the same but adds a punch. at 400 mg, you have under 1/2 of 1g of chlorella. 1g=1000 mg THe maintanence suggestion is 5-6 g by the health gurus links that I posted. Babydollhair who has been on chlorella for over a year takes 3gms so I think that those that can go with higher amounts (unless sensitive) should strive to get up to at least 3gms. But any amount will do ya!

I think they are stalking us. All of the products we use or recommend seem to jump in price. I got mines on www.vitacost.com. I paid $33 and 20 for the powder Spriulina. Shipping on that site is $4.99, but I brought some other stuff also to balance it out. This should last me another two months, so who know's what the price will be then....lol:nono:
Paranoia? I think not! It is weird that it keeps going up now. :look: I think that maybe more people are reading the chlorella thread and ordering than we think. Thus the price is shooting up! How dare they!:grin:

Alot of the ladies here are taking the green machine and then ading more chlorella. It tastes the same but adds a punch. at 400 mg, you have under 1/2 of 1g of chlorella. 1g=1000 mg THe maintanence suggestion is 5-6 g by the health gurus links that I posted. Babydollhair who has been on chlorella for over a year takes 3gms so I think that those that can go with higher amounts (unless sensitive) should strive to get up to at least 3gms. But any amount will do ya!

Just curious...Is BabyDoll Hair taking the pills or powder?

Just curious...Is BabyDoll Hair taking the pills or powder?
I am sorry, but I don't remember. That's a GREAT question. Hopefully she'll chime in. I know, though because I remember this exactly, she said she received the most growth from Source naturals but had also tried Jarrow and that it was good too.

Update:

I have been away from my favorite thread for too long. Ya'll are really on fire in here! I am still on Chlorella SN powder. My back pain is still improved. Thank God! Amen!!!!

My hair used to grow about 1/4 inch per month (I know it's slow) but I am no doubt getting 3/4 per month since Chlorella was added to my routine. My new growth is coming in like a forest so it looks promising for hair growth. I am a green girl forever. I'm still very happy with my choice.

9 - 12 grams powder daily with Green Machine and a little water (sometimes I add a splash of orange juice too).

If you are lurking and not sure about this....try it for a couple months and you will get hooked for life.

LD..Where do you get your nettle tea from?? I'm going to Whole Foods tomorrow to see if I can start out with the Chlorella tablets (I plan to switch to the powder later on) so if it is available at Whole Foods I can kill 2 birds with one stone :yep:

LD..Where do you get your nettle tea from?? I'm going to Whole Foods tomorrow to see if I can start out with the Chlorella tablets (I plan to switch to the powder later on) so if it is available at Whole Foods I can kill 2 birds with one stone :yep:

Wholefoods should have source naturals pills. I like A LOT. They are my back up. I keep them in my purse incase I'm on the go and don't have time to take my powder.
As for nettle:
I get it on amazon lately for under three dollars it's like$2.59 I buy in bulk so that I don't have to repay shipping fees because this stuff simply WORKS and I don't want to be without it. I would shout three things from the rooftoop: organic eating, chlorella, and nettle tea. It's also good w/ helping asthma, allergies, etc and circulation (nettle tea) among a host of other things. I used to get it from iherb but they aren't as cheap.

I swear by the NOW brand. I CANNOT recommend another as it's the only one I've used since september of last year and if it's not broke...why fix it? It's called "NOW" and it's organic nettle tea. HTH

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000E7L81E/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1243403619&sr=8-1

Wholefoods should have source naturals pills. I like A LOT. They are my back up. I keep them in my purse incase I'm on the go and don't have time to take my powder.
As for nettle:
I get it on amazon lately for under three dollars it's like$2.59 I buy in bulk so that I don't have to repay shipping fees because this stuff simply WORKS and I don't want to be without it. I would shout three things from the rooftoop: organic eating, chlorella, and nettle tea. It's also good w/ helping asthma, allergies, etc and circulation (nettle tea) among a host of other things. I used to get it from iherb but they aren't as cheap.

I swear by the NOW brand. I CANNOT recommend another as it's the only one I've used since september of last year and if it's not broke...why fix it? It's called "NOW" and it's organic nettle tea. HTH

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000E7L81E/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1243403619&sr=8-1

Thanks you are such a doll!:love:
I'll check back in tomorrow to let you know how the chlorella hunt went...I'm sooo excited! :grin: Oh and I'm ordering the Nettle tea right now..How exactly do you prepare the nettle tea rinse?

Last edited:
Thanks you are such a doll!:love:
I'll check back in tomorrow to let you know how the chlorella hunt went...I'm sooo excited! :grin: Oh and I'm ordering the Nettle tea right now..How exactly do you prepare the nettle tea rinse?

No biggie. Just brew some tea with distilled or spring water and let it sit and viola! Pour it on after wash, condition, dc, and make sure you get it on the scalp and leave it there. I first used a cup to pour, then I graduated to a nozzle because I want it RIGHT on the scalp where it can do it's work stimulating.

Sometimes I add herbs if I have time, but most times I just do a simple rinse. The herbs are rosemary and/or sage (I just chop some up if I have some extra of them fresh and pour it in with my tea and let it boil and strain). Do NOT use rosemary if you have high blood pressure or are pregnant or nursing BTW.

Most times I just do the nettle cause I'm too lazy and wash days are long enough w/o the extra effort.:yep:

Update:

I have been away from my favorite thread for too long. Ya'll are really on fire in here! I am still on Chlorella SN powder. My back pain is still improved. Thank God! Amen!!!!

My hair used to grow about 1/4 inch per month (I know it's slow) but I am no doubt getting 3/4 per month since Chlorella was added to my routine. My new growth is coming in like a forest so it looks promising for hair growth. I am a green girl forever. I'm still very happy with my choice.

9 - 12 grams powder daily with Green Machine and a little water (sometimes I add a splash of orange juice too).

If you are lurking and not sure about this....try it for a couple months and you will get hooked for life.

Good to see ya PGirl! Glad you're still in the CHL party and that your hair is thriving. I know that the results just get better with time. :yep:

Last edited:
Hey girlies

I feel like I am catching a cold for the first time in a long time. This past week I have eaten some less than healthful food - necessity not choice - and started adding my CHL to my WL cocktail which I share with my Mum. I didn't count my CHL tabs before adding them, I just eyeballed it, I reckon I've been having quite a bit less than the 5g I shoulda had - couple that with the fact I forgot my afternoon dose for at least a few days, and I think I understand why I have the beginnings of a cold. It's also possible that I'm just run down in general cuz I've been v busy. Bottom line, I'm taking CHL outta my morning egg shake so I can ensure I'm getting the right amount, remember my afternoon dose, and I'll be back on track.

No biggie. Just brew some tea with distilled or spring water and let it sit and viola! Pour it on after wash, condition, dc, and make sure you get it on the scalp and leave it there. I first used a cup to pour, then I graduated to a nozzle because I want it RIGHT on the scalp where it can do it's work stimulating.

Sometimes I add herbs if I have time, but most times I just do a simple rinse. The herbs are rosemary and/or sage (I just chop some up if I have some extra of them fresh and pour it in with my tea and let it boil and strain). Do NOT use rosemary if you have high blood pressure or are pregnant or nursing BTW.

Most times I just do the nettle cause I'm too lazy and wash days are long enough w/o the extra effort.:yep:

Thank you so much for this info! I just ordered some Alvita nettle tea from Vitacost for $2.52...ordered on Monday, and it arrived today with standard shipping. If I like it, I'll order the pound of loose nettle next time, since it's cheaper. I will try it tomorrow after my wash.

Actually, tomorrow will just be a quick co-wash. Do you do it every time you co-wash, or only on the big shampoo/DC day?

Ahhhh! I didnt think of this, i've been taken it with a full cup of water. I will start taking it with a little bit of water to make it easier to go down...

I'm dumb I know :spinning:

Ahhhh! I didnt think of this, i've been taken it with a full cup of water. I will start taking it with a little bit of water to make it easier to go down...

I'm dumb I know :spinning:

I do a little green machine and a little water. Just enough to get the consistency of juice. I take it like a 2oz shot. Sometimes I drink 4 ounces, but I don't really need all of the sugar from the green machine juice, and also I like to stretch it out so it's economical. Then I drink lots of water throughout the day so that the water is helping to cleanse my body along with the chlorella.

You really don't need to sit around drinking a big 8 ounce glass unless you want to. You just need enough water to dissolve it and keep it moving.:grin:

Thanks for using the poll again ladies! For everyone who is new, who is polling "other" please share "other" with us if you will. What kind are you taking? And how are you liking it?

Checking in....

I lost count on what week I'm on! Anyhoo, still taking Chlorella @ 12g.
I haven't been taking my Spirulina or my other vitamins. :eek:

I broke a piece of bone in my foot and it's knitting near my big toe. I have surgery in a week and a half and I am looking forward to a speedy recovery.

Even though I have some dark marks from breakouts, I have started going out without any foundation; just eye and lip. Not even blush. I never would have done that before.
I'm thinking that either it's because I just don't give a damn or it's because my skin has this beautiful glow.

Thank you so much for this info! I just ordered some Alvita nettle tea from Vitacost for $2.52...ordered on Monday, and it arrived today with standard shipping. If I like it, I'll order the pound of loose nettle next time, since it's cheaper. I will try it tomorrow after my wash.

Actually, tomorrow will just be a quick co-wash. Do you do it every time you co-wash, or only on the big shampoo/DC day?

Sorry, for some reason I didn't see this before.:spinning: I don't know how I missed it.

I do this everytime water hits my head so to speak. Lately I've been cowashing, and just wash once a month, so I've been doing it when I co wash and when I shampoo. Before when I just shampooed, conditioned, dc I did it then too. HTH

If you do it once a week you'll see definite changes. I'd say up to three times a week if you really want to. I just make sure to do it at least once a weekn (nettle rinse)

Remember to leave it there. You don't want to rinse it out when you put it in as your last wash.

I do a little green machine and a little water. Just enough to get the consistency of juice. I take it like a 2oz shot. Sometimes I drink 4 ounces, but I don't really need all of the sugar from the green machine juice, and also I like to stretch it out so it's economical. Then I drink lots of water throughout the day so that the water is helping to cleanse my body along with the chlorella.

You really don't need to sit around drinking a big 8 ounce glass unless you want to. You just need enough water to dissolve it and keep it moving.:grin:

I do the same thing. I just pour a little of the green Bolthouse juice into my cup and add a little cold water. I mix in the chlorella and take it down in one shot!

I recently ordered the 16oz container of the Source Naturals Chlorella Yaeyama Powder (which went up in price by $10 on Amazon in the two-three weeks since I purchased it! :eek2:). Previously I purchased just a 4oz container at my local health food store. Well, I don't know if the powder in the 16oz container was more potent or what because the smell made me gag quite a few times. I'm okay now (if I hold my breath), but man that stuff is strong! I guess that's a good thing. If it is more potent, then that's more benefits healthwise for me!

Hi everyone!

I know it's been a longgg time since I've been in the thread. I just wanted to say that I am still taking my chlorella, and it's still wonderful! As stated before I haven't had miraculous hair growth yet but my hair is getting thicker and evening up. Also, I find that chlorella is doing a great job of helping me maintain my weight. I have been eating terribly these past few weeks because I've been a busy bee but I have not gained any weight at all. I truly love this stuff!

I increased my dosage to 3 grams today! I think I will continue to increase by one gram every ten days or so. Keeping my fingers crossed that my body continues to tolerate it well.

Question for the chlorella veterans: when you say "go green," how green are we talking? Like the same vivid green color as the tablets, or more of a greenish-brown? :blush: TIA

Well ladies I am out of CHL and haven't taken it in 3 weeks. I am brown again. I miss it but the costs are too high. I also miss my nails and clear skin. Things have gone back the way they were before. With less gas. Good luck ladies.

I increased my dosage to 3 grams today! I think I will continue to increase by one gram every ten days or so. Keeping my fingers crossed that my body continues to tolerate it well.

Question for the chlorella veterans: when you say "go green," how green are we talking? Like the same vivid green color as the tablets, or more of a greenish-brown? :blush: TIA

It can be a dARK green or vivid. I've heard both on here. Mine is more dark green. HOWEVER a brownish green (from what you're describing) seems to me that you are on the VERGE so to speak right on the EDGE of green.:grin: You have climbed the mountain, now you just have to plant that flag. You'll get there soon. Unless you're just dark green and you're thinking it's brownish. HTH

Back