Votes: 18 6.2%
  • Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters
I love that the ladies from here and the egg shake thread seem to be crossing over, as well as the CHL or egg shake poll thread, it's indication that we're on to 2 very good things. Thanks LD and BB!

Hi,
I've decided to join the GREEN team. I bought the tablets, each tablet is 500mg (I need to go back to page 1 of this thread to confirm the recommended start dosage).
I'm hoping for more energy as tiredness has been hitting me hard lately, done blood test etc and everything has come back good/"better than average". If I have any toxins that need to be pushed out, I'm hoping going green will take care of this as well. Of course I am looking forward to more healthy hair, skin & nails too. Some even mentioned better eyesights.. I'd take that as a bonus!
Thank you luckiestdestiny for starting and maintaining this thread in such an informative and caring way.

Hi,
I've decided to join the GREEN team. I bought the tablets, each tablet is 500mg (I need to go back to page 1 of this thread to confirm the recommended start dosage).
I'm hoping for more energy as tiredness has been hitting me hard lately, done blood test etc and everything has come back good/"better than average". If I have any toxins that need to be pushed out, I'm hoping going green will take care of this as well. Of course I am looking forward to more healthy hair, skin & nails too. Some even mentioned better eyesights.. I'd take that as a bonus!
Thank you luckiestdestiny for starting and maintaining this thread in such an informative and caring way.

Happy to have you aboard hairedity Welcome!:dance7:

You will definitely cleanse your system while using chlorella. If you have any questions that aren't listed in the quick start guide (post #1 and 2), during the process, feel free to pm me. I'll do my best to help.

I love that the ladies from here and the egg shake thread seem to be crossing over, as well as the CHL or egg shake poll thread, it's indication that we're on to 2 very good things. Thanks LD and BB!

Great nutrition is essential for overall heath, including hair, so I wouldn't be surprised if some trickle over here and there. I think CHL is my #1 in my arsenal (protein, CGF, Vitamins, Nutrients including Amino Acids, Minerals, Chlorophyll for detoxing, lineoic acid, etc), but eggs (protein) and wheat germ (along with some of the other ingredients in the shake) can only help the body too so I definitely see why there's such buzz in both threads.

Good for you Auburn! Just remember (and this is for everyone) that it isn't a race. I'm glad you're doing what your body needs. You'll get there when you get there, and you'll be much healthier doing it.:yep:

I want to get to the point where Im mega detoxing (metals & stuff). I need a thorough cleanse.

I want to get green too!
:look:

My cycle came, I had cramps yesterday which is unusual because I usually don't have any. Hopefully, I'll have a short cycle this month like I did last month (3 days- usually it's 4-5). I think Chlorella is helping to regulate it. I was 10 days early last month but this month, I was only 2 days early.

I've been lurking on this thread for almost a month...you guys are really about to suck me into this chlorella bandwagon!! I don't even know why I haven't ordered yet..

ETA: okay I've been doing more than just lurking..lol I went into Whole foods yesterday to look for it and they had the tablets but not the powder..so on my way out I noticed Odwalla has a superfood drink that contains spirulina..Have you guys heard of or tried this drink? and have any of you thought of mixing the chlorella powder with it? It contains 1000mg of spirulina..

Last edited:
I've been lurking on this thread for almost a month...you guys are really about to suck me into this chlorella bandwagon!! I don't even know why I haven't ordered yet..

ETA: okay I've been doing more than just lurking..lol I went into Whole foods yesterday to look for it and they had the tablets but not the powder..so on my way out I noticed Odwalla has a superfood drink that contains spirulina..Have you guys heard of or tried this drink? and have any of you thought of mixing the chlorella powder with it? It contains 1000mg of spirulina..

The way I see it, you're in!
Life is much GREENER on this side!

It's one of the "green drinks" that the ladies are mixing their chlorella with. There are also other alternatives. Trader Joes has "Green goodness" which is a lot cheaper, and there are others as well too. Whatever you need to help it go down. Again I suggest mixing it with water. It tastes the same but gives the consistency of juice instead of a smoothie, and it helps to stretch it further. Also try 2-4oz (meaning 1 or 2 ounces of water to the same of juice and your chlorella powder) and take it as a chaser to stretch the savings even more...I never drink an 8 0z glass. I take my 2-4 ounce shot and then drink some more water as I need to get water in to flush out my system of toxins. HTH

Hey Ladies,
looks like the poll is open again. Be sure to vote. Thanks to the moderator Supergirl!

What type of chlorella did you choose? Come on...don't be shy.:grin:

Is this a good buy?

I'm prepping for my next bottle.

http://www.vitapal.com/v-now-foods-chlorella-powder-4-oz_48989.aspx

Now Foods, Chlorella Powder, 4 oz

http://www.vitapal.com/v-now-foods-chlorella-powder-4-oz_48989.aspx#reviews

Regular Price: $16.99
On Sale For: $9.70

Wait, this seems better; AND it has that word "yaeyama"!!!

Jarrow Formulas, Chlorella Powder

* Image shown may vary in quantity, flavor or strength

Product Weight: 1.15 lbs
Regular Price: $13.95
On Sale For: $9.00
You Save: $4.95 (35%)
Qty:

Item Number: VP52515

Last edited:
Is this a good buy?

I'm prepping for my next bottle.

http://www.vitapal.com/v-now-foods-chlorella-powder-4-oz_48989.aspx

Now Foods, Chlorella Powder, 4 oz

http://www.vitapal.com/v-now-foods-chlorella-powder-4-oz_48989.aspx#reviews

Regular Price: $16.99
On Sale For: $9.70

Wait, this seems better???

Jarrow Formulas, Chlorella Powder

http://www.vitapal.com/v-jarrow-formulas-chlorella-powder-100g_52515.aspx#reviews

* Image shown may vary in quantity, flavor or strength

Product Weight: 1.15 lbs
Regular Price: $13.95
On Sale For: $9.00
You Save: $4.95 (35%)

What's kinda confusing me is the mg???? My current bottle is 500 mg. I am seeing 200 mg also???? Okay, when it comes to pill vs. powder . . . it seems the powders don't mention mg? Okay, mg is the weight of the pill, right?? Ay yi yi. I know I'm overthinking this, always do. I've got to go shower, helllppp.

Last edited:
alright. did it. bought some, received it. started yesterday taking the recommended dosage, which is 3g, or one level teaspoon per day. i mixed it with odwalla superfood green juice (you know the one with the broccoli, spinich, greens, etc.). i will say this. it has a distinctive smell. but not necessarily bad... when i drink it or smell the powder, i had an immediate memory of when i was little and played in the dirt, or was climbing trees in the backyard. it smells like... well, earth. concentrated earth, if you will.

i thought about whether i should reduce the dosage to 1g to start, so that i may avert side effects. then i thought, i've already got acne and i'm already getting over the flu, this can't really make it any worse for me! sticking to 3g.

i'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
i thought about whether i should reduce the dosage to 1g to start, so that i may avert side effects. then i thought, i've already got acne and i'm already getting over the flu, this can't really make it any worse for me! sticking to 3g.

Hello,

I just started on Monday and with 3g hasn't done a thing [side-effect wise]. I'd say stick with it until you SEE otherwise.

Welcome to the green side!

I bought the Source Naturals Yaeyama Powder. It should be here tmrw :woot:.. I look forward to it regulating my bowel movements and overall cleaning out my body. If my hair grows, great ...

alright. did it. bought some, received it. started yesterday taking the recommended dosage, which is 3g, or one level teaspoon per day. i mixed it with odwalla superfood green juice (you know the one with the broccoli, spinich, greens, etc.). i will say this. it has a distinctive smell. but not necessarily bad... when i drink it or smell the powder, i had an immediate memory of when i was little and played in the dirt, or was climbing trees in the backyard. it smells like... well, earth. concentrated earth, if you will.

i'll keep you posted.
You may have started too fast. You might want to take 1g to start and see how you do before moving up. Remember the articles from the health gurus that are sprinkled all through here...just because the bottle recommends 3 g doesn't mean that's where you start, or where you end up. That's up to you via reading pos #1 and #2 so you can decide how low or high you want to go. This is a food so there's no fear of overdosing however you need to make sure that your body can receive it and move according to your body's needs (how fast you move up and how much you take) in addition to monitoring for allergies, etc

OK ..... I don't know what's going on here.
When I was taking the pills (4gs) I was regular, now I'm taking the powder, and I haven't had a BM in 2 days!
What the hell is going on here?!

OK ..... I don't know what's going on here.
When I was taking the pills (4gs) I was regular, now I'm taking the powder, and I haven't had a BM in 2 days!
What the hell is going on here?!

I have a theory...and it's JUST a theory...but from watching the thread for over 3 months...it seems that those who take the powder are getting a stronger dose. Who knows why? But I notice those who take the powder are having a harder detox. Technically it's a good thing because it's detoxing you, but it's bad because you don't want to do it too fast. You may have to back off, or drink more water. Whatever you do you have to keep it moving. Get some magnesium citrate or whatever and get it moving because all of your detoxing is sitting in your intestines being absorbed back into your blood stream and that is a NO NO:nono:

I just got a relaxer three weeks ago and I'm starting to get some new growth!!! I used to rinse with nettle tea and my hair was soo thick I have to get back to that too! I saw it in this thread but didn't think it did anything until I stopped and thought about it again.

I have a theory...and it's JUST a theory...but from watching the thread for over 3 months...it seems that those who take the powder are getting a stronger dose. Who knows why? But I notice those who take the powder are having a harder detox. Technically it's a good thing because it's detoxing you, but it's bad because you don't want to do it too fast. You may have to back off, or drink more water. Whatever you do you have to keep it moving. Get some magnesium citrate or whatever and get it moving because all of your detoxing is sitting in your intestines being absorbed back into your blood stream and that is a NO NO:nono:

I think for me personally my body absorbed more of the powder than than the pills.

Hmm that's a point. I've had to back down on my dose of Chlorella to 0.5g a day. I started 6g for 2 weeks then suddenly got ill. I have to take it without food or I throw up.

After two weeks I decided to up my dose to 1g, I felt fine untill 3 hours later I ate pasta and threw up again.

I don't get it, why do I throw up only when I eat? And why did this start to happen after 2 weeks of taking Chlorella?

I can't take Chlorella and not eat for a whole day!

Last edited:
Back