Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
News flash-:ohwell: after several weeks of taking CHL faithfully, my skin is breaking out in little zits all over my face... *yikes* I can not think of anything else it could be...

I'm lowering my dose. STAT.

1/2 teaspoon every other day in my smoothie...

Still in love with the other beenies...:yep:

I'm leaving the powder alone--I agree with Lucky about it giving a faster more potent detox. I just bought some tablets and will be taking those in the morning on a empty stomach.

I bought Tung Hai Chlorella. It says "cracked cell wall for superior digestibility."

Also says it's 1000 mg and it suggests you take 3 per day. I'm starting with one and will gradually increase from there.

I have a theory...and it's JUST a theory...but from watching the thread for over 3 months...it seems that those who take the powder are getting a stronger dose. Who knows why? But I notice those who take the powder are having a harder detox. Technically it's a good thing because it's detoxing you, but it's bad because you don't want to do it too fast. You may have to back off, or drink more water. Whatever you do you have to keep it moving. Get some magnesium citrate or whatever and get it moving because all of your detoxing is sitting in your intestines being absorbed back into your blood stream and that is a NO NO:nono:

That'ds kinda odd... I bought this primarily to clean me out and keep things mvoing. I'm naturally constipated, and I'm concerned that this powder might make it worse??? Do you think I should take fiber pills with it?

anyone else thinks this smells like henna??

I tried it for the first time last night, 1/2 teaspoon which was 2 gram, no probs soo far. Will up the dose in a few days to 4 grams if all is well.

So, I mixed one tablespoon of chl in my waistlength cocktail...and 2 hours later I was running to the ladies' room. i left work early because the nausea and vomiting was getting to me. I'm gonna hold off on this for at least 2 weeks. When I do start, it'll be at the minimum dosage of 1/2 teaspoon. I didn't think i'd have to do this because I was already at 4 gms per day. This really smells like grass. I dislike the taste immensely. It is ruining my cocktails. *sigh*

So, I mixed one tablespoon of chl in my waistlength cocktail...and 2 hours later I was running to the ladies' room. i left work early because the nausea and vomiting was getting to me. I'm gonna hold off on this for at least 2 weeks. When I do start, it'll be at the minimum dosage of 1/2 teaspoon. I didn't think i'd have to do this because I was already at 4 gms per day. This really smells like grass. I dislike the taste immensely. It is ruining my cocktails. *sigh

That is just like me, I held off for two weeks and now I think I can tolerate 1/2 teaspoon. But 1g and my body violently reacted.

Hello Ladies!

Taking the Source Naturals CHL, I started with 5 per day, then 10 per day, no green stuff; so I did 12, then 14 pills per day and finally seeing what I think is the right shade of green...TMI!! but I am just recording my progress :yep:

~As far as energy, glow, etc. nothing yet. But I am sure it will come later on.

That'ds kinda odd... I bought this primarily to clean me out and keep things mvoing. I'm naturally constipated, and I'm concerned that this powder might make it worse??? Do you think I should take fiber pills with it?

I had problems getting things to move. When first started CHL or when I first increase things move very well. After that is slows back down again.

I've added (PLAIN) Magnesium and that keeps things moving.

You may have started too fast. You might want to take 1g to start and see how you do before moving up. Remember the articles from the health gurus that are sprinkled all through here...just because the bottle recommends 3 g doesn't mean that's where you start, or where you end up. That's up to you via reading pos #1 and #2 so you can decide how low or high you want to go. This is a food so there's no fear of overdosing however you need to make sure that your body can receive it and move according to your body's needs (how fast you move up and how much you take) in addition to monitoring for allergies, etc

yes, ma'am...

I just got a relaxer three weeks ago and I'm starting to get some new growth!!! I used to rinse with nettle tea and my hair was soo thick I have to get back to that too! I saw it in this thread but didn't think it did anything until I stopped and thought about it again.
Told ya that Nettle tea works wonders. It also takes two seconds to use it as a rinse after you finish conditioning your hair. It really does help w/ thickness. That's my one two punch nettle rinse, chlorella drink...I guess I should say one, two , three punch: nettle rinse, chlorella drink, eating organic whole veggies w/ mostly fish and some chicken.

Hmm that's a point. I've had to back down on my dose of Chlorella to 0.5g a day. I started 6g for 2 weeks then suddenly got ill. I have to take it without food or I throw up.

After two weeks I decided to up my dose to 1g, I felt fine untill 3 hours later I ate pasta and threw up again.

I don't get it, why do I throw up only when I eat? And why did this start to happen after 2 weeks of taking Chlorella?

I can't take Chlorella and not eat for a whole day!
Read post one and two to tweak your chlorella dose. Maybe you need to stay at .5. That's the dose you were at before throwing up. Stay there for several weeks before increasing. You may be super sensitive. There seems to be an urge to increase for all the benefits, but if you're thowing up, that's counterproductive in the long run and you end up just quitting. Stay at .5 . later when you increase, maybe take it at night before bed so that you don't have to worry about the whole with food thing because you'll be sleep. I take mine once a day. It does not have to be distributed throughout the day to work. It does it's job no matter what.

So game plan for you since you're sensitive:
1: Stay at a dose you can tolerate. That seems to be .5 for three weeks at least. Give your body a chance to detox and work on your system.

2. Try increasing by .5 (see how you tolerate it)
3. Combine that increase with taking only at night before bed.
4. If that's too much, you need to reduce to .5 and just stay there for much longer. Maybe you have a lot of stuff going on that needs detoxing or you're just super sensitive. A little is better than no chlorella.
5. If you are okay after a couple weeks, proceed to increase again, and so on till you get to where you need to go.
6. One last thing, if you're having problems at even .5 then try taking that dose before bed so there's no food to interact.
7. Finally if all of these suggestions do NOT work, then you're probably allergic. Sorry, that sucks, but just like with eggs, fish, etc sometimes people are allergic and this maybe the case. I would not resort to this assumption until I tried all the suggestions above. If that's the case, and you are allergic, you must discontinue use.

HTH

No. Chlorella contains fiber to. You can check post 2 for all the nutritional stuff.

So just like fiber, if you take too much, you may get constipated even though it's desire is to get it movin! So you have to build up your fiber intake slowly, you have to do the same with chlorella depending on yur body. I think mag citrate is the thing of choice. Or you can reduce your dose and up your water.

Hello Ladies!

Taking the Source Naturals CHL, I started with 5 per day, then 10 per day, no green stuff; so I did 12, then 14 pills per day and finally seeing what I think is the right shade of green...TMI!! but I am just recording my progress :yep:

:band2: Congrats on going green. There's no TMI here, welcome to the chlorella family.

Hello Ladies!

I had problems getting things to move. When first started CHL or when I first increase things move very well. After that is slows back down again.

I've added (PLAIN) Magnesium and that keeps things moving.

Thanks for letting everyone know this because they need to understand that if you detox too fast, that could happen. Either 1) diarrhea or 2) constipation...each body reacts differently but either way you're taking too much or your body has not adjusted yet. Either way keep it movin:yep:

Hi Ladies,
I had a bit of a setback while vacationing. I had been taking 3g daily since early April, never had any problems; but by the third day of my vacation I was severely constipated....most likely due to the combo of not enough water, increased alcohol intake & 3g chlorella daily. It was the worse feeling...and I did not have access to any of the regular laxatives since I was out of the country. So I stopped the chorella for a couple of days TMI went brown, increased my fluids back to normal & eliminated the alcohol to get myself moving again. After becoming regular again, I started back on the chlorella but at only 1g to ensure no repeats! I am now back up to 2g, but still not green, I have also resumed my daily green juicing. I plan to increase back up to 3g by Sun. and then increase up to 4g by the next Sunday.
I hope to be back green again very soon....

I bought the Source Naturals Yaeyama Powder. It should be here tmrw :woot:.. I look forward to it regulating my bowel movements and overall cleaning out my body. If my hair grows, great ...

Girl, what WUZ you doing???? Whatever, looks like fun :yep:

Did ya chl arrive on time?

image-vi.jpg

quick reminder: water is the cure to most problems...

hmmm i've been busy this week and slacked badly with my water, (had about 6 glasses a day!)
i now have a zit and a rash!!
back on my gallon of water since yesterday!

No. Chlorella contains fiber to. You can check post 2 for all the nutritional stuff.

So just like fiber, if you take too much, you may get constipated even though it's desire is to get it movin! So you have to build up your fiber intake slowly, you have to do the same with chlorella depending on yur body. I think mag citrate is the thing of choice. Or you can reduce your dose and up your water.

But isn't magnesium citrate like a laxative?
My chl powder will arrive today and I should start w/ 1/2 a teaspoon right? I've already bought my apple juice to put it in.

I have a theory...and it's JUST a theory...but from watching the thread for over 3 months...it seems that those who take the powder are getting a stronger dose. Who knows why? But I notice those who take the powder are having a harder detox. Technically it's a good thing because it's detoxing you, but it's bad because you don't want to do it too fast. You may have to back off, or drink more water. Whatever you do you have to keep it moving. Get some magnesium citrate or whatever and get it moving because all of your detoxing is sitting in your intestines being absorbed back into your blood stream and that is a NO NO:nono:

OK i'm worried now.
I'm going to take some epsom salt as a laxative because I've had no movement in a while and I've been taking the powder daily.
My stomach is big as hell. I'm literally full of sh*t.:grin:

Let's see what happens now...

But isn't magnesium citrate like a laxative?
My chl powder will arrive today and I should start w/ 1/2 a teaspoon right? I've already bought my apple juice to put it in.

I'm just offering you suggestions for if you're constipated. It's your choice to do what works for you. I would drink more water myself and cut back if chlorella caused me to be constipated, but some women have found the magnesium also works if they're backed up. It's not something to use all the time, just to keep you from staying constipated. You do what you need to do for YOUR body.

OK i'm worried now.
I'm going to take some epsom salt as a laxative because I've had no movement in a while and I've been taking the powder daily.
My stomach is big as hell. I'm literally full of sh*t.:grin:

Let's see what happens now...

Get it out girl! Then lower your dose if necessary and drink tons of water to keep your system moving. If you're constipated you're probably using a little too much. Your system hasn't adjusted to that dose yet. So cut back, and stay there for a while and then move up slowly to your next dose.

Hello all,
I am back on the bandwagon heavy... all test done. I need to refill my powder CHL and this time I am getting the powder SP. Mixing it with green juice is sooooo easy and it forces you to drink at least 20 oz of water afterwards....lol

:wacky:Please ladies,

I took the time to have the poll reopened. I KNOW there's tons of you out there who haven't voted. Even the lurkers taking chlorella on the dl...Please take the time to do so. Even if you're shy to chime in, it doesn't hurt to vote for what you're taking because it'll help others who may decide to take chlorella in the future and is much appreciated. Vote your Green choice!

Okay I have a two part question and don't know if it has been answered somewhere in this thread. Here it goes:
1) Most of you are taking chlorella powder, I'm taking the pills. I take 10 pills (at night). How many pills are you taking?
2) The nettle tea I drink, is it better to drink, rinse with or both?
Sorry if this has been answered but I just can't find the answer.

I am taking the pills. I take 3 pills. Each pill is a gram a piece.I take Super Chlorella from the vitamin shoppe...cant do powders. I've been taking pills almost since LD first posted.

Last edited:
Back