Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
Well ladies I am out of CHL and haven't taken it in 3 weeks. I am brown again. I miss it but the costs are too high. I also miss my nails and clear skin. Things have gone back the way they were before. With less gas. Good luck ladies.

See ya when you have more moolah or the costs go down.:yep:

I know the big container is more, but even if you maintain at a lower dose, you could squeeze out a few months even (source naturals big powder) at 3gms. You might want to consider a lower dose, so you can have something in your system until you can up your dose.

If not, I understand. I have to pay NYU so much, even with my scholarship, that my bank account laughs at me every month. And I don't have rich relatives!:lachen:

See ya when you have more moolah or the costs go down.:yep:

I know the big container is more, but even if you maintain at a lower dose, you could squeeze out a few months even (source naturals big powder) at 3gms. You might want to consider a lower dose, so you can have something in your system until you can up your dose.

If not, I understand. I have to pay NYU so much, even with my scholarship, that my bank account laughs at me every month. And I don't have rich relatives!:lachen:

Thanks, I was thinking of getting the 4-8oz powder. Do you think I can get a significant benefit from 3gms?

Thanks, I was thinking of getting the 4-8oz powder. Do you think I can get a significant benefit from 3gms?
I think anything is better than nothing. I know babydoll hair uses 3gms successfully for over a year (probably closer to two). I'd say go for it, and then increase when you can later.:yep:

It can be a dARK green or vivid. I've heard both on here. Mine is more dark green. HOWEVER a brownish green (from what you're describing) seems to me that you are on the VERGE so to speak right on the EDGE of green.:grin: You have climbed the mountain, now you just have to plant that flag. You'll get there soon. Unless you're just dark green and you're thinking it's brownish. HTH
Woo girl, that had me rollin'! Too funny. :lachen::lachen:

Btw, I did the the nettle tea rinse on Thursday, and it was incredible. I LOVED the scent of the tea, and it felt so good on my scalp. I think I will continue to do them after my co-washes, because I felt like the tea was slightly astringent, so it helped to clean my hair.

Still holding it down at 5 grams.:grin: I felt better when I got up to 9 grams but I started losing too much weight so I cut back. Now I'm starting to gain a little.:yay: I love what Chlorella has done for my skin, I'm not sure if it's helping with hair growth but I'm enjoying the health benefits. I also started taking a protein shake called "Spiru-tein" :lick: that contains a little bit of Chlorella.

Keep up the good work ladies.

Still holding it down at 5 grams.:grin: I felt better when I got up to 9 grams but I started losing too much weight so I cut back. Now I'm starting to gain a little.:yay: I love what Chlorella has done for my skin, I'm not sure if it's helping with hair growth but I'm enjoying the health benefits. I also started taking a protein shake called "Spiru-tein" :lick: that contains a little bit of Chlorella.

:band2:Congratulations. I know how much you wanted to gain weight. I never thought I'd put that in a sentence:lachen:. But I do UNDERSTAND (I was hyper before radioactive iodine made me hypo and I couldn't keep the weight on, though I wish now to get it OFF that's for sure because of all I gained but I can respect that you have other needs).

Never heard of spirutein, but it sounds interesting for sure. Protein shake with chlorella, who'd have thought?

Gassss, ahhh haa

Heeey, maybe I missed something. So, chl causes some of us gas?????? :lachen: The other day I was fartin' all over and was kinda giggly cause I was thinking to myself, "Why am I fartin'?" The real funny thing is I didn't smell 'em. :spinning: So, it's the chl???? Wonder does that mean it's working or something? :rolleyes:

Green: :yay::creatures:clapping::rosebud::cup:

Breakouts: WATER! UP it!

Congrats on going green. Welcome to the green team go chlorella!!!!

i'm drinking about 40-42 oz per day at this point. i'm trying to get up to half my body weight per day, which is more than that...

but getting it down is cumbersome. gee wiz, i already feel like a well! i'ma keep on truckin though... mixing my powder with Naked Superfood Green drink. have it every morning now before breakfast. it's working out alright. yesterday and today i mixed it with Naked pomegranate blueberry antioxidant juice. yummy.

Last edited:

I hear you on the weight loss... that's my only concern w/Chlorella, I don't want to lose weight, nor more of my already diminished appetite.

any suggestions anybody?

I tried the nettle tea rinse this morning...I LOVE IT!:grin:
:bouncy:

Isn't it wonderful? I love how refreshing it feels to the scalp. I also love that natural solutions are easy and effortless. It takes 2 seconds to do, and chlorella takes a minute to chug down, and then your health is balanced and your hair grows faster. I just love that!:grin:

I hear you on the weight loss... that's my only concern w/Chlorella, I don't want to lose weight, nor more of my already diminished appetite.

any suggestions anybody?

I think you can try doing what others are doing. Go only as high as you can w/o losing weight. Just maintain there. Most of the skinnier people will not have this problem, as chlorella will just balance the body. But every now and then you might lose weight and just lower your dose if that happens.

Just wanted to update those who knew my mom's situation with lupus and steroids that she had to take which causes her to gain weight (along w/ various other meds that cause weight gain...which I looked up online). She's lost 24 pounds total so far (she has had a few gain and lose over and over and then she'd drop more). I'm happy for her because it puts her in the low 200's. If she keeps this up, by the end of summer she should be in the 170's or 80's. All she's doing is taking chlorella!!! In addition, she can't exercise because she is in systemic lupus late stages and also has fibro, and and myositis (remember auto immune illnesses travel in clusters? from my previous article) so her doctor says NO exercise! I'm really happy for her. It took almost four months but who cares as long as you get there right?

(I just flew home to visit, and I've been here over a week) Her hair is a WEED, and I mean it. She complains about how long it's getting and keeps it in a large plait, but she's at MBL now and she was upper BSL. That's with her cutting it all the time LOL! Forgot to add that it was super thin before and now it's thickening up. It's not perfect but it's sooo much better.

Last edited:
So chlorella and nettle tea rinses huh? for the rinses, are you guys leaving it in or rinsing it out after a while? I need to get some chlorella but I do have nettle tea.

So chlorella and nettle tea rinses huh? for the rinses, are you guys leaving it in or rinsing it out after a while? I need to get some chlorella but I do have nettle tea.

From what I've read, the nettle tea should not be rinsed out. I did not rinse it out.

Little Update: It's been just over 2 months of taking NOW brand SPR and CHL tablets consistently. Now I'm at a 2:1 SPR/CHL ratio of 6g/3g and intend to hold at this amount. BMs are still green.

PROS:
1) My breakouts have lessened greatly. Of course, I do drink 90-100 ozs. of water a day, so that's helping. When I do get a pimple it's usually because I've eaten a candy bar or something; I guess CHL doesn't like that! :look: Scars from previous breakouts are fading.:grin:

2) Whites of my nails and eyes are really white, and my eyelashes are so long. I just turned 49, and I've never had lashes like this, even as a child.

3) Cellulite has lessened greatly; I can wear my bike shorts with pride this summer!

4) Menstrual periods are cramp-free and regular. At a time when many women my age are experiencing menopause/peri-menopause symptoms like hot flashes and night sweats, I don't have any of that. In fact, my period comes regularly every 26-28 days.

5) My new growth seems to be coming in faster and thicker. I'm 13 weeks post, and I actually have a hump at my demarcation line that shows through my wide, elastic headband. :lol: I touchup in 2 weeks.

CONS:

None. :grin:

Last edited:
Little Update:
PROS:

CONS:

None. :grin:
This is very encouraging to me on more than one level. Thank you.

I am beginning to think I should up my chl. When the powder arrives I believe I will. Purchased some of that Bolt drink Friday so I'm ready. Just waiting for my package. Meanwhile taking the pills I originally purchased x 6 per day = 3g.

Last edited:
:huh: I wish . . . simply down some chl and lose weight :lala:

Er a how long does it take???????

Well with my mom she lost roungly 5.5 pounds or so per month. Which others would balk at but after 6 months that will be 33 pounds!

I lost between 12 a month or so but I was TRYING to lose. Meaning I eat clean, organic,etc and was trying to lose weight. My mom on the other hand eats country food...which I love but it's sooo fattening : fried chicken, fried pork chops, huge rolls with bread, mac and cheese, greens (with ham hock). You get the point. So for her to lose 5 pounds a month I was stoked. Keep in mind, she really does eat small amounts of food. She eats like a bird really, and she was always small until the steroids from the LUPUS and other medicines and then she started gaining like crazy.

So the chlorella can cut you down. The site I published earlier says to give it about 4 months to see results but if you're consistent there should be weight loss...

Last edited:
Re: Gassss, ahhh haa

Heeey, maybe I missed something. So, chl causes some of us gas?????? :lachen: The other day I was fartin' all over and was kinda giggly cause I was thinking to myself, "Why am I fartin'?" The real funny thing is I didn't smell 'em. :spinning: So, it's the chl???? Wonder does that mean it's working or something? :rolleyes:
Chlorella=gas sometimes in the beginning

Chlorella= smell free farts:grin: from the chlorophyl, or atleast significantly reduced.

Just wanted to update those who knew my mom's situation with lupus and steroids that she had to take which causes her to gain weight (along w/ various other meds that cause weight gain...which I looked up online). She's lost 24 pounds total so far (she has had a few gain and lose over and over and then she'd drop more). I'm happy for her because it puts her in the low 200's. If she keeps this up, by the end of summer she should be in the 170's or 80's. All she's doing is taking chlorella!!! In addition, she can't exercise because she is in systemic lupus late stages and also has fibro, and and myositis (remember auto immune illnesses travel in clusters? from my previous article) so her doctor says NO exercise! I'm really happy for her. It took almost four months but who cares as long as you get there right?

(I just flew home to visit, and I've been here over a week) Her hair is a WEED, and I mean it. She complains about how long it's getting and keeps it in a large plait, but she's at MBL now and she was upper BSL. That's with her cutting it all the time LOL! Forgot to add that it was super thin before and now it's thickening up. It's not perfect but it's sooo much better.

This is super great news! :grin: I am so happy for your mom. Actually for you both, I know you are glad you were able to share the love in the form of Chl. I can't wait to get my mom totally convinced to give green a try. She is in excellent health right now, she has always been a regular vitamin taker, the only problems she has had are with her knees. She is 74 and doing everything for herself. She is out of state too.

I saw my son on yesterday, and he thinks I do way too many things. His doctor gave him some herbal/natural suggestions, and he told his doc, you sound like my mom! But, when my son saw me yesterday, he said mom I have to admit you look great! Whatever you are doing is working well for you. CHL/SPL and other greens are SUPER! :yep:

Next week I am supposed to get my hair heat straightened, (for my friends wedding) it is so hot here already, I really don't want to do it, I can't stand for my head to be hot! If I do, as promised I will post pics to better show the growth and current length of my hair.

GREEN is great ladies.......keep at it, be encouraged to all the newbies, the change is for the good, even if it seems to be a slow change. :yep:

Back